Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I didn't dislike Sissoko half as much as most, and think he's a good player. One of our best in fact. I also don't begrudge him getting a move to an ambitious club in the Champions League like he wanted (professional footballer in 'massive ego' shocker!).

I'm also very impressed we've got £30m for him, don't think we'll miss him this season and am excited to see how the money will help RAFAEL BENITEZ continue to rebuild the club assuming we go straight back up to the Premier League. I thought he'd go today, for about £20m.

Which side of this ridiculous argument am I supposed to be on? :undecided:

You've got until the post slammed window midnight deadline to decide. MAKE YOUR CHOICE :frantic:

:lol:

I absolutely agree that both sides can be held at the same time :thup:

i think he made it clear he wanted to go and that was that (like Ian says). I'm not convinced he would have stayed even if we'd avoided relegation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Time to move on and accept we're in the Championship and have had to cut our cloth accordingly. Think Rafa's done a very good job and I'm actually glad this window is closed and looking forward to the season.

Yet we can't get on with it because there's an international weekend. Bloody stupid that the season stutters and limps on for a few weeks, season starts but everyones concerned about the transfer window, then it shuts and we have 10 days to wait.

The transfer window should before the season starts.

whose season though? Englands starts earlier than most so should englands window be closed but Germany/spain etc be open? And thats not getting into the summer leagues. Personally I'm not a big fan of the window system as I think its the major reason for the stockpiling of players at rich clubs (eg  chelsea) and football seemed to function just fine before the window was introduced but about as much chance of me becoming fifa president as that being scrapped.

Not that customary tbh. :lol:

Townsend:

"Naturally we are very disappointed to lose Andros but we are bound by the terms of his contract," said Newcastle United managing director Lee Charnley.

"Given our situation in January it was a condition of him joining that we included a buy-out clause. However, I am sure now with Rafa as our manager we will not be in a position whereby we will need to agree to clauses of this nature in the future.

"Despite Andros' departure today, we believe with the signings we have made this week we have strengthened the squad.

"Rafa and I are working very well together and we are confident we are building a squad that will meet our objectives for the season ahead of us.

"Finally, I would like to say Andros was a great professional during his time with us, who gave his all for the Club, and I wish him all the very best."

Wijnaldum:

"We made it very clear at the beginning of the summer that we had no need to sell for financial reasons, despite relegation, and would only consider selling a player if it was in the best interests of the Club and the team," said Newcastle United managing director Lee Charnley.

"After discussions with Rafa it was felt that this particular deal was one such circumstance and would be in the best interests of both parties.

"Gini leaves with our very best wishes for his future career."

Janmaat:

The Club wishes to place on record its thanks to Daryl for his efforts during his time at Newcastle. He leaves with our best wishes for his future at Watford.

Not that customary tbh. :lol:

Townsend:

"Naturally we are very disappointed to lose Andros but we are bound by the terms of his contract," said Newcastle United managing director Lee Charnley.

"Given our situation in January it was a condition of him joining that we included a buy-out clause. However, I am sure now with Rafa as our manager we will not be in a position whereby we will need to agree to clauses of this nature in the future.

"Despite Andros' departure today, we believe with the signings we have made this week we have strengthened the squad.

"Rafa and I are working very well together and we are confident we are building a squad that will meet our objectives for the season ahead of us.

"Finally, I would like to say Andros was a great professional during his time with us, who gave his all for the Club, and I wish him all the very best."

Wijnaldum:

"We made it very clear at the beginning of the summer that we had no need to sell for financial reasons, despite relegation, and would only consider selling a player if it was in the best interests of the Club and the team," said Newcastle United managing director Lee Charnley.

"After discussions with Rafa it was felt that this particular deal was one such circumstance and would be in the best interests of both parties.

"Gini leaves with our very best wishes for his future career."

Janmaat:

The Club wishes to place on record its thanks to Daryl for his efforts during his time at Newcastle. He leaves with our best wishes for his future at Watford.

All this summer. Before that I don't recollect us giving much of a fuck.

What Sissoko does at Spurs doesn't f***ing matter anymore man. the fact is now we are worse off team and need to make sure we spend the money to replace him in the next 2 windows.

I think getting rid of 'want aways' and 'under performers' actually makes us a better TEAM. Albeit with the loss of a few individual players who on their day could arguably be a level above what we have in their place (I'd include Wijnaldum and Townsend in this as well as Sissoko). A team isn't necessarily weaker because they lose a player capable of making a greater 'potential' contribution than his replacement. Would you prefer £10k five times a year? Or £7k 10 times a year? A team, apologies if this seems obvious but some people seem to be missing the point, is more than the sum of its parts and not about having the best 11 individual players on the pitch, irrespective of whether they fit the system/there is a system can be found that fits them.

In all likelihood we will get promoted this season; in all likelihood we will also play some pretty functional unattractive football at times. Welcome to NUFC with a winning mentality and some fucking nous about team construction and management. Hope we can all get some enjoyment out of it, God knows we deserve to.

Imagine if he does his hamstring or some shit for France in the next week [emoji38]

Imagine that. But it's not likely given that we never had any fitness problems with him during his time here.

Out of interest how many away goals did he score for us?

12?

"away" i asked for?

So you did. Sorry :blush:

No problem. Still curious... Anybody?

3. As I answered before

:thup: Missed your post. C'mon then remind me who they were against?

EDIT: You've answered already again :lol:

Never thought i'd say this, but well played Lee Charnley. He's done a Daniel Levy on Daniel Levy here. Great piece of business this.

The fee was quite relevant because this time we know Rafa will have it to spend when he wants to.

Hull twice away and Man City in the cup

Remember the Man City cup goal now. Dink late on. Trying hard to picture the Hull goals even though I have a feeling i was at that game! :lol:

Never thought i'd say this, but well played Lee Charnley. He's done a Daniel Levy on Daniel Levy here. Great piece of business this.

The fee was quite relevant because this time we know Rafa will have it to spend when he wants to.

Lee Charnley. :lol: