Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But we need to focus on our own game. We need to focus on winning, and the way we’re going to play, rather than the opposition or Demba Ba.”

:pardsgrin:

Aye, we'll see!

laughed at this...... "signed from French club Toulouse last week for £1.8m"

:lol:

:yao:

:megusta:

Seems to be the popular thing atm to put a strong, technically sound midfielder in an attacking mid role. See Fellaini and Yaya.

Come to think of it, Yaya actually plays everywhere.

Reminds me of when Sevilla bought Baptista. Big black dude = defensive mid, but they deployed him behind the strikers instead and he became a goal machine.

Seems to be the popular thing atm to put a strong, technically sound midfielder in an attacking mid role. See Fellaini and Yaya.

Reminds me of when Sevilla bought Baptista. Big black dude = defensive mid, but they deployed him behind the strikers instead and he became a goal machine.

Aye. Wasn't Mikel meant to be an attacking player?

He doesn't like. Behind the striker is his best position and he's good at CM but shackled and a bit of a defensive liability.

Aye. Wasn't Mikel meant to be an attacking player?

Yes, and I can't tell you how much it pains me to see what Chelsea have turned him into.

He was fantastic no. 10 type playmaker in Norway, playing delicious through balls to the forwards a la Fabregas.

You still see a bit of it when he plays for Nigeria.

Chelsea have ruined him.

I don't understand how someone with such ability just accepts being played at DM like that. Even when Chelsea had no creativity, before the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar joined, they still shunted him back there.

It was absolutely criminal. I would have moved heaven and earth to change clubs.

Still makes me sad. Was supposed to be the next great out of Naija.

I didn't know he had any ability, I thought he just filled space and passed the ball five yards.

Aye. Looking at him now I don't know where they thoght the potential was. Big and slow. Slow, short passing. He's pretty good in a double pivot midfield because he pretty much takes up half the size of the pitch. It seems like even Lampard does more running than him.

I didn't know he had any ability, I thought he just filled space and passed the ball five yards.

John Obi Mikel FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005 on Youtube.

Just gives you a glimpse of the ability he had and what Chelsea have turned him into :anguish:

On that video site we all love watch the clip called 'John Obi Mikel FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005'.

Horrendous video quality, but you see glimpses of what he was.

As well as strreams of comments from enraged Nigerians lamenting the position he's being played in  :lol:

John Obi Mikel FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005 on Youtube.

Just gives you a glimpse of the ability he had and what Chelsea have turned him into :anguish:

Great minds ...  O0

For the record I partly blame him for going to Chelsea rather than Man U, as I don't think he would have been played in this horrible role to the same extent anyway, as Ferguson isn't hung up on DMs.

However, someone has just mentioned Anderson, who it can be argued Ferguson has ruined to the same degree  :lol:

The FIFA World Youth Championship probably isn't the best competition to judge a player in like. Chelsea have turned him into a decent squad player for a Champions League winning side.

I agree but none the less he doesn't even look physically and technically capable of doing some of the things he did at that tournament.

The FIFA World Youth Championship probably isn't the best competition to judge a player in like. Chelsea have turned him into a decent squad player for a Champions League winning side.

I agree but none the less he doesn't even look physically and technically capable of doing some of the things he did at that tournament.

Well aye because he's built like a brick shit house :lol:

He was ~17 then playing against others of the same age, a lot of his development into the player he is today was probably down to his growth.

I know what you're saying, but it wasn't just about this tournament believe me. It was how he played all the time. This is the player he was.

There's nothing that would have prevented him from playing this way anywhere else.

It's not as though he was only able to do these things because of some physical advantage he had.

His game was based on fantastic vision, passing and technique.