Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He had no choice when harry was banging on about it in the summer, but then he came out and said it would be there again in January, not sure if i missed it but fairly sure there was nothing said about that in the media or elsewhere till Pardew mentioned it.  He is a gobshite like.  Although I don't think he's being pushed out :lol: Some people really have been made paranoid over the past couple of years.

Newcastle striker Demba Ba faces fine as Newcastle close in on a transfer window move for Marseille forward Loïc Rémy

Newcastle could fine Demba Ba for giving an interview in which he admitted he was interested in a move to Arsenal

Newcastle are far from happy with the Senegal international, who made his comments on French television, and Pardew will discuss with managing director Derek Llambias what action to take.

Pardew's got a cheek if that's true, considering the amount of time he broadcasts the guy's availability to the English press.

Sounds like somebodys being pushed out..

I really hope that isn't the case. We could do with Demba showing up for the final games of December if we're going to pick up a single point.

Likewise. Where are the goals going to come from, really? :(

Guest Roger Kint

He had no choice when harry was banging on about it in the summer, but then he came out and said it would be there again in January, not sure if i missed it but fairly sure there was nothing said about that in the media or elsewhere till Pardew mentioned it.  He is a gobshite like.  Although I don't think he's being pushed out :lol: Some people really have been made paranoid over the past couple of years.

Aye its definately paranoia to say that like, well that or a basic hatred of Pardew :lol:

Am sure one paper found out about the clause and then Pardew just came out and said its a re-occurring thing but could be wrong.

I think he was asked directly in an interview and had he lied it would have still came out, so to be honest about Ba's contract was his only move. I am not to convinced there is that much interest in Demba though, he banged in plenty last season and no club offered the £7.5m, the knee issue should not matter as he has proven his fitness here, not sure what it is that seems to be putting clubs off.

Aye fair enough if he's asked direct: 'does the clause continue to the next window?'

There must be some other ridiculous fees involved for people not to cough up the 7.5million.  Just doesn't seem to make sense.

I think he was asked directly in an interview and had he lied it would have still came out, so to be honest about Ba's contract was his only move. I am not to convinced there is that much interest in Demba though, he banged in plenty last season and no club offered the £7.5m, the knee issue should not matter as he has proven his fitness here, not sure what it is that seems to be putting clubs off.

Probably (if whats been said is true) the fee paid for him would put his insurance at a high cost, along with wage demands and agent fees.

Looks to be fairly pricey unless you get him for a free like we did.

Aye fair enough if he's asked direct: 'does the clause continue to the next window?'

There must be some other ridiculous fees involved for people not to cough up the 7.5million.  Just doesn't seem to make sense.

Would seem so, his wage demands will be big but at that kind of fee for a 15-20 goal per season proven EPL striker I just do not understand why there has been no takers.

I guess once you add in crazy agent fees, high wages and probably increased insurance costs etc you're looking at a near-£15m deal or something like that.

It might turn out that getting the clause set at as much as £7.5m was actually good negotiation by NUFC. Nobody knows obviously, but it's possible. Could be Ba wanted it at £5m or below.

I still struggle to think what English club might be interested in Ba that wouldn't be a sideways move at best, which is probably the reason why he didn't leave; he's holding out for bigger guns that just won't come. What's the point in moving to, say, QPR?

Now, he's probably soured a bit on NUFC/Pardew after how the season is going and might accept going to a lesser team with a bigger paycheck, but he won't be moving upwards.

And if I were him I would rather stay the full season in the team where I'm very likely to get 20+ league goals and try to get a better move in the summer.

Chelsea could pay for him, but they're seemingly going for Falcao.

Manchester United don't need him.

Manchester City aim higher and are set as far as forwards go unless they offload Balotelli.

Tottenham are way too financially strict and concious to go near his current demands.

Liverpool are too racist to sign him AND Sturridge in the same window.

Arsenal could be the only way out, if that doesn't materialise, he'll have to look abroad.

I guess once you add in crazy agent fees, high wages and probably increased insurance costs etc you're looking at a near-£15m deal or something like that.

It might turn out that getting the clause set at as much as £7.5m was actually good negotiation by NUFC. Nobody knows obviously, but it's possible. Could be Ba wanted it at £5m or below.

think this is most likely sticking point given his agents seem like absolute twats, how ironic if they're the very reason he doesn't get his 'big' move....shame.

Pards did say this was the last window for the clause to be activated after that we can name the fee but if there are no takers now then I am sure there won't be any at all.

That changes it then, it's now or never for him.

Aye, would make a bit more sense of his recent comments as well.

He just doesn't look like a Wenger signing to me. He always goes for either players based abroad (Chamakh, Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud, Bendtner, Cazorla) or young hot prospects (Walcott, Chamberlain).

Wenger has always had - to me - this vanity approach to signings where he can lay credit to having "discovered" a player instead of buying established PL players that everybody knows.

Guest Roger Kint

Villa is unhappy at Barca, so that might be a goer. Has the kind of game Wenger likes.

He would be a great Arsenal player imo, perfect for them rather than Ba/Huntelaar.

I still struggle to think what English club might be interested in Ba that wouldn't be a sideways move at best, which is probably the reason why he didn't leave; he's holding out for bigger guns that just won't come. What's the point in moving to, say, QPR?

Now, he's probably soured a bit on NUFC/Pardew after how the season is going and might accept going to a lesser team with a bigger paycheck, but he won't be moving upwards.

And if I were him I would rather stay the full season in the team where I'm very likely to get 20+ league goals and try to get a better move in the summer.

QPR, L'pool & Arsenal seem to be the most likely destinations. All desperate for strikers.

He just doesn't look like a Wenger signing to me. He always goes for either players based abroad (Chamakh, Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud, Bendtner, Cazorla) or young hot prospects (Walcott, Chamberlain).

Wenger has always had - to me - this vanity approach to signings where he can lay credit to having "discovered" a player instead of buying established PL players that everybody knows.

I agree but Wenger imo is desperate. He brought in Arteta last season because he needed someone. Demba's Frenchness and PL experience is a huge advantage. Much like the Arteta deal he needs someone to come in and excel straight away.

Looks like he has a choice between Huntelaar & Ba, both are established players in their late twenties. Neither are special in general technical build-up play but both are great finishers. Out of both of them, I reckon he'd plunge for Ba.

Not sure if Arsenal are that desperate, especially if they get Walcott to sign. They just signed Podolski and Giroud, it would be very un-Arsenal to buy another striker for proper money any time soon.

They're not scoring against decent teams the way they should. I'd be shocked if they didn't try to strengthen in the summer. Going for the rest of the season with Walcott as their best striker is ill-advised.