Jonas 6 - not the best but worked well with Santon

Marveaux 7 - playing with a bit of bite, much better

Cisse 7 - a constant thorn and worked his socks off

Ba 8 - great movement and finishing, top notch

SUBS:

Ferguson 6 - liability at the back but good going forward

Bigi 7.5 - superb, great goal

Sameobi 5 - did nowt

Pardew 8 - more or less spot on aside from being a little bit defensive in the second but understandable given the need for the 3pts.

Just thought I'd say that was much, much better. A performance I didnt expect at all. Hopefully this finally kickstarts our season. I thought Marveaux and Anita in particular were excellent and Bigi's goal was lush. The kid's gonna be a star!

Good night :clap:

Can't recall one Williamson hoof - what a difference that made.

I suspect we will see at least a dozen of them v Fulham. They will put pressure on our back 4 in a way that Wigan weren't able to - Krul won't be able to nudge it 5 yards to Williamson, who can then roll it to Anita, who can take as much time as he likes to find a decent pass.

However, it is pleasing that this team can play some decent football when theres some decent passes from the back. I really think today showed that another defender who can play football could make a huge difference. Marveaux also showed he can make things happen and he can also see the runs of other players.

Having Ba and Cisse up front together looks a lot more workable in a footballing side with Marveaux and Anita behind them.

After watching that I think one or two good signings in January and another couple of players finding form and fitness could see our season take off, unfortunately I suspect normal service will be resumed for the time being against Fulham - I just think some of our players won't be able to play that way if they aren't given the time (some because they're not ready yet, some because they can't).

Guest neesy111

Krul 6 - not a lot to do.

Simpson 7.5 - good going both ways.

Williamson 6 - a couple of shaky moments but on the whole OK

Colo 6.5 - got done a couple of times by Kone but solid enough

Santon 7.5 - great going forward and missed massively when he departed

Tiote 6 - tidy enough

Anita 8 - best performance to date

SUBS:

Sameobi 5 - did nowt

Pardew 8 - more or less spot on aside from being a little bit defensive in the second but understandable given the need for the 3pts.

Agreed apart from Jonas who was abysmal tonight.

Guest icemanblue

People complaining? Fucking idiots. :lol:

Didn't see a second of that, but couldn't contain myself and punched the air, whilst having dinner with clients. Fuck the details, 3-0 home win and we're onwards and upwards.

Guest icemanblue

People complaining? Fucking idiots. :lol:

Pathetic attempt again by yourself to have a go at others as usual.

:lol: Nighty nigh't, sad lad.

Krul 6 - not a lot to do.

Simpson 7.5 - good going both ways.

Williamson 6 - a couple of shaky moments but on the whole OK

Colo 6.5 - got done a couple of times by Kone but solid enough

Santon 7.5 - great going forward and missed massively when he departed

Tiote 6 - tidy enough

Anita 8 - best performance to date

SUBS:

Sameobi 5 - did nowt

Would give Tiote more than 6, thought he bossed the middle of the park in the first half and as a result enabled Anita and Marv to get on the ball and create.  He makes such a difference to us,  even with 10 men when he was missing in the 2nd half they were getting on top at times and keeping possession without creating much.  With Cheik in the first half we had a better control of the game. 

Earlier gubbins

Would give Tiote more than 6, thought he bossed the middle of the park in the first half and as a result enabled Anita and Marv to get on the ball and create.  He makes such a difference to us,  even with 10 men when he was missing in the 2nd half they were getting on top at times and keeping possession without creating much.  With Cheik in the first half we had a better control of the game. 

Fair comment although I do think we sat back a little bit but as you say Tiote missing would contribute to that.

The first half proves tactics and formations aren't as important as some claim when you just keep it simple and short. Worked a treat and we looked as good as we have all season.

Second half  :anguish: playing for 2-0 is fairly inexcusable considering the circumstances. Still good enough to limit them completely but we should have had 4 or 5 tonight.

:lol: :lol:

I thought we were excellent tonight and don't think them keeping 11 players on the pitch would have changed the result.

Our players were out and warming up for much longer than Wigan because we were up for it.  Our warm up was totally different to what we normally do.  They seemed to make up a couple of sides and one had to try and keep the ball by passing it while the other side had to close them down and try to win the ball.

We were much more up for this game than normal and I think we had a determination which we don't normally have.

Pleased with the performance tonight, especially the first half. We seemed to pass and move a lot more. Thank god the horrible hoof ball wasn't on show much tonight.

Marv and Anita looked class. Cisse and Ba worked well together tonight and that was based on the fact we played it on the floor and didn't just lump the ball up to them at every given opportunity.

I wish someone would learn Cisse the offside rule though. There was a canny few times when he was asking for the ball to be played through to him but he was clearly a yard offside. The one with Ba at the end being the worst.