Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Besides Newcastle have been in my life longer than them.

:lol: 

And probably more annoying tbh

the man makes a good point

Certainly does :lol:

Now go kiss your kids

I just have, putting them to bed. I'm such a good father :lol:

Besides Newcastle have been in my life longer than them.

And probably more annoying tbh

the man makes a good point

Certainly does :lol:

Now go kiss your kids

I just have, putting them to bed. I'm such a good father :lol:

Kids: 'Night night Daddy, we love you'

Yous: 'Errr, Yep'

;)

had to be in but :smug: anyway

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12193/8470731/PL-Team-of-the-Week

Moussa Sissoko - Newcastle

Making the Premier League team of the week for a second successive week, the Magpies new boy has certainly hit the ground running on Tyneside. A dominant presence alongside the more subtle charms of Yohan Cabaye, Sissoko showed his hard-running prowess to embarrass Ashley Cole on the flank and, more importantly, popped up with two vital goals including a late winner to grab all three points for Newcastle in their 3-2 win over Chelsea.

had to be in but :smug: anyway

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12193/8470731/PL-Team-of-the-Week

Moussa Sissoko - Newcastle

Making the Premier League team of the week for a second successive week, the Magpies new boy has certainly hit the ground running on Tyneside. A dominant presence alongside the more subtle charms of Yohan Cabaye, Sissoko showed his hard-running prowess to embarrass Ashley Cole on the flank and, more importantly, popped up with two vital goals including a late winner to grab all three points for Newcastle in their 3-2 win over Chelsea.

Surely Santon>>>>>>Monreal

Racial stereotyping played a part in Moussa Sissoko being burdened with comparisons to Michael Essien and Patrick Vieira.

Moussa doesn't like tackling, he hates contesting headers, and doesn't want to track back—he has yet to make a tackle in the Premier League and has lost out in 16/21 aerial duels.

Whenever he was given defensive responsibilities at Toulouse, he either failed or disregarded it—so, it always seemed bizarre to call him box-to-box.

Scouts came to watch Sissoko, only to come away remembering Etienne Capoue, who's the midfield general people wrongly assumed Moussa would become.

When Alan Pardew says (via BBC Sport): "I remember watching him for Toulouse 14 months ago and I thought he is definitely the one for us, if we can get him," you have to applaud the manager.

Alan didn't see Sissoko as a centre midfielder, and certainly not a pivot, but as an athletic deep-lying forward—which is becoming a trend: Alexander Meier, Fredy Guarín, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Marouane Fellaini come to mind.

Or, perhaps it was Graham Carr, who suggested changing Moussa's position. 

You don't expect Dimitar Berbatov to be an elite ball-winner, so don't judge Sissoko on his defending, because he has always been an attacking player pigeonholed in midfield.

Now that he is playing this free-roaming role under Pardew, Moussa has the potential to be an elite player.

In Ligue 1 this season, Moussa attempted 19 shots in 19 games and only netted one goal.

He has already shot eight times and scored twice for Le Toon.

Only £1.8 million? Toulouse need to take some lessons from Lyon in how to inflate transfer fees.

I liked this, i disagree with some of it because i like his work rate but all in all a decent read. :thup:

I have to admit I still see him as a midfielder purely because he was touted as one.

It doesn't yet feel like we have signed two forwards but if he keeps up these performances I can definitely see him being the third forward at the club with Gouffran and Cisse.

Probably asking too much tbh.

this won't go down well but personally thought for a certain periods on saturday he wasn't played right myself...seemed, tactically, to be being played in a way that paid lip service to yaya toure or something but it didn't entirely suit him hence all the missed headers and challenges with his back to goal

turned out already, obviously, but nearly didn't

felt he could have been deeper and more involved in general play rather than operating as a secondary striker...i don't see him like that myself

he's class like, love him to bits already, along with cabs my favourite player without doubt

EDIT: actually the  yaya toure reference isn't right, if he'd been played like that it'd have been fine...it's more that he was played as a striker, which he clearly isn;t

I don't see him as a straight CF or even capable of doing so we still need another striker as far as i'm concerned but i'm confident of Sissoko of reprising the Rooney role for us which is something we have lacked for god knows how long.

He could still be used as a CM if we need him there but i think its quite obvious our plan is to play him off Cisse as much as humanly possible and if he continues like this then  :drool:

this won't go down well but personally thought for a certain periods on saturday he wasn't played right myself...seemed, tactically, to be being played in a way that paid lip service to yaya toure or something but it didn't entirely suit him hence all the missed headers and challenges with his back to goal

turned out already, obviously, but nearly didn't

felt he could have been deeper and more involved in general play rather than operating as a secondary striker...i don't see him like that myself

he's class like, love him to bits already, along with cabs my favourite player without doubt

We already have Cabaye operating from deep though surely?

What we've missed all season is somebody who can link the midfield to the attack. It's one of the reasons why we were so shite in a 4-4-2, neither Ba or Cisse are any use in terms of dropping off the front and linking the play, this lad seems like he can do that.

We played some of our best stuff all season against Chelsea, and IMO a lot of it was down to having this lad in the position he was in. Dropping him deeper would just leave Cisse isolated and feeding on long balls again.

I reckon he'd be well able to play a bit deeper if we needed him to, if Cabaye and Anita were both injured for example I could see us dropping Sissoko in deeper and playing Marveaux in the number ten role. But through two games for us in that spot he's looked absolutely immense, was arguably our best player against Villa and was an absolute colossus against Chelsea.

Seems a bit daft to suggest he's not suited to the role. :lol:

I agree with what Mojo is saying in a sense because when we are under the cosh at times we would need him to drop a little bit deeper.

That will all come with getting used to the role and pace of the league, that aside i don't see what more he could do.

But i don't think he's incapable of dropping deeper just we have never really needed him to drop really deep so far, if there ever comes a time where we need to drop him in alongside Cabaye and Tiote/Perch/Anita then i'm sure we will do that.

Despite what that piece says earlier he has played DM and CM a lot so he would have no problem doing so in a middle of a game, even if this new role is getting the very best from him.

I'll admit, that above article tells a completely different story than what I had previously assumed about Sissoko. Though I'm not convinced racial stereotyping played any part in his comparisons to Essien and Vieira...that accusation is a bit ludicrous. Seems more like everyone sees something different in Sissoko. I assumed he'd be a box-to-box guy for us, but I haven't seen the kind of defensive play I was expecting (which is not to suggest he's poor defensively...on the contrary in fact). I certainly did not expect him to be such a force on the attack. Guy's got some absolute wheels on him.

Not at all disappointed that he's not turning out to be the kind of player I had envisioned, because I'm even more excited from what I've seen so far. It'll be very interesting to see how a midfield troika of Sissoko-Cabaye-Tiote performs...could potentially be quite devastating.