Newcastle United 3 - 0 Wigan - 03/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 41

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Neville: I don't like short run-ups.

Presenter: Do you like these run-ups?

Neville: No.

Aye i noticed that, its like Gary Neville answered his question before he could ask it, then the presenter had no brain power and still asked the question.

Good result.  not happy with the performance overall tho.  Some good showings tonight (Anita & Marv in particular) but still some concerns but I suppose it would be a miracle if everything was going to get put right on the one night.  Would really like to think our performance for last 10mins of the first half and the first 15-20mins of the second was down to our players being nervous about screwing it up rather than instructions from Pardew.  If it was down to how they were being instructed to play then Pards needs taken down to the Tyne and a brick tied to his feet.  Big fan of Martinez and how he has his teams playing...couldn't help thinking regularly throughout the 2nd half what we'd be like with him in charge.

Thought the rotation of the midfield was good tonight. Anita, Marveaux and Bigi all took it in turns to play in the hole and it worked well. When Cabaye's back I'd like to see the midfield something like

Tioté Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Anita

With a hell of a lot of rotation between Marveaux/Cabaye/Anita/HBA. 4 excellent footballers, plenty of hard work and a destroyer. Would need a left footed left back and Santon right back for balance though.

And what was up with the ref? Totally erratic officiating.

Sammy being booked instantly for a harmless, petulant pull. Seconds later a Wigan player goes straight through one of ours, the ref then points out numerous fails but still doesn't book him :lol:

In the absence of Ben Arfa and Cabaye, Marveaux has to play. His technical ability made a difference tonight.

Ba and Cisse were both horribly clumsy at holding the ball up. For the 1000000000000000000th time, we should aim to play only one of them, and that's as a main striker.

Relieved to get the win, but we still need to use January to make some changes. That wasn't convincing.

Thought the rotation of the midfield was good tonight. Anita, Marveaux and Bigi all took it in turns to play in the hole and it worked well. When Cabaye's back I'd like to see the midfield something like

Tioté Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Anita

With a hell of a lot of rotation between Marveaux/Cabaye/Anita/HBA. 4 excellent footballers, plenty of hard work and a destroyer. Would need a left footed left back and Santon right back for balance though.

Swap tiote for bigi right now, and put cabaye in middle and anita holding...that all rotating and taking turns

:fwap:

Guest bimpy474

Sammy being booked instantly for a harmless, petulant pull. Seconds later a Wigan player goes straight through one of ours, the ref then points out numerous fails but still doesn't book him :lol:

Thats the rule though, a shirt pull is a instant booking.

Guest neesy111

I think he's on about the consistency as Caldwell should had been off 1st half.

Big fan of Martinez and how he has his teams playing...couldn't help thinking regularly throughout the 2nd half what we'd be like with him in charge.

Very much this. Despite us having better players it suprised me how much wigan tried to play it on the floor even with ten. Anita had a very good game for me and looks better with every game.

Guest bimpy474

I think he's on about the consistency as Caldwell should had been off 1st half.

Aye, thats the inconsistent stuff that really bugs me. If Caldwell hadn't been booked already he would have got a yellow for that. Tbf to the ref the pull was on the sleeve of our players shirt was on the side he couldn't see. Linesman could though.

Big fan of Martinez and how he has his teams playing...couldn't help thinking regularly throughout the 2nd half what we'd be like with him in charge.

Very much this. Despite us having better players it suprised me how much wigan tried to play it on the floor even with ten. Anita had a very good game for me and looks better with every game.

To an extent, yes. But some of the fannying about at the back, mainly in the first-half from Beausejour was daft, they were just passing for the sake of passing and we nearly caught them out a few times.

Late in the game Wigan player jumps on the back of Marvoo very close to the box and the ball goes back to midfield. Ref playing advantage. Shocking performance.

Guest bimpy474

team pass completion against Stoke was 69%. Was 87% tonight, much better use of the ball.

Players were much closer together in midfield and the gap between the midfield and forwards was much better, formation helped that, also not blootering it upfield dont half help.

Also them being down to 10 :| I wouldn't read too optimistically into stats of this game. Definately needed that to get confidence flowing again mind, confident we'll look better than we have, mind we couldn't look much worse

Guest neesy111

Late in the game Wigan player jumps on the back of Marvoo very close to the box and the ball goes back to midfield. Ref playing advantage. Shocking performance.

Aye, we really had an advantage having the ball 20 yards back FFS.