Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, the writer came across as a right bellend in that article, don't think he likes us much.

a virtuoso first-half performance which made a mockery of the pressure on Toon manager Pardew

Just going to not mention the second half then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446771/Loic-Remy-refuses-commit-future-QPR-strikers-keen-scoring-Newcastle-United.html

Newcastle are understood to have negotiated into the original agreement an option for signing Remy next summer, though his future is unclear in a number of senses, especially as he is contesting allegations of rape.

‘I remember the night clearly when we thought we’d done the deal for him in January,’ Pardew said. ‘We had a nice glass of wine and we’d had a hearty handshake, then the next day he wasn’t there.

‘Sometimes in life you have to wait, though. We’re pleased to have him but at the moment he’s a QPR player. It was interesting to see Harry’s comments saying he probably won’t be going back. We’ll have to see what happens.’

Why isn't it likely that he'll be here next season? ??? Just because QPR are gonna come back up?

I have the same feeling.... don't get it personally the only thing that makes it unlikely is if he performs so ridiculously well that some team outside of England that are in CL want him. ( ala Aubameyang)

Its a lot more likely he stays here than go back to QPR even if they get promoted.

If we're not absolutely fucking terrible, I can see him wanting to stick around.

If the pessimism is born from our frugality botching things again, then fair enough I suppose.

Who knows, really.

Why isn't it likely that he'll be here next season? ??? Just because QPR are gonna come back up?

I have the same feeling.... don't get it personally the only thing that makes it unlikely is if he performs so ridiculously well that some team outside of England that are in CL want him. ( ala Aubameyang)

Its a lot more likely he stays here than go back to QPR even if they get promoted.

I imagine this will be the case. He's not far removed from being a highly sought after target. If he can stay healthy and produce...

Guest bimpy474

I don't see a problem with us waiting to see what happens with his rape case (if that's how we're approaching it). Seems a sensible route, if he's cleared then go forward with signing him.

I'm hoping the club are continuing to emphasize he's a QPR player due to the allegations he's facing.

Should he be cleared of said allegations, they had better sign him up that very day. Otherwise, heads will roll.