Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah but i never said anything about a sitting midfielder not being viable..... i said a straight destroyer who has shit bricks for a brain is not viable.

A midfielder who is intelligent that breaks things up, can pass and get forward when necessary is very viable.

Tiote is none of these things and he's not athletic, he just isn't good enough.

Also its funny you mention Juve and Bayern because neither have what you describe..... Juve don't have a sitter.... the deepest midfielder is Pirlo and is he defending the backline? :lol: as for Bayern they have two box to box midfielders neither are what you describe, they are just well rounded central midfielders.

And no Sissoko isn't an attacker, who are you Pardew?

Spot on. :thup:

This Moussa slagging is madness to me. The man was ran into the ground by his manager playing 1/2 a season out of position with new teammates, in a new league, and in a side that could barely buy a win.

He mauled Chelsea nearly single handedly and was absolutely crucial in 6 points that were enough to save our season, even if it was the first 2 matches he played in our shirt.

This Moussa slagging is madness to me. The man was ran into the ground by his manager playing 1/2 a season out of position with new teammates, in a new league, and in a side that could barely buy a win.

He mauled Chelsea nearly single handedly and was absolutely crucial in 6 points that were enough to save our season, even if it was the first 2 matches he played in our shirt.

Feel exactly the same, him and Yanga-Mbiwa are a couple of the most exciting signings we've had for absolutely ages.

Feel exactly the same, him and Yanga-Mbiwa are a couple of the most exciting signings we've had for absolutely ages.

Great couple of players we picked up. Hopefully they'll be given a chance to play here for a good long while, rather than be sold on at max value.

Moussa and Mapou are incredibly talented, gifted, could develop into first 11 players for France. Their reputations speak for themselves.  It was a massive coup that we were able to land these two. I watched both play many, many times and it doesn't take a genius to see their potential.

Anyone recall after Moussa signed and saying he'd basically carry the team on his shoulders to save us (not exact words, but the gist of it)? This is the type of attitude and player you want in our side. Yes he was losing the ball far too often as the season went on, but those are things a maturing player and one that is being coached (hopefully better) to fix that.

It's not slagging from my end. I think he (and Mbiwa for that matter) will become a brilliant player for us as long as he is utilised correctly. It's just that some people seem to percieve him to be something he isn't due to his size. Nobody can deny that he is poor in the air, pulls out of challenges and rarely does any defensive work to make note of. He just isn't that sort of player. His qualities far outweigh his weaknesses though.

Yeah but i never said anything about a sitting midfielder not being viable..... i said a straight destroyer who has s*** bricks for a brain is not viable.

A midfielder who is intelligent that breaks things up, can pass and get forward when necessary is very viable.

Tiote is none of these things and he's not athletic, he just isn't good enough.

Also its funny you mention Juve and Bayern because neither have what you describe..... Juve don't have a sitter.... the deepest midfielder is Pirlo and is he defending the backline? :lol: as for Bayern they have two box to box midfielders neither are what you describe, they are just well rounded central midfielders.

And no Sissoko isn't an attacker, who are you Pardew?

I pointed out your fallacies in another thread regarding this.

Juve have Pirlo then Vidal and Marchisio in midfield. They are immense defensively, strong in the tackle. They do get forward but in essence they are battlers. Moussa Sissoko is not, and has never been a battler.

Javi Martinez is not a box-to-box player stop it. He's a fabulous player with many attributes but for Bayern, he's a more combative and ambitious Busquets.

Sissoko - i'm not sure about him tbh. He was great for 2-3 games but very poor since other than Benfica away. He's not a link man. The most worrying thing is how often his passing is bad. IIRC it's the lowest in completion of any player in our side.

Guest Lalasialex

But comparing out style and type of roles with Bayern and Juve is like compering Messi and Gareth Barry!

Juve and Bayern (Barca for that matter) have the ball most of the time, can afford to push the whole team up on the pitch, means that it is less crowdy in front of the back four... They need a DM who can position and keep things simple!

We aren't there, we lay low and need more players who can win the ball in midtfield in front of the defence and win the battle before we can play our game...

It's about how quick we can adapt from defence to attack and vise verca...

Tiote can actually do a good job, he has done it before - but then the team as a unit! That's were we need to get, nomatter who plays! They are all bad at their worst - but can be good at their best, Tiote is a demolitionman - that's all he is - but when used right - he does that well...

Guest Lalasialex

Even if it's Newcastle the world isn't black and white Ronaldo... He CAN do a good job, doesn't mean it will happen for sure...

But find it strange you didn't think he was important to the success last season (2011/2012).

But do NOT think Pardew is the man to make the best out if him again, so if that's what you are refering to I do agree...

Black and white, the team, not the world

Sissoko - i'm not sure about him tbh. He was great for 2-3 games but very poor since other than Benfica away. He's not a link man. The most worrying thing is how often his passing is bad. IIRC it's the lowest in completion of any player in our side.

This has far more to do with our tactical shortcomings than it has to do with Sissoko's passing skills, I believe.

Guest Phil K

It happens often here. The "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Shearer in the past, Cisse last season, now him ? Ridiculous

Guest VanBarduck

Him playing a similar role to that he was celebrated for in France will do a world of wonder to his form for us.

That doesn't mean anything nowadays.

Him playing a similar role to that he was celebrated for in France will do a world of wonder to his form for us.

Of course it does. :lol: Ligue 1 is still a top league and certainly was when he was playing there.

Sissoko was highly-regarded by many top clubs and if we hadn't picked him up, somebody else would have.

Of course it does. :lol:

Sissoko was highly-regarded by many top clubs and if we hadn't picked him up, somebody else would have.

:thup:

Guest VanBarduck

Of course it does. :lol:

:thup:

No, what I meant was "put in some good performance with France NT doesn't mean anything nowadays" ,  a player like Jonas could be our number 10 easily, and that is just slightly exaggerated , that tells you how poor our squad is ;D

It happens often here. The "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Shearer in the past, Cisse last season, now him ? Ridiculous

So many fickle people, everywhere though not just here.

In other words he can't do a good job.

What happened his first season or so then?, just a collective delusion?  Clearly he can do a good job, but that's dependent on the job you ask him to do.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Moussa Sissoko ‏@MSissoko7 3m

Aubameyang tweets filled up with join #nufc please join nufc come to newcastle pierre, never gonna happen