Bordeaux vs Newcastle United - 06/12/12 @ 6pm (live on ESPN)

Dave

I expect lots of changes but I also expect Pardew to give the travelling fans a bit of respect and go for a victory instead of just trying to see the game out.

I agree with Rich's team selection except I'd play Cissé instead of Shola. There's no benefit from playing Shola any more, at least Cissé might grab a goal and get some confidence going. I'd also start Simpson at CB with Tavernier RB.

Elliot

Tavernier Satka Williamson Ferguson

Bigirimana Abeid

Amalfitano                     

Sammy  Shola  Obertan

I'm not sure if I'm serious about Satka. Maybe.

Elliot

Tavernier Satka Williamson Ferguson

Bigirimana Abeid

Amalfitano                     

Sammy  Shola  Ferguson       

I'm not sure if I'm serious about Satka. Maybe.

:cheesy:

The reserves are playing Bedlington Terriers tomorrow night (weather permitting) so will be interesting to see who plays there as they clearly won't be involved in Bordeaux. 

Xisco and Ranger upfront.

Amen to that.

Just imagine if you could go back in time - say three/four years - and tell your old self you'd be seeing Xisco and Ranger up front in Bordeaux. You'd have thought that they'd become the strike partnership you always dreamed of.

Elliot

Newton    Tavernier    Perch    Ferguson

Bigirimana    Abeid

Obertan    Amalfitano    Sa. Ameobi

Sh. Ameobi

That'll do pig - provided Ba, Tiote and Santon are okay for Fulham. If not then you'd obviously rest Shola, Bigi and Perch too.

Newton at RB is a bit of a stab in the dark as it's not his natural position, but he has played there a bit for the reserves/U21's this season and out of the remaining players he was the closest to the first team squad at the end of last season. Not sure if Streete is fit enough to start after just returning to training today, but he'd be another one in contention normally. Steven Logan has also played a fair bit at fullback and has a squad number as well as the other two. There's also Satka (CB), who was pulled from the reserve game on Sunday for whatever reason.

If Obertan still isn't back then Ranger could come in alongside Shola in a very direct 4-4-2 with Amalfitano and Sammy wide. If Obertan does make it Pardew might just fancy starting Ranger ahead of Shola anyway, to keep the big fella fit for some games he could be a useful option from the bench in.

Should be interesting whatever happens, although a win would seem unlikely. Think we'll see Maddison, Riley, Moyo and others on the bench too.

I like it, but I don't think I'd even risk Perch if possible.

Think it will make an interesting lineup. Hopefully loads of fresh faces desperate to impress.

Hope Bigi plays, love the lad. Can tell he loves us and wants to impress, apparently he doesn't drink, shows respect to all the senior players and practices after his mistakes until he improves.

Exactly what we need in our squad, old fashioned type of footballer instead of a ego-centric knob who gets pissed every few days.

Have we sold our full away allocation?

No, 1200 sold from a 1700 allocation.

Not bad, I imagine we would have took a lot more had it been meaningless and people prioritise this instead of Brugge.

Its a shame as there was over 3000 tickets available.  3000 in Bordeaux would have been mental.

Hope Bigi plays, love the lad. Can tell he loves us and wants to impress, apparently he doesn't drink, shows respect to all the senior players and practices after his mistakes until he improves.

Exactly what we need in our squad, old fashioned type of footballer instead of a ego-centric knob who gets pissed every few days.

He is devoutly religious though, which shows he's a wee bit mental.

Where are people drinking in Bordeaux? It's a big city and not that many of us. I don't get there until 3pm on Thursday - will be doing plenty drinking on the Eurostar and train to Bordeaux to compensate.

L'victoire by all accounts. Speaking to my mate at the weekend who used to live theree aswell, he reckons there is a cracking Irish boozer.

Where are people drinking in Bordeaux? It's a big city and not that many of us. I don't get there until 3pm on Thursday - will be doing plenty drinking on the Eurostar and train to Bordeaux to compensate.

L'victoire by all accounts. Speaking to my mate at the weekend who used to live theree aswell, he reckons there is a cracking Irish boozer.

There's a canny Irish pub called the Connemara and it's right by Gambetta otherwise there's a few canny bars around Place de la Victoire - Café de Sport being one of them.

There's a canny Irish pub called the Connemara and it's right by Gambetta otherwise there's a few canny bars around Place de la Victoire - Café de Sport being one of them.

Cheers, our hotel is opposite the train station so that's a straight road up to the Square.

Cheers, our hotel is opposite the train station so that's a straight road up to the Square.

Mind yourself when you head back towards the train station at night, that area is rough as fuck. Actually got sprayed with mace by a random Frenchman around there.

Hotel Du Faisan?