Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

"We have given away soft goals in both games and the match has got away from us. It was a heavy pitch at Old Trafford and we looked leggy after our exertions there.

"We did not have the energy to cope with them in the last 20 minutes. We put the ball at risk too often and some of the goals we gave away were not good enough for us.

"There was a clear difference between the two sides in the last part of the match. We got overrun today, but we have to defend as a team. I don't want to put all the focus on the defence and the back four.

"[ba leaving the club] will be what it will be. There is nothing we can do about that the clause is there and that is that."

Still going on about Ba. :lol:

Someone asked.

Feel desperately disappointed after that today but feel we need to persevere with the same system. The worst thing that can happen is if Pardew reverts back to long ball in a 442 and we try our luck with that for the next 10 games until he decides it's not working. We also need Cabaye and Ben Arfa back and playing in a system they should have been playing in all season instead of being the victims of off the field politics and a disgracefully negative approach.

Our safety is dependent on the fat c*** owner investing money in January when all the evidence shows that he might not bother. Hopefully he feels sufficiently worried that we're in real danger now but I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he tries to do it on the cheap yet again.

Danny Simpson was a f***ing disgrace today, every time they had space and ended up scoring it was down our right side. The way he was watching the ball from around the penalty spot as we conceded after having been exposed down his side for one of the goals was an absolute joke. Go to another club Danny, you're not good enough and there's no danger of you making up for it with your heart, commitment or integrity as a professional footballer.

Overall I was proud of us for very brief periods today, until we showed ourselves to be clueless and cowardly when attacked with not all that much verve and a tiny bit of pace. You won't pick up many points in this league if most of your goals are followed by goals conceded within 3 minutes.

Agree we did well with a depleted side, disagree that "all the evidence shows he might not bother" because I think history tells us we've a good chance of bringing in one or two decent players for reasonable money, agree that Simpson looked poor for periods. Proud for longer than brief periods, and think 9 times out of 10 that game finishes 4-3 them and we go away shrugging and feeling quite confident about playing lesser sides in the coming weeks.

There is much evidence to show he won't bother.

We've looked all over the place at the back for a month.

I notice some people are finally beginning to question Tim Krul. Was shot at when I mentioned it. But I can't even remember seeing him actually make a decent save since coming back after injury. Pardew has lost it, too. Whats going to happen when Ba leaves for a song, Remy says, understandably "Sod you lot of no hopers" and they can't get any decent defenders for what they're offering. The current mob are appalling and getting horrendously worse. Pardew HAS to take blame.

Persevere with this system ???????????????????????

Villa did after they lost 0-8 have they got better ?

They haven't scored and conceded 7 in two home games

December is effing WORSE than November

Guest neesy111

We simply can't be conceding the amount of goals we are, yes better going forward but at an equally massive expense at the back.  We all wanted better attacking options but my god our defending in the Fulham, Stoke, City, Man Utd and Arsenal games in the last month has been abysmal. It's clear to see the defence only looks good when it has protection from the team but 433 is not doing that at the moment.

I think we're dealing with a fairly 1 dimensional manager and if the alternative is that 442 anti-football hoofing the ball to Ba and Cisse then I know what my choice is. We desperately need some key players back now but we should have been playing this way all season. Defensive vulnerabilities are becoming more and more damaging now we're not getting away with it too, signings are needed.

Guest neesy111

I think we're dealing with a fairly 1 dimensional manager and if the alternative is that 442 anti-football hoofing the ball to Ba and Cisse then I know what my choice is. We desperately need some key players back now but we should have been playing this way all season. Defensive vulnerabilities are becoming more and more damaging now we're not getting away with it too, signings are needed.

That's probably the decent thing is that it's highlighted the need for defenders mainly CB and RB.  I wait with abraded breath what we'll do in January though....

We need new defenders, we look ok in attack atm, it's tiredness arsenal were better than I've seen them this season (at attacking). I'm less upset by this tbh as I was by Southampton, Swansea, Stoke etc, we bounced back from hideous defeats from Spurs and West Brom last season quite quickly

First half we were even and playing ok.

Second half up to 80mins we weren't as good but at least had the right score.

Last 10+ minutes were a humiliating calamity. I cant even remember the Boumsong era being so bad defensively, we were pathetic.

In conclusion, I dont really know how to view this game. 7-3 certainly flattered them but it all depends on whether we sign 2 defenders in January. Thats why I'm worried.

West Ham put 8 past in in the 80's

We had 3 keepers during that game, one being Waddle or Beardsley.

beardsley- Thomas? and.......?

Chris Hedworth, I can't remember why he went off though.

West Ham put 8 past in in the 80's

We had 3 keepers during that game, one being Waddle or Beardsley.

beardsley- Thomas? and.......?

Chris Hedworth, I can't remember why he went off though.

thought it was him, thomas injured, hedworth injured? or sent off? beardsley in to face a penalty?- so maybe hedworth was sent off? cant remember tbh.