Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

The trouble is that nufc agreed to this creationism agreement before the season started.

How do you know for sure we are one of the clubs to vote as so? It only takes a majority vote for those incompetent fools to keep the status quo from last season.

Fwiw there's the 'special' cases rule that those dinosaurs could apply, yet they chose not to. They had also shown a lack of consistency and contradiction regarding re-refereeing (red cards appeal process) and the Ben Thatcher retrospective ban.

Laughable that the English game falls behind the so-called lesser leagues such as Ligue 1 in this aspect.

Life is life, this is football we're talking about.

Ridiculous to talk about murders and burglaries in the same arguement.

i just can't see what good banning him was going to do for NUFC, complete waste of time.

Without these punishments existing, people will continue to perform the same crimes. This is relevant in football and in life.

:)

I think the kid knows he has done wrong and so does everyone else except Whelan and it wouldn't surprise me if martinez doesn't pick him for a couple of games anyway but it still won't help us.

"You think the kid knows he has done wrong"

This is based on what? The reassuring pat that he gave Haidara, having been told to by his team mate? Or the complete silence after the event?

No apology from the player or the club, in fact they have done the complete opposite.

Absolutely gutted they weren't all given a fucking harsh punishment even though it wouldn't have directly affected our results.

The result is all that matters and banning him won't change the result.

Ladies and gentlemen, a man who cares only about results and not at all for equality, justice or right and wrong  :clap:

Guest Roger Kint

Daft question but has this little thug came out publically to show a shred of remorse or sorrow for the tackle? He may well have privately apologised but seeing as the entire Wigan hierarchy has been clammering to get to the media like inbred Stoke fans on deadline day its been 4 days and not a word from him. Gutless wanker!

Can you imagine if he maims another player in the next three games, the shitstorm would be off the charts then

Daft question but has this little thug came out publically to show a shred of remorse or sorrow for the tackle? He may well have privately apologised but seeing as the entire Wigan hierarchy has been clammering to get to the media like inbred Stoke fans on deadline day its been 4 days and not a word from him. Gutless wanker!

Can you imagine if he maims another player in the next three games, the shitstorm would be off the charts then

I suspect Whelan will have congratulated him for Doing one of our players tbh, maybe even a bonus. i would not be surprised in the slightest, If he had seen the players before the game and told them to Do one of our players.

Guest Roger Kint

I suspect Whelan will have congratulated him for Doing one of our players tbh, maybe even a bonus. i would not be surprised in the slightest, If he had seen the players before the game and told them to Do one of our players.

Based on Martinez/Whelans comments they probably forbid him to feel guilty let alone go public on the subject. Did i hear right that RM cant tell him he is on the bench or starting til a few hours before a game as he gets too would up over it? Glad the kid isnt that type of player when he could be a vicious monster like that finger pointer Zaha who did get 3 games.

Life is life, this is football we're talking about.

Ridiculous to talk about murders and burglaries in the same arguement.

i just can't see what good banning him was going to do for NUFC, complete waste of time.

Without these punishments existing, people will continue to perform the same crimes. This is relevant in football and in life.

:)

I think the kid knows he has done wrong and so does everyone else except Whelan and it wouldn't surprise me if martinez doesn't pick him for a couple of games anyway but it still won't help us.

"You think the kid knows he has done wrong"

This is based on what? The reassuring pat that he gave Haidara, having been told to by his team mate? Or the complete silence after the event?

No apology from the player or the club, in fact they have done the complete opposite.

Absolutely gutted they weren't all given a f***ing harsh punishment even though it wouldn't have directly affected our results.

The result is all that matters and banning him won't change the result.

Ladies and gentlemen, a man who cares only about results and not at all for equality, justice or right and wrong  :clap:

In all fairness, not a great deal has been made of the fact that we were absolutely fucking robbed of, at the very least 1 point, but most likely 3.

Without sounding like a harbinger of doom, this could result in a scenario whereby we get relegated as a consequence.

A point this time of the season is big, but 3 is massive (Especially that this was in effect a 6 point swing). Also, bear in mind, it looks like we`re back to patched up team again for the next few games the way injuries are looking.

Doubt he will come out to contradict his chairman's comments. In the same way I don't think there will be any official apology.

Martinez will probably rest him for a few matches since the attention is on his player atm and those are crucial games (cup SFs, relegation headers) ahead. Hope the thug gets all the abuse he deserves if he does step into the pitch. Fans of the other clubs will surely look to milk the heat in those games. Just imagine Millwall fans hurling abuse to unsettle him.

He will have to live with the curse of being unpunished for a long time.

Edit: Really hope they get relegated this season before the big money TV deal comes in. They will find it doubly hard to come back up when the other PL clubs are armed with those riches from next season.

Guest Slippery Sam

The FA's disgraceful inaction is them admitting that their methods of adjudicating football matches is not fit for purpose. The only reason they will not 're-referee' this incident or sign up to the re-refereeing protocol is because of the flood of 'check this out, check this out' clamours which would come from football clubs after games; basically the FA don't have the manpower to do it or couldn't be arsed.  Therefore, if we all rightly recognise that there would be a flood of 'check this out, check this out' by football clubs, it actually means that the FA KNOW that the current system of one ref, two linesmen/women and one 4th official is insufficient and they are not prepared to do anything about it.

Surprising [Not] to hear John Barnes on Talksport last night saying McManaman did nothing wrong in the challenge.

Callum McManaman.  Callous McManimal.

Doubt he will come out to contradict his chairman's comments. In the same way I don't think there will be any official apology.

Martinez will probably rest him for a few matches since the attention is on his player atm and those are crucial games (cup SFs, relegation headers) ahead. Hope the thug gets all the abuse he deserves if he does step into the pitch. Fans of the other clubs will surely look to milk the heat in those games. Just imagine Millwall fans hurling abuse to unsettle him.

that will be worse tham simply taking his punishment, It will follow him his whole career, whereas it would have been done and dusted in three games.

that will be worse tham simply taking his punishment, It will follow him his whole career, whereas it would have been done and dusted in three games.

He could find himself in a worse scenario if reports of him being mentally-weak are true. Whelan has dug an even deeper grave for him with those provocative (and petty anti-Ashley) remarks when he could have done much better. That senile old fool isn't helping his player.

Guest Roger Kint

Douglas says he will play this season apparently, thankfully isnt as bad as it could have been then.

If Wigan go down I dont expect to see them again, If not, I cant see this being forgotten, in fact it should be bumpted to fuck and a special atmosphere should greet them at SJP next season. I doubt tyhat player can play here for a very long time.

Daft question but has this little thug came out publically to show a shred of remorse or sorrow for the tackle?

No.  Why should he ? Any show of remorse would merely be an orchestrated publicity stunt now, designed for his own benefit.

Anyone with half a brain knows that he intended the tackle and went out to do Haidara, so any apology would have a very hollow ring to it.

What may help him from a PR point of view would be a face transplant to make him look less like David off Coronation Street - undoubtedly one of the ugliest and most punchable faces on the planet.

Guest Roger Kint

Daft question but has this little thug came out publically to show a shred of remorse or sorrow for the tackle?

No.  Why should he ? Any show of remorse would merely be an orchestrated publicity stunt now, designed for his own benefit.

Anyone with half a brain knows that he intended the tackle and went out to do Haidara so any apology would have a very hollow ring to it.

What may help him from a PR point of view would be a face transplant to make him look less like David off Coronation Street - undoubtedly one of the ugliest and most punchable faces on the planet.

PR or not its the right thing to do to stand up like a man and say 'yes i was a thug and regret my actions, i am sorry to the player for what i did'

If only Martinez did some PR of his own and left him out for three games but thats never going to happen :lol:

I do think Martinez will leave him out for the next 3 matches against Norwich, QPR and Millwall. He will melt under the intense pressure.

Will be ironic if he leaves him out though. Might as well take the 3 match ban and be done with. :lol:

The FA's excuse in their interview on the BBC implies they don't have much faith in referees, doesn't it?  They don't want 're-refereeing' because if that happens then they think officials won't make important calls because they think they can do it retrospectively anyway.

The FA fuck us over time after time.They have some sort of agenda against us. We aren't playing on a level playing field for sure. Perhaps the Owen compo still sticks in their throats.

The FA fuck us over time after time. You'd think they have some sort of agenda against us. We aren't playing on a level playing field for sure. Perhaps the Owen compo still sticks in their throats.

Say it loud enough and you'll eventually believe it.

The FA f*** us over time after time. You'd think they have some sort of agenda against us. We aren't playing on a level playing field for sure. Perhaps the Owen compo still sticks in their throats.

there is a bias, not necessarily against us alone though. can't help thinking had that tackle been on gerrard,lampard, giggs,bale ot tevez then the whole thing would've been handled differently.

The FA f*** us over time after time. You'd think they have some sort of agenda against us. We aren't playing on a level playing field for sure. Perhaps the Owen compo still sticks in their throats.

there is a bias, not necessarily against us alone though. can't help thinking had that tackle been on gerrard,lampard, giggs,bale ot tevez then the whole thing would've been handled differently.

There's no doubt about it.  Say it was Barton/Tiote on Rooney/Gerrard there would have been a massive uproar.

Someone on facebook arguing that they can't 're-referee' games because then every freekick, off-side etc would be disputed and results would only be provisional.  As noted in that poll article

They overturn red cards that their disciplinary panel decide are incorrect.

How is that not re-refereeing a game?  When red cards are recinded, does that mean they have to replay the last 20 minutes of the game or whatever with 11 men a side?  Of course not.

As soon as he wasn't sent off any restrospective action taken again the scumbag mean't actually nothing to NUFC.

Who seriously gives a fuck if he got a three match ban - how does that help NUFC? It doesn't.

We need to focus anger on the match officials. They fucked up. They should be punished but yet again it now means nothing to NUFC. Even if Halsey is relegated to doing shit 2nd division match's for a month or two - SO FUCK.

The moment passed when he wasn't sent off.