Bordeaux 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 06/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 18

Disco

"I will probably look at loaning a few of those who played tonight, hopefully after January when I have got a stronger position in the squad."

Good. Bet it's not going to be as many as we'd like though.

Shola is always strong. I bet that Shola Yoda has some amazing Geordie Jedi mind controlling powers considering that he's still at the club and has featured in our team under most managers.

"I will probably look at loaning a few of those who played tonight, hopefully after January when I have got a stronger position in the squad."

Good. Bet it's not going to be as many as we'd like though.

I'll believe it when i see it especially with regards to stronger squad part.

We were pretty shite - canny trip, not as good as Bruges.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/DACA3CEE-4F09-4A76-B288-0791A988EC5A-1040-000000EB774B85A3.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/F4D72DE8-D0DE-4941-96B3-2936976D0223-1040-000000EB7EB31135.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/14D37592-A88E-45E7-8DE9-DC1D943B8B2C-1040-000000EB8AEA4C3A.jpg

Awful awful game.

Ranger gave our forwards a lesson in ball control and hold up play. Relatively speaking, he didn't look out of place despite not playing for almost 2 years.

The rest was just a non-event. Could have been furious with Shola had it been a meaningful game.

'I was just a little bit disappointed that we didn't give it a better go in terms of trying to retrieve the situation after conceding the first goal.'

It's funny how he seems a little surprised at this.  Hey, Al, guess what?  We've never come from behind to win in your entire time with the club, maybe you should look at that.  Have a shufty at the set penises too while you're at it.  Cheers.

Perhaps the most disappointing for me was Ferguson.  He can look easily good enough for the first team in short spells and cameos.  But whenever he's started, I think he's failed to impress, apart from maybe Bordeaux at home. 

Sammy beats players for fun in this competition, but his final ball is awful.  He doesn't even look where he's passing and never crosses it.  It usually just pea rolls to the first defender and then we get hit on the counter.

Quite impressed with Ranger.  Good with his back to goal, I forgot that his hold up play is half decent.  Looked fairly quick, showed the odd bit of skill and nearly got in behind a few times.  Long way to go obviously, but if he can stay fit, he offers as much of an impact off the bench as Shola IMO and he's a different type of player.

Perch and Willo were horrendous.  Considering they were the some of the senior players in the team, they really should have put more in.  Looked half arsed and were caught out time and again.

Disappointing in lotsa ways, but especially as it showed up the lack of depth we have in the squad. You wouldn't fancy calling upon many of those featured yesterday except in the most dire of circumstances.

Disappointing in lotsa ways, but especially as it showed up the lack of depth we have in the squad. You wouldn't fancy calling upon many of those featured yesterday except in the most dire of circumstances.

We are all aware of the lack of depth though. I'm suprised that people are suprised about the performance or the result. Majority of those who played last night will never play regularly for us at first team level.

Guest Roger Kint

We are all aware of the lack of depth though. I'm suprised that people are suprised about the performance or the result. Majority of those who played last night will never play regularly for us at first team level.

To be honest theres a few that will probably never have a top flight career in the next year or so never mind a regular place in our team.

To be honest theres a few that will probably never have a top flight career in the next year or so never mind a regular place in our team.

Well yeah, exactly. Last night was no suprise. Move on and look forward to the draw.

Guest Roger Kint

Well yeah, exactly. Last night was no suprise. Move on and look forward to the draw.

Definately, maybe we will be even blessed with some new recruits so that the ones that have a future can get some much needed loan experience for the rest of the season.