Bordeaux 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 06/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 18

Disco

Don't think we've actually looked very interested in the game which is weird considering it's a young team

Wouldn't be surprised if they've been told to minimise injuries which in footballer speak means 'don't try overly hard'

These young players should be hungry and first into every challenge not jogging around like aged players on one last contract regardless of the game. Go out and impress FFS.

That one end sings then other end sings back that French fans do is class.

Do you guys not do this? Actually, I don't remember you doing it come to think of it. There's always some "Shelfside"/"Park Lane" chants at Spurs.

Up to the goal I think we played pretty well, some nice football and looking like we could open them up. Since they scored they've had an obvious boost in confidence and have been knocking it about comfortably. We've looked average and been very wasteful in possession.

Not an excuse or owt but the pitch is fucking abysmal. Not impressed by Shola throwing himself to the floor in promising positions either.

Good assessment. They're making us work very hard to get the ball back now they're a goal to the good.

Really struggled to impose ourselves on the game. Some of the comments in here are silly OTT though.

Up to the goal I think we played pretty well, some nice football and looking like we could open them up. Since they scored they've had an obvious boost in confidence and have been knocking it about comfortably. We've looked average and been very wasteful in possession.

Not an excuse or owt but the pitch is fucking abysmal. Not impressed by Shola throwing himself to the floor in promising positions either.

Would go along with this, but it's trumped by the sense that neither team honestly looks like they could give two fucks. That's a bit concerning as I would've expected your young players to be a bit hungrier, but barely anyone has looked that interested.

Pitch is truly an absolute shambles.

That one end sings then other end sings back that French fans do is class.

Do you guys not do this? Actually, I don't remember you doing it come to think of it. There's always some "Shelfside"/"Park Lane" chants at Spurs.

Not that I've ever heard. Spurs and Hull are the only English teams but nowhere near to the level of noise of the French, particularly OM fans.

pitch is awful, pardew probably didn't want them to work so hard as to provoke injuries, would be nice to win group but not all that important and we haven't been that bad but they began to dominate after the goal. Not surprising tis a young team out

The biggest positive we could take from this match would be if Williamson picked up another yellow card.

Have people forgotten what happened when we had no Colo, Saylor or Williamson? We conceded FOUR against NORWICH.

Ffs.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think all Pardew is interested in is getting the game over with and moving on, not looking for any more injuries or players out. hence no risks and no entertainment

The biggest positive we could take from this match would be if Williamson picked up another yellow card.

Have people forgotten what happened when we had no Colo, Saylor or Williamson? We conceded FOUR against NORWICH.

Ffs.

Maybe we'll have a new CB by the last 32 :yao:

Ffs.

Hey, we could play Perch man. The player who got dicked in the air first half tonight. :lol:

Don't mind the result. Just interesting to watch our youngsters.

Amalfitano and wee ginger on for the Ameobi's would be nice.

Aye, Campbell might give us a bit more mobility up top.  Still think we need Ranger to play a bit narrower though, he's playing like a winger at the moment.

Aye, Campbell might give us a bit more mobility up top.  Still think we need Ranger to play a bit narrower though, he's playing like a winger at the moment.

Makes sense since he's on the wing.

Makes sense since he's on the wing.

:lol: