Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seen a few people mention that there's no way we'd go back in for him in the summer if QPR go down. If it's a free transfer, I really don't see why we wouldn't. Know this may be an unpopular view but I'd take him. :dontknow:

Same brah. I think Mike would love it :lol: Don't wanna tempt fate though.

Seen a few people mention that there's no way we'd go back in for him in the summer if QPR go down. If it's a free transfer, I really don't see why we wouldn't. Know this may be an unpopular view but I'd take him. :dontknow:

On ability i would every time, but he rejected us for money and it doesn't sit well with me.

It was said on the radio a few days ago (not sure if it was Ando on Talk Sport or Pards himself?) that not getting Remy may be a blessing in disguise. It was compared to the guy who failed a medical (Miaga?) and we ended up with Cisse. So very true..... :naughty:

So what do you all think? If we had gotten Remy we obviously wouldn't have signed Gouffran, but what about the others? We may never know for sure.

Not Gouffran but yes to others...

You think Mbiwa would have still happened?

Yes... You only have to read between the lines to see that the board messed up in the summer and know it and with the TV money at risk this of all seasons is not one to get relegated which we are in danger of...

I would take him tbh.

Sign him and Douglas on a free in the summer and our squad is practically complete for £0,00p :lol:

Nicked from Twitter:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/722110427.jpg?key=290300&Expires=1359058287&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=qkvDgdnd~PgwpDemavg1pQSrM9Sym~EGvYnM1MlV4mYwNaF8CrBDKBJnX9jiQlE7QRJfotNs45CNeWEHDnXUbvGFQ5v~VWxsJiKX3VRgzfLlyDRpe9BRZ3erL7XEPHIhMPqU1XXjl52kJGN~e5x15U2tGrXQNmx6X3QFy9nnNn4_

Hi Tiotes Witch Doctor...

Have heard from a 50/50 reliable source that the Debuchy transfer will be the only incoming transfer of the window, which makes sense that it wasn't completed until the Demba money was in the bank.

And also that one more outgoing is expected. If true we're as good as down IMO, 1 in 2 out, great sense that.

:bluestar:

Can see where people are coming from regarding the money. By all accounts he'd agreed to sign for us but if QPR have offered £30k+ (?) more a week plus a free transfer if they go down, can anyone really blame him? He's a good player and if we can sign him for free I'd be all for it, regardless of what's gone down over the last few weeks.

Regardless of how Gouffran does too, we still need another striker.

Can see where people are coming from regarding the money. By all accounts he'd agreed to sign for us but if QPR have offered £30k+ (?) more a week plus a free transfer if they go down, can anyone really blame him? He's a good player and if we can sign him for free I'd be all for it, regardless of what's gone down over the last few weeks.

Regardless of how Gouffran does too, we still need another striker.

I never held it against him tbf, why the hell wouldn't he sign for QPR when they offer twice as much as we did? That doesn't mean I was gutted and that I felt that something is wrong with the game when a shit club like QPR can offer that much more than we, and I also thought that we wouldn't have anyone else lined up. The players we have signed this week (especially if Moussa comes through) has more than made up for the upset of losing out on Remy.

I'd certainly have him for nowt at the end of the season if they go down.

Don't know if their is any truth in it or not but a QPR supporter told me that Remy knocked them back twice in favour of us before finally agreeing to join them at the 3rd attempt.

Apparently the 1st time they offered him 10k per week more than we were & the 2nd time 20k.

It wasn't until they offered almost double and with a get out of jail free card that he snubbed us.

Although I'm still pissed off about it, if any of that is true, he didn't just spurn us as soon as they offered an extra couple of quid and was more than happy to get 20 grand a week less to play for us over them.

I'd also like to think they've shot themselves in the foot in signing Remy.

Their recent run of good results coincided with them playing 451, Taarabt playing as lone striker making them a lot more solid than they had been.

On Saturday they switched back to 442 to accommodate Remy and they were lucky to come away with a point because West Ham battered them.

Hi Tiotes Witch Doctor...

Have heard from a 50/50 reliable source that the Debuchy transfer will be the only incoming transfer of the window, which makes sense that it wasn't completed until the Demba money was in the bank.

And also that one more outgoing is expected. If true we're as good as down IMO, 1 in 2 out, great sense that.

:bluestar:

Moron. :lol:

So what do you all think? If we had gotten Remy we obviously wouldn't have signed Gouffran, but what about the others? We may never know for sure.

Not Gouffran but yes to others...

You think Mbiwa would have still happened?

Think we would have signed Gouffran aswell as Remy tbh. At that price we would be mad not to. Think we still have that Remy money ear marked for Aubermayeng or mabye RVW, time will tell, either next week or in the summer.

QPR getting QPR'd. The Korean international left back they agreed terms with and flew into London has been hijacked en route to his medical by Fulham. Player now claims that he never agreed to sign for them.

Karma bitches :yao:

QPR getting QPR'd. The Korean international left back they agreed terms with and flew into London has been hijacked en route to his medical by Fulham. Player now claims that he never agreed to sign for them.

Really? Do you have a source for that?

Excellent. :lol:

Wonder what remy is thinking right now.  It's a fair bet that as part of the sales pitch when joining was talk of more signings.  Since joining he's just seen player after player joining us.  Hope he's feeling like he made a piss poor decision right now.

I think he'll score a fair few goals for them, whether that's enough to keep them up I'm not sure. They've certainly looked a bit more solid at the back but they're far from out of the woods yet. Thing is they're bound to have another bad dip again where a few teams take them apart and are characters like Remy going to spill blood? hmmm

Must say, this transfer broke me. Given every ounce of shit that this season has been, we really needed it to go through heading into the Reading game, but this past week has been something else :lol:

I just wish we weren't in such deep shit that we could enjoy it from the off. Of course I'm excited about seeing them all playing, but first and foremost, we need to clean up our mess on the pitch.