Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

On course for a £20m spend this month; £12-15m net depending on how much of the Ba fee ended up with us. Can't realistically ask for more than that, assuming we don't sell anyone else.

One or two should have been in during the summer and would have made a big difference to where we are in the table right now, but better late than never.

Yep - totally agree Dave.

The squad looks much better now and Ashley has done his bit, even though at least 2 of these signings should have arrived in July.

We still need a decent striker and I wouldn't be averse to seeing either Tiote of Santon sold if it meant getting a top forward in now but I'm happy with the signings.

Pardew now has no excuse for not putting a decent football team on the park now, esp when everyone is fit - it will take time for the new guys to bed in but a result at Villa is a must.

Gosling needs a loan to a championship club. No point selling him until he finds some fitness/form.

I've never been impressed by this guy - he just doesn't seem to have the 90 minute determination that marks a top PL midfield player and I doubt that he'll ever make it in the top league.

There are times he surely must score when he gets into those positions, and he just doesn't. Sums up his career so far I guess. I really wanted him to succeed too - but that Norwich game last season sort of put me off of him for good.

Guest wallsendmags1990

Looks a happy chap  O0 looking forward to seeing the lad in action very good reviews over in france about him.

Guest wallsendmags1990

.Com say he won't be in the 18 tonight

Sure pardew said he won't future but will take him in the squad.

Why are people saying they are happy if Santon is sold.

You mad?  He is a young lad a not been supported very well this season - Jonas loosing the ball all the time. He is still a very good prospect, would be gutted if he went.

I also think we keep Tiote.  We have lacked depth for so long, now we have it, lets keep it.

Why are people saying they are happy if Santon is sold.

You mad?  He is a young lad a not been supported very well this season - Jonas loosing the ball all the time. He is still a very good prospect, would be gutted if he went.

I also think we keep Tiote.  We have lacked depth for so long, now we have it, lets keep it.

Likewise. He's an amazing prospect who is rebuilding his career here after a great start and injury / form problems. He'll come good in time

Think Santon is pretty good going forward but has been very poor defensively this season despite having similar physical attributes to Bale. He is overrated by many on here in my opinion. If his surname was Simpson he probably would have been lynched by now the amount of goals he has cost us.

Whilst i woulden't be hugely gutted if he was sold. I would genuinely be disappointed as we do need strength in depth and he may well improve now he has healthy competition from Haidara. Hopefully these new signing may spark others into life as well i.e. Cisse and Tiote etc

There are quite a few players who simply aren't good enough and Santon has been comparable to Williamson in terms of performances in my opinion this season. Some on here seem to be much harder on the English players that the foreigners.

Wow, comparing Santon to Simpson is unreal.

Worst case scenario at least Santon is a threat going forward.

Simpson doesn't do anything well, except throw the ball to the opposition to go and score.