Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So weird. I just don't see that when I read it :lol:

For me he sounds like a pretty self confident guy and gives a fair assessment of his Euro performance. Saying he has certain qualities which allow him to compete against the best and that he played as well as he can in the Euro final. Wouldn't argue against either of these. I think he has qualities that in specific teams or situation make him a very valuable player even at the top of the game.

It was the " I'm playing for a s**** club and I'm still great" bit that got me.

Yeah that.....or maybe he's answering accurately to a question about his stature in France where all/most national team players are playing for top clubs.

“I understand why people might doubt me."

I didn't care about that bit.  We are s*** and have been s*** for quite some time.  The management and recruiting policy has meant we get players like this. 

It's more the 'I'm so great, I'm a CL player, I'm 10 out of 10 world class' type s**** he is coming out with. 

s*** he's coming out with in this case meaning s*** he hasn't come out with.

But please do go on, didn't mean to poo on artistic interpretation of the lynching party.

In case you didn't realsie, they weren't direct quotes you unfriendly ghost

:lol:

So weird. I just don't see that when I read it :lol:

For me he sounds like a pretty self confident guy and gives a fair assessment of his Euro performance. Saying he has certain qualities which allow him to compete against the best and that he played as well as he can in the Euro final. Wouldn't argue against either of these. I think he has qualities that in specific teams or situation make him a very valuable player even at the top of the game.

It was the " I'm playing for a s**** club and I'm still great" bit that got me.

Yeah that.....or maybe he's answering accurately to a question about his stature in France where all/most national team players are playing for top clubs.

“I understand why people might doubt me."

I didn't care about that bit.  We are s*** and have been s*** for quite some time.  The management and recruiting policy has meant we get players like this. 

It's more the 'I'm so great, I'm a CL player, I'm 10 out of 10 world class' type s**** he is coming out with. 

s*** he's coming out with in this case meaning s*** he hasn't come out with.

But please do go on, didn't mean to poo on artistic interpretation of the lynching party.

In case you didn't realsie, they weren't direct quotes you unfriendly ghost

:lol:

One of the worst things anyone has ever called me.

Yeah, I've had it pretty easy.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno why he winds people up so much like. :lol:

That interview read like something Zlatan comes out with :lol:  At least Zlatan is usually amusing with it, though and he's almost doing it as a joke now.  Oh and at least he's actually a top level footballer, who has scored goals and performed at some of the biggest clubs in the world.

I can't say I was overly arsed with all of Sissoko's histrionics.  But that latest interview is horrendous.

It really didn't like. :lol: He gave himself a 10/10 for France during the tournament because he put in the maximum amount of effort, as he put it. I don't think anyone would argue that he was France's best player in the final and one of their better players in the last few matches. The rest just looks like stuff that's a bit lost in translation and/or stuff that's easy to pick on when you already don't like him. I don't think he's mint or owt at all, but Zlatan, Bendtner and Pardew levels of self delusion? Nee way.

Bentdner actually said that he was already the best striker in the world in 2013

Zlatan has already claimed that he's a living legend and wants to become a God

Pardew reckoned that he would have stopped us from conceding if he'd been allowed on the touchline. :lol:

Sissoko's obviously canny delusional like, but they're on another level to giving yourself 10/10 after being easily the team's best player in the final of the European Championships.

During the competition, he gave himself a 10 out of 10.  The highest mark possible.  All whilst not actually contributing a great deal, other than running around at high speed and getting the odd shot off.  No goals, no assists. 

You're right, he's not reached Bendtner, Zlatan or Pardew levels and I doubt he ever will.  But he always seems to be talking himself up and mentioning all these massive clubs, whenever he is interviewed.  He seems like a deluded fucker. 

Guest firetotheworks

He should be getting a 10/10 for effort in every game, not just the ones he picks and chooses.

Fancy being a professional footballer and saying 'I did well because I tried lots'. He contributed fuck all to France in the Euro's other than running around a lot. 0 goals, 0 assists.

Come on man, that's a really daft thing to say like. Attacking contribution doesn't begin and end with assists and goals, it's not Fantasy Football. To pick an extreme example just to make a point, Xavi's assist rate wasn't actually that high for Barca for a long time, but you'd be daft to measure his attacking play on those things alone

I'd imagine Deschamps thought he contributed something, irrespective of the lazy "no assists/goals" rhetoric, otherwise he wouldn't have been playing for them.

Has an ego, is a footballer so no surprise, could be a decent squad player for a Champions League team, would sell for 20 mil. Easy. The vitriol is amusing.

I really wonder what kind of views people have about football when they draw these conclusions that 0+0 in stats = contributed fuck all.

Is this like an English thing? No wonder you can't produce even one top quality manager.

:whistle:

(tongue partially in cheek)

He should be getting a 10/10 for effort in every game, not just the ones he picks and chooses.

Fancy being a professional footballer and saying 'I did well because I tried lots'. He contributed fuck all to France in the Euro's other than running around a lot. 0 goals, 0 assists.

Come on man, that's a really daft thing to say like. Attacking contribution doesn't begin and end with assists and goals, it's not Fantasy Football. To pick an extreme example just to make a point, Xavi's assist rate wasn't actually that high for Barca for a long time, but you'd be daft to measure his attacking play on those things alone

:thup: Just because certain players are on the end of moves and get goals and assists doesn't mean they're better than the guys who start the moves. Some of the best players in the World have average goal and assist tallies

I get why people think he's a dick but to lose your shit about it is mystifying. Townsend leaves. What a cunt. Winjaldum loses motivation and wants away. What an arsehole. Moussa says this and he's the devil incarnate. Cabaye did far worse and doesn't get half the shit I n the basis he got a few more goals and assists.

Whilst I don't disagree this is unprofessional, this club has been a breeding ground for incompetence, greed and apathy. Do your blood pressure a favour and don't be surprised when these things happen.

Bordering on Pardew levels of delusion.

Possibly, but I thought the most delusional bit I took from that was the suggestion that you guys rate him at 35M :lol:.

we dont rate him at £35m, that's what we want for him.

During the competition, he gave himself a 10 out of 10.  The highest mark possible.  All whilst not actually contributing a great deal, other than running around at high speed and getting the odd shot off.  No goals, no assists. 

You're right, he's not reached Bendtner, Zlatan or Pardew levels and I doubt he ever will.  But he always seems to be talking himself up and mentioning all these massive clubs, whenever he is interviewed.  He seems like a deluded fucker. 

Don't include Zlatan on a list with those charlatans. Zlatan can actually back the shit he says up. Major difference.

I get why people think he's a dick but to lose your shit about it is mystifying. Townsend leaves. What a cunt. Winjaldum loses motivation and wants away. What an arsehole. Moussa says this and he's the devil incarnate. Cabaye did far worse and doesn't get half the shit I n the basis he got a few more goals and assists.

Whilst I don't disagree this is unprofessional, this club has been a breeding ground for incompetence, greed and apathy. Do your blood pressure a favour and don't be surprised when these things happen.

I exaggerate a bit but I just find him a complete arsehole and he typifies the pre-Benitez Newcastle. Just a joke of a club where no player of any worth is proud to wear the shirt. If this was the first time he'd come out and said he wanted to leave (post-relegation) it'd be fine, but he's been saying it for over a year, even when the club was fighting to stay in the league he's sending his agent out to tell anyone who will listen how mint he is and how much he wants to play for a club worthy of his presence.

Townsend made a horrible decision imo and it was annoying that he played the I LOVE YIS card then fucked off after a dozen games. Wijnaldum I don't really mind, we've been relegated and he obviously should go to a club in a higher league - wrong club at the wrong time really.

I exaggerate a bit but I just find him a complete arsehole and he typifies the pre-Benitez Newcastle. Just a joke of a club where no player of any worth is proud to wear the shirt. If this was the first time he'd come out and said he wanted to leave (post-relegation) it'd be fine, but he's been saying it for over a year, even when the club was fighting to stay in the league he's sending his agent out to tell anyone who will listen how mint he is and how much he wants to play for a club worthy of his presence.

Townsend made a horrible decision imo and it was annoying that he played the I LOVE YIS card then fucked off after a dozen games. Wijnaldum I don't really mind, we've been relegated and he obviously should go to a club in a higher league - wrong club at the wrong time really.

You don't have any problem with Wijnaldum who blatantly stopped trying even after Rafa came in?

Err, I don't like Sissoko because of the way him and his agent go on with the press, I thought my post made that pretty clear like. As a player I think he's decent and I've never bought the 'he doesn't try' rhetoric.

As for Wijnaldum, when Rafa arrived we moved to play a much more reserved game to prevent us from conceding the customary 3 goals a match and he blatantly wasn't up for it - he isn't up for much when we're not on top tbh (or have little in the way of attack). This was a system where Jack Colback was a better option than (the admittedly overrated) Jonjo Shelvey.

He was shite for over half of the season like, not just under Rafa, I'm not going to stick up for his performances.