Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yep like many have said, lets just enjoy the boy whilst he is here.  He's not obligated to sign for us and I would be shocked if he did.

We all keep saying how much this club is ran without any ambitions.  Can we really begrudge any player who has more aspirations than playing for nufc. 

You'd be shocked if a player who almost signed for us permanently before, then signed for us on loan with an option to buy, then signed for us?

Exactly.  And you forgot he also signed for QPR somewhere in the middle of that clusterfuck.

yep like many have said, lets just enjoy the boy whilst he is here.  He's not obligated to sign for us and I would be shocked if he did.

We all keep saying how much this club is ran without any ambitions.  Can we really begrudge any player who has more aspirations than playing for nufc. 

Yeah it is a pleasure watching him play, I guess if he does knock us back its not just a sign of him being money hungry but also an indicator of how this club is ran.

He is in the starting 11 of an EPL team full of fellow Frenchmen  playing in front of 50000 at home. Just get the feeling its not enough to keep him here, sure either in January or the summer Cabaye will be gone along with maybe Benny and I think Remy knows it.

Yeah it is a pleasure watching him play, I guess if he does knock us back its not just a sign of him being money hungry but also an indicator of how this club is ran.

He is in the starting 11 of an EPL team full of fellow Frenchmen  playing in front of 50000 at home. Just get the feeling its not enough to keep him here, sure either in January or the summer Cabaye will be gone along with maybe Benny and I think Remy knows it.

Yep a few purples could very much be departing, be it january or end of season. 

Didn't stop Chelsea buying Ba tbf. Not that I think he'll go there, but it's not as if these clubs couldn't buy him as backup in the same way.

At the time Chelsea only had Torres, they needed a stop gap till the summer ( although they failed in that department)

Its completely different now..... either they go with Lukaku or they will push for a WC striker, Mourinho is desperate for it you could see it in eyes when he was talking about Rooney earlier in the summer.

Guest bimpy474

Arsenal were Cabaye's buyer and they didn't seem that serious. Unless someone else comes in for him (PSG) I don't see him leaving. In fact I only see Obertan if he gets no game time (which he shouldn't as he's utter tripe) being the only one to go.

Cabayes unlikely to go anywhere now, was always unlikely with the fee we're looking for, and theirs no indication of Ben Arfa going anywhere.  Not sure how Remy can know something thats simply guess work.

Can see the vultures circling us in January actually with clubs wanting reinforcements for their European campaigns.

They arent going to find any bargains here like, we have no need to sell anyone for less than a absolute premium.

The top clubs don't need to look for bargains and striker wise I can see Torres going and Ba so Chelsea could well be interested, Rooney may move on too. All it takes is one striker to move and the domino affect starts, Remy has looked a real talent so far this season. He carries on in that kind of form and it won't matter who the top clubs already have.

Arsenal were Cabaye's buyer and they didn't seem that serious. Unless someone else comes in for him (PSG) I don't see him leaving. In fact I only see Obertan if he gets no game time (which he shouldn't as he's utter tripe) being the only one to go.

If Cabaye is to leave it will be the summer not January.  Time is ticking for the boy in terms of us getting value in return from him.  Come the summer he will enter the last two years of his contract if im not mistaken.  That is the usually time for clubs to discuss new contracts, extension etc, which i highly doubt he will.  Then the wheels will be in motion for the club to try and ship him out as fast as possible.

Guest bimpy474

If Cabaye is to leave it will be the summer not January.  Time is ticking for the boy in terms of us getting value in return from him.  Come the summer he will enter the last two years of his contract if im not mistaken.  That is the usually time for clubs to discuss new contracts, extension etc, which i highly doubt he will.  Then the wheels will be in motion for the club to try and ship him out as fast as possible.

I agree  O0

It'll be next summer or signing a new contract. Pretty confident which one it will be as it stands now.

Didn't stop Chelsea buying Ba tbf. Not that I think he'll go there, but it's not as if these clubs couldn't buy him as backup in the same way.

At the time Chelsea only had Torres, they needed a stop gap till the summer ( although they failed in that department)

Its completely different now..... either they go with Lukaku or they will push for a WC striker, Mourinho is desperate for it you could see it in eyes when he was talking about Rooney earlier in the summer.

Agree with this, Remy's not quite the level of striker Chelsea will be looking at. If Ba's not good enough, they are unlikely to think Remy is either, even if he does well here. Maybe a club like Liverpool might be more of a threat, or even Arsenal. He seems like a Wenger type of player.

Yeah, one of the few things I agree with Owen about but he should have got his body more infront of skirtel and maybe taken a touch. Was a great run though and a fantastic pass from Cabaye.

Didn't Skrtel put his hand on his shoulder anyway? He should have just thrown himself on the floor theatrically.

Yeah, one of the few things I agree with Owen about but he should have got his body more infront of skirtel and maybe taken a touch. Was a great run though and a fantastic pass from Cabaye.

Didn't Skrtel put his hand on his shoulder anyway? He should have just thrown himself on the floor theatrically.

I thought that as well TBH.

Guest icemanblue

It's a shame that some of our breaks came so late in the game. Didn't seem to have the legs, but that's because he'd put a proper shift in. Good to see he can be unselfish when it's needed.