Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't understand how someone with such ability just accepts being played at DM like that. Even when Chelsea had no creativity, before the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar joined, they still shunted him back there.

It was absolutely criminal. I would have moved heaven and earth to change clubs.

Still makes me sad. Was supposed to be the next great out of Naija.

Chelsea have destroyed Obi.

The FIFA World Youth Championship probably isn't the best competition to judge a player in like. Chelsea have turned him into a decent squad player for a Champions League winning side.

I know what you're saying, but it wasn't just about this tournament believe me. It was how he played all the time. This is the player he was.

There's nothing that would have prevented him from playing this way anywhere else.

It's not as though he was only able to do these things because of some physical advantage he had.

His game was based on fantastic vision, passing and technique.

At a lesser level though, I'm not saying that he wouldn't be a good attacking midfielder had he went somewhere else mind, I'm just not sure that he would have been a better player if he did.

It's like fast black players end up on the wing instead of as the main striker in a lot of situations. There is a kind of bias at work. Look at Walcott scoring record since he started coming into the middle more...He had to threaten to leave before Wenger allowed him to come in from being a one dimensional winger. I belive there are a lot of situations that athletic black players with good engines end up being asked to lock down the midfield rather than being the creative one, that's why it was very refreshing seeing Sissoko given license to play his nautral game.

It's like fast black players end up on the wing instead of as the main striker in a lot of situations. There is a kind of bias at work. Look at Walcott scoring record since he started coming into the middle more...He had to threaten to leave before Wenger allowed him to come in from being a one dimensional winger. I belive there are a lot of situations that athletic black players with good engines end up being asked to lock down the midfield rather than being the creative one, that's why it was very refreshing seeing Sissoko given license to play his nautral game.

Wenger makes all of his young players do shifts either out wide, or deeper in midfield when they're still developing. Not until they're approaching their peaks do they get given the crucial #9 or #10 positions. Fabregas is an exception I think, as he was so advanced as a 16 year old.

The FIFA World Youth Championship probably isn't the best competition to judge a player in like. Chelsea have turned him into a decent squad player for a Champions League winning side.

I know what you're saying, but it wasn't just about this tournament believe me. It was how he played all the time. This is the player he was.

There's nothing that would have prevented him from playing this way anywhere else.

It's not as though he was only able to do these things because of some physical advantage he had.

At a lesser level though, I'm not saying that he wouldn't be a good attacking midfielder had he went somewhere else mind, I'm just not sure that he would have been a better player if he did.

Well we'll never know I guess, and that in itself is a tragedy.

I personally think he would have been a much better player, because I don't think he's all that good now.

What they have him doing, a 100 other tall African men could do.

Well we'll never know I guess, and that in itself is a tragedy.

I personally think he would have been a much better player, because I don't think he's all that good now.

What they have him doing, a 100 other tall African men could do.

Totally agree. Big strong african. [/playdm]. :lol:

Wenger makes all of his young players do shifts either out wide, or deeper in midfield when they're still developing. Not until they're approaching their peaks do they get given the crucial #9 or #10 positions. Fabregas is an exception I think, as he was so advanced as a 16 year old.

Walcott should be playing as a striker imo.

I didn't know he had any ability, I thought he just filled space and passed the ball five yards.

John Obi Mikel FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005 on Youtube.

Just gives you a glimpse of the ability he had and what Chelsea have turned him into :anguish:

Nah. Nigerians love to complain, it is our number 2 export. What do people want from the guy? He 's very strong, disciplined, extremely composed and a good passer of the football which is perfect for the role he plays. Just because he was able to make Riquelme moves against people half his size doesn't make him Messi. People forget that even after that tournament he was still a child and grew about 3-4 inches and at least 15 kgs by the time he was a PL regular. I think he is very underrated because of expectation.

Having pace is a blessing and a curse in football. It allows immediate success, but often stunts the growth of the rest of your footballing skill. How many extremely quick players have actually developed into a full package? How many of them have fallen into irrelevance after losing a step of pace? Where is David Odonkor? WHERE?

Walcott should be playing as a striker imo.

He should now because they have no options. Not in the past though, he's too limited and they had better forwards. Wenger's been trying to improve his allround game by playing wide, unfortunately footballers are clearly too thick to realise the benefits, instead selfishly wanting to play 'thru da middle'.

Walcott has always made fantastic runs and finished brilliantly.

Can't imagine what he would have done with Fabregas, who was the master of playing those through balls, playing just behind him.

Always preferred him upfront. Looks more natural.

Bit clumsy out wide when the ball is played to his feet.

Segun don't be so negative!

Obi Mikel unlike most other young Nigerian players, actually had the technique and mind to match his physical gifts.

These thing were never really fully appreciated and nurtured though.

Instead they just flung him in front of the back for, and relied on his athleticism.

I didn't know he had any ability, I thought he just filled space and passed the ball five yards.

John Obi Mikel FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005 on Youtube.

Just gives you a glimpse of the ability he had and what Chelsea have turned him into :anguish:

Nah. Nigerians love to complain, it is our number 2 export. What do people want from the guy? He 's very strong, disciplined, extremely composed and a good passer of the football which is perfect for the role he plays. Just because he was able to make Riquelme moves against people half his size doesn't make him Messi. People forget that even after that tournament he was still a child and grew about 3-4 inches and at least 15 kgs by the time he was a PL regular. I think he is very underrated because of expectation.

Having pace is a blessing and a curse in football. It allows immediate success, but often stunts the growth of the rest of your footballing skill. How many extremely quick players have actually developed into a full package? How many of them have fallen into irrelevance after losing a step of pace? Where is David Odonkor? WHERE?

Nah i agree just i think his potential was best served in the position he was playing as a kid.

Does he fast? :hmm:

Seems fairly quick from what we've seen of him, yes, and with a good eye for a pass. I think Pardew was exaggerating just a tad when he credited him with the victory, but his contribution was certainly plentiful. He showed great strength at times which you'd expect from someone of his stature but also looked very composed on the ball which can be a rarity. Looking forward to seeing more of him so we can judge him further.