Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's a funny situation, on one hand we obviously want him to do well while he's with us but if he does, there will be others in for him in the summer and no doubt Redknapp with get QPR back up so he could also go back there if he wants. He's already turned us down once when another team showed interest, if there is a minimum release still active in his contract then bigger clubs than QPR will be looking at him in the summer assuming he continues his current form and the legal issues are resolved.

This is why I hate loans, but I do understand the need for it in his case, just hope we've protected ourselves with some kind of clause that gives us first option or something, as the guy from the games we've seen is just the player we need.

Pretty much every media concerned says we have.... the club don't usually make a big thing out of these things but it doesn't mean we don't....

And i said before if he wants to stay in England there's not many better options honestly.... Most clubs who are better already have their strikers in place and are better than Remy or in Chelsea's case buy better.

The thing, though, is that I can see somebody like, say, Stoke coming in with 75k/w (which you won't match) and him happily going there. It's not like he didn't sign for the worst team in the PL when enough cash was flashed in front of him.

Yeah that's true it wouldn't surprise me..... hope and pray is all i can do really, cut above anything we have had in years from a general play and scoring goals point of view.

“But if he scores goals and does well for us, Alan will be happy with our end of the deal; the player will be happy because he will come into contention for a World Cup place with France; and if both those things happen, Remy will go back to QPR as a World Cup player with a higher value than when he joined them, so everyone will come out of it well.

Not sure about this really.  I don't think it's by any means certain he'll stay with us at the end of the season.  If QPR get promoted then he can go back there, still play in the premiership and be on a salary about double what we would pay him.

“But if he scores goals and does well for us, Alan will be happy with our end of the deal; the player will be happy because he will come into contention for a World Cup place with France; and if both those things happen, Remy will go back to QPR as a World Cup player with a higher value than when he joined them, so everyone will come out of it well.

Not sure about this really.  I don't think it's by any means certain he'll stay with us at the end of the season.  If QPR get promoted then he can go back there, still play in the premiership and be on a salary about double what we would pay him.

who said that, pissbag kinnear?