Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to look at 4-3-1-2 imo

Cabaye Anita Sissoko

Marv

Cisse Gouffran

with Sissoko and Marv interchanging (swap in Ben Arfa for Marv when he's back)

Just have 4-3-3 with Gouffran and Marv roaming and it will end up like that at times anyway, bit of movement goes a long way.

Formation was spot on today and should stay the same. Just need to get Anita and Ben Arfa (Marveaux until he returns) in for Perch and Jonas.

Need to look at 4-3-1-2 imo

Cabaye Anita Sissoko

Marv

Cisse Gouffran

with Sissoko and Marv interchanging (swap in Ben Arfa for Marv when he's back)

Just have 4-3-3 with Gouffran and Marv roaming and it will end up like that at times anyway, bit of movement goes a long way.

Formation was spot on today and should stay the same. Just need to get Anita and Ben Arfa (Marveaux until he returns) in for Perch and Jonas.

Agreed.

People criticise Pardew for starting Perch today, but I think it is the right way to approach the midfield. The guy, Sissoko reminds me of Essien, who was really only slightly above average when made to sit and break up attacks. Essien was at his best with the likes of Makelele and Mikel Obi sitting behind and doing the dirty work so he can go on marauding runs. Yaya Toure plays better when Barry or whichever DM (City actually are lacking in quality at the position) sits and Yaya can play his natural game, which is to run and run.

For me the midfield should be two of Anita, Cabaye, Sissoko and one of Perch and Tiote going forward. It is the most balanced way of play.

Guest bimpy474

People criticise Pardew for starting Perch today, but I think it is the right way to approach the midfield. The guy, Sissoko reminds me of Essien, who was really only slightly above average when made to sit and break up attacks. Essien was at his best with the likes of Makelele and Mikel Obi sitting behind and doing the dirty work so he can go on marauding runs. Yaya Toure plays better when Barry or whichever DM (City actually are lacking in quality at the position) sits and Yaya can play his natural game, which is to run and run.

For me the midfield should be two of Anita, Cabaye, Sissoko and one of Perch and Tiote going forward. It is the most balanced way of play.

Starting Perch had nothing to with Sissoko and the reason to criticise Pardew, it was because Pardew sees Perch as a better option than Anita ?

What tackles maybe, i mean Leon Brittian was Swansea best player the other night, 5ft 5in, doesn't tackle that much but keeps the ball and gives it simple. That's how i saw Anita playing, the same as Brittian.

I think Perch's defensive protection is much greater than Anita's. In my opinion, he is a much better option in a defensive role, yes. To me Anita looks most comfortable carrying the ball forward. When Tiote returns (after Nigeria beat them in the match) the talent coefficient will be better obviously. Still, I think it is a question of roles rather just talent (Vurnon is clearly the superior player in a vacuum).

I think Perch's defensive protection is much greater than Anita's. In my opinion, he is a much better option in a defensive role, yes. To me Anita looks most comfortable carrying the ball forward. When Tiote returns (after Nigeria beat them in the match) the talent coefficient will be better obviously. Still, I think it is a question of roles rather just talent (Vurnon is clearly the superior player in a vacuum).

:memelol:

Sissoko had a decent debut...brilliant pass for the Cisse goal.

Looks mobile and strong but faded in second half - will be a big asset once he gets some proper direction....don't know when that will be though..!

I thought he did fairly well tonight, but not a great deal to shout about, aside from the assist...

I've only just seen the goal again now; really was a terrific through ball from him. He was under pressure from a couple of players and the ball didn't exactly fall perfectly; he had to manoeuvre his body to shape the pass - which was inch perfect with defenders ahead of him. There's only Cabaye, and possibly Hatem, who can play passes like that in our squad. Great vision, great balance, great execution.

Lovely stuff. Not my words, Michael, the words of Shakin' Stevens.

In my mental image of myself, I had a 7 incher and rippling muscles and a significantly darker complexion. Still can't rap if my life depended on it though.

So you weren't imitating him then, he will have a 14 inch python at least I reckon -look at him man :)

I tried to imitate him and smashed a few goals in but my back is fucking killing me today, the perils of being over 30

Really? don't see what Perch offers that Anita doesn't tbh. In form Tiote i'll give you but Perch? no way.

Anita is a defensive midfielder, always has been always will be because we have a moron in charge who doesn't know how to use him as a DM doesn't mean he's attacking at all.

He's no more attacking than Leon Britton, i really hope we don't ruin him due to how inept Pardew is.