Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We do need a CB for sure, and I will criticise them if they don't do everything to get one.

Can't wait to see this.

You are tiring mate.

I see you're in another argument about the board/Pardew.

How about actually debating something instead of popping up with tiresome and irrelevant points scoring?

Encouraging news, would be great seeing him and Ben Arfa either side in an attacking trio.

My socks would be blown well and truly off.

Aye.

I've never actually seen the lad play or anything, but still. :lol:

Guest neesy111

It's such a pointless discussion, especially as a stick to beat Pardew. We will sign the players we can get for the money we're prepared to pay, we know what the situation is with Ashley. Obviously Pardew would want as many good players as he could get, so I don't see how it's worth criticising him either.

The fact we seem to be in for people like Remy is surely a good sign.

You may as well be Ashley's spokesman with that view point.

There's no point going over this debate again. I want signings as much as anyone, we just know how the club is approaching these things now. While Ashley is here, we need to just hope for more of our signature deals. Our signings have generally been brilliant, just not quite enough of them in some positions.

It's a flawed transfer plan as it creates such a unbalanced squad for what's needed.  We've still got a CB which is 2nd choice who was signed as a backup in the Championship almost 3 years ago now.

I agree, the flaw is that we might not be able to do the right deal for the ideal player we need, and we will miss out.

But other transfer policies have flaws too, like the one that took us to the brink of financial ruin and relegation the last time. Unless the club deliver exactly the right players, and they turn out to be good, they will be criticised. That's fair enough I suppose, fans are allowed to be idealist if they want.

IMO the current transfer policy is too far in the other direction to what happened under Shepherd.  There needs to be a balance into getting the squad we need.  Are we actually saying we haven't found a decent CB which isn't too expense in almost 19 months since Sol Campbell left, because if we haven't some serious questions have to be raised about how we are searching for this player.

It's such a pointless discussion, especially as a stick to beat Pardew. We will sign the players we can get for the money we're prepared to pay, we know what the situation is with Ashley. Obviously Pardew would want as many good players as he could get, so I don't see how it's worth criticising him either.

There's no point going over this debate again. I want signings as much as anyone, we just know how the club is approaching these things now. While Ashley is here, we need to just hope for more of our signature deals. Our signings have generally been brilliant, just not quite enough of them in some positions.

It's a flawed transfer plan as it creates such a unbalanced squad for what's needed.  We've still got a CB which is 2nd choice who was signed as a backup in the Championship almost 3 years ago now.

I agree, the flaw is that we might not be able to do the right deal for the ideal player we need, and we will miss out.

But other transfer policies have flaws too, like the one that took us to the brink of financial ruin and relegation the last time. Unless the club deliver exactly the right players, and they turn out to be good, they will be criticised. That's fair enough I suppose, fans are allowed to be idealist if they want.

IMO the current transfer policy is too far in the other direction to what happened under Shepherd.  There needs to be a balance into getting the squad we need.  Are we actually saying we haven't found a decent CB which isn't too expense in almost 19 months since Sol Campbell left, because if we haven't some serious questions have to be raised about how we are searching for this player.

Fair play. I accept that we should be signing a CB. Let's chat about Remy in this thread.

We do need a CB for sure, and I will criticise them if they don't do everything to get one.

Can't wait to see this.

You are tiring mate.

I see you're in another argument about the board/Pardew.

How about actually debating something instead of popping up with tiresome and irrelevant points scoring?

What's the point? We all know exactly what you're going to say and you'll keep saying it regardless of what's happening. Tiresome, indeed.

Guest bimpy474

And were off again.

I know, sorry, I tried not to get involved.

Back to the Remy chat!

Do be sorry mate, Its about debate and there's going to be disagreements.

Rather enjoy the stuff myself.

Guest neesy111

Fair play. I accept that we should be signing a CB. Let's chat about Remy in this thread.

OK.

If Remy is the replacement for Ba then I'm happy BUT going back to the CB stuff as it's relevant.  I think we should be concentrating on that deal first. :undecided:

Guest neesy111

Me too, CB is more important, I said that earlier in this thread.

Still be pleased to get Remy though, can't help myself.

I know, we all like our attacking players.

0 goals in the league this season  :lol:

Aye we'll be signing him.

Scored past Lyon the other week in their 1-4 mauling the other week.

Big ask for him to go from a bit part player this season (2 starts, 12 subs) at a team joint top of the league to a struggling team in a different league. It is weird how his form has collapsed from last season, wonder if he's been sulking a bit at not moving in the summer after being very, very strongly linked with Spurs amongst others. Would've thought they'll be back in n all btw.

If we do get him from what I've seen he'd be a big boost but he's another 1 player to cover 2 positions signing, classic Ashley and while it'd be a boost it still wouldn't address the getting the ball to these forward players options.

Pardew's just trying to lower expectations like he always does. Then if we buy more than one player he can then take to the press about how amazing Mike was at backing him in his time of need.

Exactly, it's gone from 3/4, to 2/3 to one in the space of about 10 days. It's the same bluster he comes out with every transfer window and it's why I barely bother registering what he says as it changes all the time probably depending on who he spoke too last.

If (and it's a big one) it is only 1 player coming it's a huge risk 'til the end of the season unless if someone of Paul Warhurst versatility coming in.

Guest ItalianMagpie

One player in....total?

Wasn't expecting anything more than that.

And I'm not sure about that one player either, tbh.

That one player story :facepalm: if true.

He probably said 'we'll be bringing in at least one player' and the journalist has written what the fuck he wants.

It's not often i'm optimistic but I can't believe they're not looking at bringing in a CB - Pardew already said there are 7 CBs on the list a couple of weeks back.

Guest ItalianMagpie

but I can't believe

I'm always amused when I read this, as if the previous 73326526763348 trasfer windows hadn't seen all of our expectations be miserably crushed  :lol:

Guest ItalianMagpie

but I can't believe

I'm always amused when I read this, as if the previous 73326526763348 trasfer windows hadn't seen all of our expectations be miserably crushed  :lol:

Why are you ignoring all our good signings?

I'm not, but to be honest that happened only once since Ashley took over, and it was 2 years ago. All the other windows were abysmal, we followed the same few targets for weeks /months and always ended up with nothing, even when we desperately needed someone and even when we "couldn't believe" that the board wouldn't do anything.