Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not too fussed about us not getting Remy to be quite honest (Know it'll sound like sour grapes now) but I've always preferred Aubameyang to him. Only thing that does annoy me is that he's going to QPR, when he said a few days ago they weren't an option. I'd much rather have players who wanted to play for us.

Gutted about them getting M'Vila though, would be nice to see us snatch him from them tbh although I guess he'll have been offered 60k+ as well.

Mark Douglas‏@MsiDouglas

Tomorrow in Journal: QPR get #nufc target Remy, 2 new/old striker targets & what really happened when Le Delegation went to France last wk

Bet it is underwhelming.

Abuwang and Erdinc.

Numberwang?

It's reported that the aim is to finish top 8 in the league. If that is the case and the other 7 are the "bigger" clubs (Utd, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool) you'd expect to be in there i'd reckon only Jelavic would be a first choice striker on less than 70k a week. We clearly think Remy capable of being that level if willing to agree the fee but want to pay him half what others are on.

I don't know enough about Remy to say if he's worth that but to get a striker to replace Ba you're looking at someone who's going to want the going rate or finding another undervalued player that will be off in a years time when someone will pay him what others are getting.

Us and Everton would be the only ones with maybe a couple of players at most on 70K a week. The point is, nobody can pay the "going rate" if it's set by Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U. Even Liverpool have been paying silly money, although their FFP loophole deals will help them there. If 80Kpw is the true figure, then QPR are paying wages that even Spurs can't afford, and we actually have a pretty high turnover.

Thanks. I know it's frustrating but there's really not a lot those clubs which are run on normal models can do when clubs like QPR start throwing the rule book out the window. I remember being equally frustrated when Portsmouth were doing it in the season we got relegated.

Wish Pardew had some balls.

I'd be straight on the phone to DL demanding to know how a player that was about to sign for us, is now going elsewhere.

If I was DL I'd be on the phone to tell him fuck Redknapp's reputation, sign for us and we'll give Pardew the heave within two weeks.