Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

Our defence is shocking, in fact our CB's weren't that too bad today, it was Simpson, Santon, and Tiote today.

Simpson should have his contract fucking burnt, Tiote should be offered to clubs ASAP. It's not on, performance like that. In all honesty though I think the big mistake was taking Bigi off, he wast taken off at 4-3 and he was having a good game, making challenges and winning the ball in the middle, as soon as he was taken off Arsenal had the freedom of midfield then.

Guest firetotheworks

Putting Shola on for anyone is suicide. It's a really unrealistic scoreline tbf. They've had more time off, while we played our arses off in a 4-3 loss at Old Trafford. It was a big ask to go there and get anything, and aside from the defending and Tiote (again) we were good enough until the last 15 mins. Marveaux shouldn't be on the losing side tonight. He was exceptionally good.

No doubt we'll be knackered for Everton and play badly like. :lol:

Bringing on Shola Ameobi was a fucking baffling change... we basically had no one in the middle and the lazy git (shola) didn't even bother closing down despite only having 15 minutes to play!

Krul- 3

Simpson- 1. fuck off.

Perch- 3

Colo- 3

Santon- 2

Tiote- 2

Bigi- 6

Marv- 7

Cisse- 5

Ba- 5

Obertan- 5

Don't think Cisse warranted a 5 like, at a push a 4, but the rest spot on.

Actually aye I'd probably change that to a 4. he tried hard but his defensive play was woeful which is what you get I guess with a centre forward!

Guest bimpy474

Problem is Pardew has a ready made excuse that Arsenal didn't play on boxing day and we did.......not good enough, only a fraction of that is true.

It'll have nothing to do with some of the worst defending i've seen since Titus and his swipes at the ball.

In the end, Arsenal do have better players, and it showed in the end.

Cisse had a terrible game. His close control is poor, he can't tackle, pass, beat his man or cover back. All he can do is head and shoot - so what's he doing on the wing?

In the end, Arsenal do have better players, and it showed in the end.

Cisse had a terrible game. His close control is poor, he can't tackle, pass, beat his man or cover back. All he can do is head and shoot - so what's he doing on the wing?

:pards:

Simpson's ineptitude gave them so much impetus and so many opportunities in the second-half that we were bound to concede. I just wish that he'd fuck off.