Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ItalianMagpie

Newcastle insist that they want Ba to stay and have been attempting to get the Senegalese striker, who has 11 league goals already this season, to agree a new contract removing the clause.

Can someone tell me why the hell we haven't offered him this new contract to remove the clause yet? It's one year since this story came out, we apparently risked to lose him (for a ridiculous amount of money) in the last January window as well as in the last summer window...and we're still trying to remove the bloody clause? Bollocks. Someone is not telling the truth, if this clause exists I can't believe that the issue hasn't been sorted out after one year, nor that nobody seriously came in for him knowing about this. His health is not good enough? Bah, football clubs use to risk much more than this, Abramovich splashed 50 millions on a player who had been consistently s*** for 2 years, I guess it wouldn't be too daring to spend 7 millions on a more than decent striker like Ba (especially if you're desperate, like Liverpool), even if his health is not guaranteed :hmm:

As far as we know the club has a policy of not renegotiating a deal until a player has been into his current deal for 18 months or so, (i think).

But this is just stupid. Ok, I understand the policy and I know the reasons why it was decided so, but this is a particular case and the club risk to lose a lot of money here. It wouldn't be an exception to satisfy a greedy player's demands, it would be for the club's sake.

Guest bimpy474

Newcastle insist that they want Ba to stay and have been attempting to get the Senegalese striker, who has 11 league goals already this season, to agree a new contract removing the clause.

Can someone tell me why the hell we haven't offered him this new contract to remove the clause yet? It's one year since this story came out, we apparently risked to lose him (for a ridiculous amount of money) in the last January window as well as in the last summer window...and we're still trying to remove the bloody clause? Bollocks. Someone is not telling the truth, if this clause exists I can't believe that the issue hasn't been sorted out after one year, nor that nobody seriously came in for him knowing about this. His health is not good enough? Bah, football clubs use to risk much more than this, Abramovich splashed 50 millions on a player who had been consistently s*** for 2 years, I guess it wouldn't be too daring to spend 7 millions on a more than decent striker like Ba (especially if you're desperate, like Liverpool), even if his health is not guaranteed :hmm:

As far as we know the club has a policy of not renegotiating a deal until a player has been into his current deal for 18 months or so, (i think).

But this is just stupid. Ok, I understand the policy and I know the reasons why it was decided so, but this is a particular case and the club risk to lose a lot of money here. It wouldn't be an exception to satisfy a greedy player's demands, it would be for the club's sake.

Well yes but i actually dont mind the stance the club takes over not going mental with the wages. He clause was probably something he insisted on when he joined as he was on a free. Didn't do the club any harm either as he had the issues with his knee. Turned out his knee seems fine and his a very good player.

We could lose out on money with him but as is being picked up on by quite a few on here, he is rather looking like a bit of a player who goes where the money is. If he is as selfish as it starting to appear then i can stomach losing him.

The clause is worth £5m to him, at least.

How so?

He apparently gets half of £7.5m, plus he will get a big signing fee off the buying club due to the clause keeping his value artificially low. Bit like when a player has a contract expired, just means the buying club pays a fee directly to the player instead of a club. Who offers the most wins.

Love how everyone's just expecting Pardew to revert to the mythical formation he hasn't gone back to all season. :lol:

Fair comment, he might not revert to it just yet. But at least he's buying a player who would fit very well in that set up in case he decides to switch to it finally. Or should his successor be clever enough to realize it's the best we can do with the type of players we have.

#potentialsilverlining

Love how everyone's just expecting Pardew to favour the mythical formation he hasn't gone back to all season. :lol:

Im hoping Pardew has been trying to keep BA happy enough to sign the deal. If that's not the reason for the 442 then were fucked anyway.

So we might be bringing in 1 player and seeing 2 leave?  That makes sense when we're complaining about having so many injuries and so many games.

Only at Newcastle, also, doesn't Remy have a suspect heart condition?

Guest ItalianMagpie

How so?

He apparently gets half of £7.5m, plus he will get a big signing fee off the buying club due to the clause keeping his value artificially low. Bit like when a player has a contract expired, just means the buying club pays a fee directly to the player instead of a club. Who offers the most wins.

So that's what the part I was missing. He will never sign then, with this money and the money he'd get somewhere else on the line it would be too bad of a deal for him.

How so?

So that's what the part I was missing. He will never sign then, with this money and the money he'd get somewhere else on the line it would be too bad of a deal for him.

Afraid so, he holds all the aces ATM, can't see him throwing his hand in when he's got some great offers coming his way.

Ironically a knee injury is our only saviour, would all but finish the interest of every club bar QPR.

I can easily see Pardew playing both Cisse and Remy in a front 2 unfortunately. Remy has been so hit and miss the last 2 seasons, not guaranteed whatever problems he has will rapidly evaporate with a move to Newcastle