Other clubs' kits (2023/24)

Toon Hoser

It's been hijacked by the right wing nationalists without a doubt. How many normal people do you know that roll about with a flag at any point bar the football, and anyone who is obsessed with displaying it is 99 times out of a hundred a complete weirdo. Rangers is definitely not a good example of non nationalistic flag displays.

I'm not putting mine up anyway because this country has gone to the dogs and the islamic sharia law have said you can't. A total disgrace, share if you agree.

Quoting this like you didn't post an IG Story with your England flag draped over your sofa less than a week ago. :lol:

I was sharing because he asked me to share mate. Time to look up some social media etiquette.

All about how it’s used.

Using the flag on a flag post during national holidays / personal events - okay.

Shaving your head and walking down the street with the flag as a superman cape - not okay.

Having minor flag related interior items - borderline okay pending on time of year / context.

Having a flag nailed onto your living room wall - not okay.

Once the not okay people are more visible than the okay people, the context of the flag changes from national pride to racist propaganda.

What utter tripe :lol:

I’d have no problem imagining you having a flag on your living room wall, so your disagreement only aids my viewpoint.

That text book straw man though. Brilliant. You're plain wrong btw. Who are you to judge when or where it's right to have the flag anyway :lol:

All about how it’s used.

Using the flag on a flag post during national holidays / personal events - okay.

Shaving your head and walking down the street with the flag as a superman cape - not okay.

Having minor flag related interior items - borderline okay pending on time of year / context.

Once the not okay people are more visible than the okay people, the context of the flag changes from national pride to racist propaganda.

I’d have no problem imagining you having a flag on your living room wall, so your disagreement only aids my viewpoint.

That text book straw man though. Brilliant. You're plain wrong btw. Who are you to judge when or where it's right to have the flag anyway :lol:

Norway has actual laws for use of the flag, fwiw. You’re not actually allowed to hang it (a proper flag meant for a pole, not a paper flag and shit) on the wall, for instance.

The more Kaiz posts about Norway's laws, the more I believe that they're are the SJW's of the international community. :lol:

Pending on the time of the year, you can’t fly it before 8/9/10am and no later than 9pm - though if the sun sets prior to that you need to take it down then.

All about how it’s used.

Norway has actual laws for use of the flag, fwiw. You’re not actually allowed to hang it (a proper flag meant for a pole, not a paper flag and shit) on the wall, for instance.

Symbolic more than anything.

on our house here in the US we have 2 flags flying atop of our garage the union jack for me and the stars and stripes for her, we get people saying it's great all the time. Flags fly outside people's houses here very regularly it's a symbol of patriotism  not some racist stance

...like the Confederacy flags scattered around every state.

Flags are far more commonly used in the US than in the UK, though. It's typical for somebody who is/was in the Forces to fly the relevant flag along with the Stars and Stripes. Occasionally I remind myself to get a Union flag to fly along with our US flag, but it clearly doesn't matter all that much to me as I've been here nearly ten years without one. We used to fly an Australian flag, but we rarely fly our England flag as it has "Aston Villa" across the middle. My wife sometimes tries to sneak it up without me noticing.

confederacy flags are not scattered around every state at all its only the south and even here in the south it's only the redneck crew. you'll never get a northerner fly the confederation flag

on our house here in the US we have 2 flags flying atop of our garage the union jack for me and the stars and stripes for her, we get people saying it's great all the time. Flags fly outside people's houses here very regularly it's a symbol of patriotism  not some racist stance

Flags are far more commonly used in the US than in the UK, though. It's typical for somebody who is/was in the Forces to fly the relevant flag along with the Stars and Stripes. Occasionally I remind myself to get a Union flag to fly along with our US flag, but it clearly doesn't matter all that much to me as I've been here nearly ten years without one. We used to fly an Australian flag, but we rarely fly our England flag as it has "Aston Villa" across the middle. My wife sometimes tries to sneak it up without me noticing.

confederacy flags are not scattered around every state at all its only the south and even here in the south it's only the redneck crew. you'll never get a northerner fly the confederation flag

He lives in Ohio, bet there are a few over there... Probably in filthy Western PA too.

He lives in Ohio, bet there are a few over there... Probably in filthy Western PA too.

Possibly but that's Yankee territory. They are prevalent here in Arkansas with the redneck white trash crew

:lol: Yup. "It's only the South" is demonstrably untrue, sadly - I saw a couple last week flying not far from where I live, no doubt raised by people who abhor NFL players who kneel during the anthem for "disrespecting the flag". Those "Don't Tread On Me" flags seem to have drifted a little bit out of fashion, mind.

I live in rural PA. Don’t see many actual flags being flown, but more of the bumper sticker/truck decal variety. I’d wager you’d see them in any rural part of the U.S.