Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lose to Wigan and I think there is a strong chance he will be gone. Purely because it could be our last realistic chance at a win for some time.

He will be struggling to keep the crowd on his side if we lose again. I don't want him to go yet as it is better the Devil you know with Ashley. He really needs to back him in January if he is still here though. Definitely need at least a centre half and a creative outlet and probably two more on top of that. We have really cocked up what we had last season and players will inevitably want to leave.

It's got to the stage now that I think the only way we will hold on to the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse is if we get a new manager in - one that lets them play football.

Pardew only has himself to blame. It's quite clear that priority number one is defensive shape, which would be fair enough if there was freedom in possession or some kind of attacking countering plan to go with it. (Other than kick it long quickly). When we concede there is no answer because all the team knows is keep shape, be hard to score against. Too late they scored, what do we do now?

Our good players, and we do have quite a few, have their abilities shackled by the negative mindset of the manager. A manager who told some of them what an expansive passing game they would be playing.

A win at stoke today would have been a thin veneer of paper over a gaping wound. Hope Ashley is paying attention.

Good post, although a win today would have been very useful for the points and at least to base some sort of come back for form overall.

The way in which we could never get a foothold in this game and just invited Stoke to keep chipping away until we cracked was disgusting. Pardew should have looked to Bigi and switched to 4-5-1 to hold them off for the last 30 mins but instead he did nothing and watched as Stoke got closer and closer to scoring. I thought the Kenwyne Jones header would have woke us up but no. Instead we allowed that pressure to crack at our weak point in defence and then randomly chucked on players to salvage the game by bringing off the ones that actually gave us a chance in winning it.

Our transfer blueprint (Apparently we have one) is totally misaligned with how Pardew seems to want us to play, he wants us to hoof it and be very direct yet we get cultured players like Anita, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveux etc, it's totally against the grain and quite frankly baffling that we have these players and decide to bypass them for >70% of every game. I just don't get it

Much as I hate his smug face I wouldn't be opposed to Di Matteo. He has shown himself to be a good attacking coach and has something to prove after being sacked by Chelsea.

Oh who am I kidding? It will be someone like Howard Wilkinson :okay:

Come to think of it, I actually wouldn't mind Di Matteo at all.

Guest Dr_Delirium

This mess has to cleaned by buying some new (decent) players, not by sacking the manager! This should've been done in the summer... Pardew could have done a few things better but the board is to blame for this crap season.

Who are people expecting to replace him at this point if he gets sacked?

Would like Martinez but in truth it needs to be a foreign coach type that can get us playing a more european game. I don't want anymore British managers because they never seem to have the nous to play good football (Except for a few like Fergie and Rednapp)

Guest bimpy474

Would like Martinez but in truth it needs to be a foreign coach type that can get us playing a more european game. I don't want anymore British managers because they never seem to have the nous to play good football (Except for a few like Fergie and Rednapp)

Martinez is English......wow  :cheesy:

Much as I hate his smug face I wouldn't be opposed to Di Matteo. He has shown himself to be a good attacking coach and has something to prove after being sacked by Chelsea.

Oh who am I kidding? It will be someone like Howard Wilkinson :okay:

Come to think of it, I actually wouldn't mind Di Matteo at all.

Aye did well at West Brom...hes done nowt but inherit a decent Chelsea team man, i could have done that :)

I really don't wanna sack him just because the new manager would be Mark Hughes. Give Pardew money in January and l'm sure we'll be fine. Go for the cups. Then we can sack him in the summer if there's need for it and get a proper replacement.

Ha, na didn't mean it like that, bad grammar, I meant Martinez or another foreign coach

This mess has to cleaned by buying some new (decent) players, not by sacking the manager! This should've been done in the summer... Pardew could have done a few things better but the board is to blame for this crap season.

Selling 3 or 4 bad players to bring in crucial replacements in January is a non-starter.

I don't actually think the tools are to blame here. It's' the 'Tool' in charge of them.

Guest bimpy474

Ha, na didn't mean it like that, bad grammar, I meant Martinez or another foreign coach

I know what he meant mate ;)

If it isn't Martinez then i'm with you, a foreign coach to bring decent football.

We'll probably replace him with some desperate cheap English has-been.

Exactly. No point in sacking Pardew unless we are going to bring in an intelligent manager who preaches possession football. In the meantime might as well keep this tosspot and hope the players work it out themselves like last season.