Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've proved by buying Debuchy when we already have Simpson that we will upgrade a first team player if we can get the right signing. No doubt we would do the same at CB if we could.

He's out of contract in the summer. :lol:

We've proved by buying Debuchy when we already have Simpson that we will upgrade a first team player if we can get the right signing. No doubt we would do the same at CB if we could.

We'll either be trying to sell Simpleton in this window or he's off for free next Summer so we'll still be one short eventually. One in one out.

Absolutely.  There just weren't any CBs available anywhere for the last two years.  Nothing to do with Simpson's contract either of course.

Absolutely.  There just weren't any CBs available anywhere for the last two years.  Nothing to do with Simpson's contract either of course.

Oh wow you have produced yet another flippant non-post. I don't have a prize for you unfortunately.

And there it is. Of course we can improve at centre back if we're willing, man, we need to find an upgrade on Mike Williamson.

If we can't find a top European player for £5m then then we won't though, we'll just go another year wanting.

Mbiwa seems as if he's available again.

Arsenal linked with him today again.

Regarding Remy, seems to be quite a few reports saying we're in agreement with Marseille but need to negotiate with him now.

Getting this done this week would fill me with optimism.

About Aubameyang; some outlets (Chronicle among others) saying he's available for £6m. Load of fucking bollocks if he's not under any clause. Should be at least £10-12m with the form he's in and the reputation he's gained this season.

Oh wow you have produced yet another flippant non-post. I don't have a prize for you unfortunately.

It's difficult not to when you constantly post such obvious tripe.

And? We've upgraded a first team player... before he actually left!

That's a rare occurrence. Embrace it.

And? We've upgraded a first team player, before he actually left.

It's certainly a more pleasant approach to transfers than selling a first team player and not replacing them until at least another transfer window has gone by as far as I am concerned, but hey ho..

Guest firetotheworks

And? We've upgraded a first team player, before he actually left.

Leon Best, Joey Barton and a few others were all upgraded upon before leaving.

Was everyone not convinced that we would just let Simpson's contract run down and rely on Tav/Perch then? That seems the obvious ultra-negative conclusion. Or that we would give a new 5-year deal?

TBF we tried too but he didn't sign in. Whether that would've impacted on Debuhcy is up for debate.

We are not going to spend for a top forward and a top defender in the same window along with Debuchy. Not unless we are selling another. I wonder how negatively the club views Williamson and even Perch in terms of playing centreback. If Taylor is really meant to come back at an effective level, than all we really need is experienced and capable Premiership quality cover. Surely we can get this on loan or at a low price.

Would people be satisfied with remy and nothing else? The fact it's not that ridiculous to suggest we get neither makes me think just debuchy and remy wouldn't be too bad a window. All three seems a bit optimistic.

Nope, Remy and CB is minimum BUT it is sad we have got to this stage where we are satisfied with what are basically crumbs

We are not going to spend for a top forward and a top defender in the same window along with Debuchy. Not unless we are selling another. I wonder how negatively the club views Williamson and even Perch in terms of playing centreback. If Taylor is really meant to come back at an effective level, than all we really need is experienced and capable Premiership quality cover. Surely we can get this on loan or at a low price.

Do you think it's that black and white? I would have thought everything depends on the kind of deal we can get. If we get what we see as value then I think we would buy a CB and a forward.

Obviously getting what Ashley sees as value is the tricky bit.

And? We've upgraded a first team player... before he actually left!

It's a step in the right direction, incredibly.

Guest Brazilianbob

Got a horrible feeling that offering Simpson a deal he finds acceptable means Parsnip is going to play Debuchy at CB.

Regarding Remy, seems to be quite a few reports saying we're in agreement with Marseille but need to negotiate with him now.

About Aubameyang; some outlets (Chronicle among others) saying he's available for £6m. Load of f***ing bollocks if he's not under any clause. Should be at least £10-12m with the form he's in and the reputation he's gained this season.

He's not really in any kind of form at the moment though. Yes he has had a very good start to the season (eight goals and six assists in 18 games), but he hasn't scored since November and although he was instrumental in their win over PSG his form has really dropped off since and that's the main reason why Saint-Etienne have slumped from title challengers to 10th in the table.

Aubameyang is undoubtedly an exceptional talent, but while ASSE would probably initally demand 10-12m euros, I would suspect that they would likely accept around 8m if the right club came along.

Guest VanBarduck

Got a horrible feeling that offering Simpson a deal he finds acceptable means Parsnip is going to play Debuchy at CB.

that post  ;D

Do you think it's that black and white? I would have thought everything depends on the kind of deal we can get. If we get what we see as value then I think we would buy a CB and a forward.

Obviously getting what Ashley sees as value is the tricky bit.

I agree with you Ian but the problem with this board is that they're so focussed on getting a deal everytime they buy a player that ultimately I think it only ends up costing them money in the long run. I'm not suggesting they pay over the odds for a player but seems to me they pulled out of deals in the summer because they figured they were being taken for mugs. We don't know how much the goal posts were moved but the money they're losing regarding their league position and the potential catastrophe of relegation is all coming to a head because players weren't brought in (that and some of Pardew and the coaching staff's clear mistakes in coaching the team) Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay decent money for a player when you can't get a "deal".

About Aubameyang; some outlets (Chronicle among others) saying he's available for £6m. Load of f***ing bollocks if he's not under any clause. Should be at least £10-12m with the form he's in and the reputation he's gained this season.

He's not really in any kind of form at the moment though. Yes he has had a very good start to the season (eight goals and six assists in 18 games), but he hasn't scored since November and although he was instrumental in their win over PSG his form has really dropped off since and that's the main reason why Saint-Etienne have slumped from title challengers to 10th in the table.

Aubameyang is undoubtedly an exceptional talent, but while ASSE would probably initally demand 10-12m euros, I would suspect that they would likely accept around 8m if the right club came along.

Interesting, didn't think he would go for any less than 12m tbh. Funny how all the strikers we want are out of form :lol:

I stand corrected on his form, but "form" in this case would be the same sort of "form" Cabaye was made out to have through last season, his price tag will be significantly affected.