Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So we might be bringing in 1 player and seeing 2 leave?  That makes sense when we're complaining about having so many injuries and so many games.

Only at Newcastle, also, doesn't Remy have a suspect heart condition?

Yes, that sums it up Mick....as for the heart condition, if that is true he'll fit in well - half the club's fans are probably suffering the same ailment after the events of this season.

Personally, I am saying nothing about prospective transfers until I see the Press conference introducing the player - there was once a boy that cried 'wolf'...!

Can anyone tell me a little bit more about Remy playing style wise. Haven't seen much of him despite hearing a lot about him.

Does sound like it'll be Marveaux moving on if this happens which would be a shame and seems to indicate that Ba may move on too. Could still see defensive/midfield reinforements happen too though (wet dreams)

Was initially quite excited until reading some of the more informed opinions on here. Sounds like he's a dud who will inhibit our "style" and be lucky to survive until May with his medical condition,

Ashley, Pardew, Carr and every other fucker out !

Newcastle insist that they want Ba to stay and have been attempting to get the Senegalese striker, who has 11 league goals already this season, to agree a new contract removing the clause.

Can someone tell me why the hell we haven't offered him this new contract to remove the clause yet? It's one year since this story came out, we apparently risked to lose him (for a ridiculous amount of money) in the last January window as well as in the last summer window...and we're still trying to remove the bloody clause? Bollocks. Someone is not telling the truth, if this clause exists I can't believe that the issue hasn't been sorted out after one year, nor that nobody seriously came in for him knowing about this. His health is not good enough? Bah, football clubs use to risk much more than this, Abramovich splashed 50 millions on a player who had been consistently shit for 2 years, I guess it wouldn't be too daring to spend 7 millions on a more than decent striker like Ba (especially if you're desperate, like Liverpool), even if his health is not guaranteed :hmm:

As far as we know the club has a policy of not renegotiating a deal until a player has been into his current deal for 18 months or so, (i think).

They are doing that with Demba now and he doesn't as of yet want to sign, and wont if you ask me.

Tiote.

In favour of doing this, especially if we sell Ba.

Really don't see why we need to let Marveaux go though, we're lacking creativity in midfield so much and with Jonas getting worse by the game, his time is bound to come if he wants it.

Remy-Cissé-Ben Arfa sounds fantastic

This, right back and a centre back or two and we are back in business.

We really need to show this current squad we mean business so the good players at least will stay.

Simpson will more than likely leave anyway now, Williamson is championship at best (best keep him in case!) and Jonas needs replacing as well now.  With Tiote off in Jan this is essential.

Big risk given our position to spend on 4 players, but IMO the risk of not doing it is far greater.

Was initially quite excited until reading some of the more informed opinions on here. Sounds like he's a dud who will inhibit our "style" and be lucky to survive until May with his medical condition,

Ashley, Pardew, Carr and every other f***er out !

:lol:

Guest neesy111

If we sell Ba then we would need to sign Remy and 1 other. Madness how we never signed a forward in the summer when the backups are Obertan, Ranger and the Ameobis.

But we should be grateful for the squad that was left.....

I see the problem as one of balance rather than numbers. We have four DMs in Tiote, Bigi, Perch and Anita, and no-one who really attacks the box from the centre. Also three centre-forwards in Ba, Cisse and Shola, and no-one with pace and movement who creates from deeper.

From what I've seen of Remy, he's just what we need.

Guest neesy111

I think it's more that our options are incredibly limited when we want to play a front 3.

We can put players in it like Jonas but that's like going Xmas shopping on Boxing Day.

Guest ItalianMagpie

It's not always that players coming from another league immediately find themselves comfortable in the EPL: losing Ba and getting this guy in when we are 2 points above relegation and we desperately need points sounds quite a risky move to me.

If he struggles we're screwed.