Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Said it before and saying it again. Why don't both clubs consider a loan with a mandatory buy clause once he's proven innocent. No other club will come in for him atm and QPR wants his wages off, the player wants to leave and we need a forward. If QPR refuses to loan him out, in the event he's proven guilty they will have no chance of offloading him.

According to twitter someone on talksport said we'd agreed a fee for Remy.

Ian Abrahams‏@BroadcastMoose9m

Loic Remy transfer gossip - my source says he thinks loic is off to Newcastle

load of shite in other words

According to twitter someone on talksport said we'd agreed a fee for Remy.

Ian Abrahams‏@BroadcastMoose9m

Loic Remy transfer gossip - my source says he thinks loic is off to Newcastle

load of shite in other words

Yeah I read further on twitter after I posted that and saw who it came from :lol:

I don't understand this Remy thing at all, if we really are in for him then we obviously don't care that he has an upcoming rape trial to attend in September?

Why would they be willing to take a risk on something like that? Are we even aware of it? Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we weren't.

I don't understand this Remy thing at all, if we really are in for him then we obviously don't care that he has an upcoming rape trial to attend in September?

Why would they be willing to take a risk on something like that? Are we even aware of it? Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we weren't.

I'd imagine there would be a 'worse case scenario' clause to any contract. Maybe the first 12 months would be a loan deal with view to a buy.

I do hope we get him because we can tell Cisse to go fuck himself the two faced greedy wanker.

It's not a trial in September (I made that mistake myself).  In September they will either charge him or not and then he'll face a trial (I presume that's what the process is).  I'd have thought we'd be able to consult various legal people and get a decent idea on how likely it is that he'll get charged.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Mike loves damaged goods. Make a big play on the fact Remy could go down, reduce the fee due to this risk, get him on the cheap, hope he escapes doing any bird and then sell him on.

Same with HBA when he broke his leg. You know the quality is there so you can risk being without him for 6 months, knowing he'll still do a job and you'll always get your money back (at worst).

To me he just seems like the kind of player we shouldn't be touching with a barge pole, there was the obvious debacle the first time around with him favouring the cash to go to almost definitely relegated QPR, then theres the rape allegations and subsequent court appearances.

He just doesn't seem like the kind of player I want at my club and I think most are only warming to the idea of him because they are desperate to see a new signing.

He probably is the best and more what we need out of the pool we've been linked with though, but surely theres someone else out there without the baggage?

Guest chopey

At the end of the day nothing has been proven and as things stand he's a top quality striker at a good price

At the end of the day nothing has been proven and as things stand he's a top quality striker at a good price

I know, innocent until proven guilty and all that, just you know this is NUFC and his baggage is bound to come back and bite us on the arse.

I thought part of the new recruitment process under Graham Carr was to do the research behind the scenes and not only bring in the right player but bring in the right character too, I'm assuming that went out the window with JFK's triumphant return.

Really not the slightest bit surprised we are back in for him. Cut price deal for someone we've courted previously and for ages, and he's available. Mouthwatering criteria for Ashley. Quite naive to think we wouldn't look to sign him again in the Summer if QPR were relegated.

The rape case is an obvious complication. As someone mentioned he'll no doubt get the sack if he's found guilty, a verdict which would surprise me tbh.

We clearly don't have any other scouts than Carr, wish we would expand and look at some other leagues to get players that don't have french nationality or speaking box ticked. I would like a variety of nationalities.

I know, innocent until proven guilty and all that, just you know this is NUFC and his baggage is bound to come back and bite us on the arse.

I thought part of the new recruitment process under Graham Carr was to do the research behind the scenes and not only bring in the right player but bring in the right character too, I'm assuming that went out the window with JFK's triumphant return.

You can't really say that though because we were in for him way before JFK arrived

Really not the slightest bit surprised we are back in for him. Cut price deal for someone we've courted previously and for ages, and he's available. Mouthwatering criteria for Ashley. Quite naive to think we wouldn't look to sign him again in the Summer if QPR were relegated.

The rape case is an obvious complication. As someone mentioned he'll no doubt get the sack if he's found guilty, a verdict which would surprise me tbh.

How can you say that about a case you know fuck all about unless you were the one raped  :idiot2:

How can you say that about a case you know f*** all about unless you were the one raped  :idiot2:

Footballers generally get let off, that's why i'd be surprised.

How can you say that about a case you know f*** all about unless you were the one raped  :idiot2:

Footballers generally get let off, that's why i'd be surprised.

Time will tell on that one and the lady in question gets a huge bung to drop the charge etc

We should offer Campbell in a swap loan deal & if Remy is found not guilty then we pay the fee. Harry would be great for Adam, could really bring on his game way more than Pardew would keeping him here.

We should offer Campbell in a swap loan deal & if Remy is found not guilty then we pay the fee. Harry would be great for Adam, could really bring on his game way more than Pardew would keeping him here.

Harry with his fantastic history of bringing through young players. Like Kanu.

Or when he tried to sell Bale to Birmingham.

Guest dazzanufc1892

ferdinand, lampard, carrick, cole

ferdinand, lampard, carrick, cole

Shhhhhhh he wasn't looking as far back as The Hammers

:D

To be fair, there is a popular conception that conviction rates in rape cases are low. Basically of reported rapes (i.e. someone complains to the police) about 13% will result in a conviction.

That being said when a rape is actually charged (ie the CPS decide there is sufficient evidence to prosecute) the conviction rate is actually around 60%. Note Remy has not, and may not be charged. 

What does this mean? Well it's difficult to form a clear opinion on the figures. That being said that 60% conviction rate includes cases where people plead guilty. So the conviction rate after a trial is placed at about 50%.

In Remy's case on the face of it there are 3 people accused. If they all have the same story then it's likely a jury couldn't be sure.  But until we know what the evidence is (I.e. what is actually said in the Courtroom) it is difficult to predict.