Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whilst I disagree on the whole with players thinking of themselves/their countries in pulling out of games, who can blame him?

The coaching staff clearly gave up caring months ago with a top ten finish looking pretty much tied up, so why should he put himself out for a nothing game?

I'd be protecting myself too.

Don't blame the lad at all, spent half a season at QPR proabably quadrupling his wages, came to us with the whole rapey rapey thing hanging over him and will probably sign for a club now that is his level.

• 1 month later...
Guest antz1uk

if Remy stays at QPR for a 2nd spell then that tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Also £11m for a championship player to stay in the championship is just crazy

if Remy stays at QPR for a 2nd spell then that tells you everything you need to know about the man.

If he stays at QPR then all of this Champions League talk really meant give me more $$$

Why didn't he get any (or much? - dunno) action for the French team in the World Cup?

Other players impressed during the friendlies leading up to the WC and kept their places.

I think we should have one last go at trying to get him. This Arsenal deal doesn't seem to be all tied up as it was supposed to have been.

:iamatwat:

We could have one last go at persuading Debuchy to stay too.. Or one last go at persuading Aubermayeng at the second attempt he should come here instead of Roma.

It's like telling your ex you have changed and worked out how to use the tumble dryer. It's beyond too late. Choose the shambles before you or an ambitious club with champions league football. The odds are like a million to one.

http://collegetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

Saved Ashley £40m by keeping us up last year. The £2m loan fee was our best bit of business last year.

If he stays at QPR then all of this Champions League talk really meant give me more $$$

Not sure I understand why staying at QPR reflects poorly on Remy. He wants to play for a CL side and no doubt dreams about a progressive, accepting high profile club like Arsenal, but he's not going to accept a lower wage packet to run the risk of sitting on the bench/be used as an infrequently rotated striker ala Ba. Seems fairly logical/understandable to me, one of the benefits of joining a CL club is meant to be the substantial pay rise that comes with it, and no doubt that's the primary reason why players are so desperate to move to these elite clubs. Otherwise these big clubs wouldn't bother paying silly wages to their entire squad...

Nicely timed article to keep the window lickers happy when Debuchy goes. "Aye we sold Debuchy but we're signing 5 players and Remy it wuz in the Chronicle man"