Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

I hope this story takes on a life of it's own - maybe the FA will be pressured to give it another look. This story isn't going away and most of the footballing world are united in their disbelief. It's not going away.

Instead of looking at retrospective bans as undermining the referee, wouldn't it be better for the referees to know that if they miss something major, it will be looked at and dealt with anyway afterwards?

I'm not a ref, and I never have been, but I think I'd look at that as something good.

I bet if Ray fucking Stubbs had bleated on about the tackle enough he'd have got banned.

This is the thing - the FA have justified it by saying that they can't "re-referee" games after the fact, yet that hasn't stopped them issuing retrospective bans on Colo, on Barton, on Williamson, on Cabaye. How did they know about those incidents if they weren't reviewing the games?

Ah yes of course. They've been letting MOTD and ESPN do it for them, and the worst thing is that this time it hasn't even fucking helped us. We've been saying on here for years that the rules concerning retrospective bans are a farce because they're selected by TV companies (I've still never seen a replay of Jason Roberts taking a swing at Colo in the game where Barton got banned) and yet this time when the TV companies are all over it, we get nothing. It's fucking astonishing man. Nobody can tell me that the FA isn't utterly riddled with corruption.

The disciplinary panel should be overseen by an independent body or the Premier League because there's too much agenda within the FA - we got fortunate with that with Shearer/Lennon. How can they have credibility when they ban people for kicking someone up the arse on a Saturday then when Wayne Rooney does it in an England shirt on the Wednesday and FIFA give him a ban, the same cunts appeal the decision?!

This "we don't want to re-referee games" thing is absolute nonsense too. If that's the case, then they need to completely get rid of the red card appeal system because that's the same fucking thing. Same goes for the "mistaken identity" yellow card appeal system, needs binning, because that's re-refereeing too.

I've been saying it for fucking ages, the "Respect" campaign is an absolute load of shite. Why the fuck should players and staff respect incompetence? The complete and utter farce surrounding nearly every single controversy in English football is worthy of absolutely no respect whatsoever. You think the FA are showing us, Haidara or our fans any 'respect' by essentially saying "if you can make a tackle appear legal, then it must be, even when it's not"?

There's so so many agenda-ridden people at the top of the FA and they all need binning off. That'll never happen though, it's a fucking corrupt old-boys club where they say and do whatever they fancy. Football really is well and truly fucked unless something changes.

Actually surprised to see the media all over this in our favour. As Ketsbaia said I hope this drags on as long as possible. Lads at work were talking about this more than me (none of them support Newcastle) and looking around other clubs forums there seems to be a massive disbelief about what has happened this week.

Obviously they won't back down but the more they are made to look like idiots the better, it's the best result we are going to get out of this. I do hope we push it too mind, would love us to take legal action and win.

I did have respect for officials and seeing the usual morons harassing refs was a real pet hate but in the heat of this moment I hope we go all Liverpool and jump on the injustice every time we get the chance now. Fuck them, respect is deserved and as a professional body they haven't just failed but they have basically laughed in our faces. Fuck them.

The FA's 150th anniversary isn't exactly going to plan, first the racism problems and now this.

Maybe if the men still at the top weren't those who started the football association 150th years ago they may have a fucking clue how to run the thing!

It's quite sad, but I'm a little ':aww:' at seeing the media collectively defending our side for once.

Still angry as fuck, though. Of course there should be a shake up. Of course there won't be one under this body of cunts. They can't give transparency to a corrupt system, can they?

So the FA don't want to re-referee games? Well maybe if they refereed the game properly in the 1st place,  there'd be no need.

I'd love Wigan to go down but they're behind other horrible clubs on my wish list, villa and the mackems among others.

Actually surprised to see the media all over this in our favour. As Ketsbaia said I hope this drags on as long as possible. Lads at work were talking about this more than me (none of them support Newcastle) and looking around other clubs forums there seems to be a massive disbelief about what has happened this week.

Obviously they won't back down but the more they are made to look like idiots the better, it's the best result we are going to get out of this. I do hope we push it too mind, would love us to take legal action and win.

I did have respect for officials and seeing the usual morons harassing refs was a real pet hate but in the heat of this moment I hope we go all Liverpool and jump on the injustice every time we get the chance now. f*** them, respect is deserved and as a professional body they haven't just failed but they have basically laughed in our faces. f*** them.

I did have respect for officials and seeing the usual morons harassing refs was a real pet hate but in the heat of this moment I hope we go all Liverpool and jump on the injustice every time we get the chance now. f*** them, respect is deserved and as a professional body they haven't just failed but they have basically laughed in our faces. f*** them.

has a chance to properly blow up when the extent of his injury becomes clear, from llamblias's statement yesterday it also looks like the club aren't that interested in letting it drop easily

has a chance to properly blow up when the extent of his injury becomes clear, from llamblias's statement yesterday it also looks like the club aren't that interested in letting it drop easily

Not sure about that. They're making a representation to the FA. We all know how that'll be received: their complaints department is a waste paper basket.

Also the statement made comments about avoiding future similar incidents/rulings, rather than this one being pursued further.

Hopefully they're just being coy, and they are speaking with solicitors. Don't know what legal action, if any, would be available to them though.

yeah, but if they put a case to the FA in the light of the lad having serious injuries then the FA just shitcan it i can see things getting a bit iffy...i also think ashley et al will only likely do anything if they think they have support from other owners/chairmen

frankly, how could they not get support? 

so what's the millwall player opposite mcmanaman supposed to think in the upcoming match?  i know if i'm that millwall player i'm thinking, 'do him before he does me'; and that's wrong.  this isn't Rollerball for fuck's sake!  :rant:

Guest firetotheworks

Their excuse is absolute bollocks anyway. We know fine well ourselves that players have been punished retrospectively, regardless of whether the referee saw the incident or not. I feel stupid for even pointing it out. They're corrupt and it fucking boils my blood that everyone has got away with it, including the F.A.

I'm shocked at how angry and frustrated i still am at this whole situation and i don't see it calming down any time soon. It's an absolute disgrace and defies all logic. Hope those fuckers go down and never see the premier league again.

By Graham Poll

The FA's position has cost referees a huge amount of credibility, any neutral observer can see they should've taken action on McManaman

Disciplinary action is determined by national federations and ours - the FA - are now in a position where Callum McManaman, of Wigan, cannot be charged for a career-threatening challenge on Newcastle’s Massadio Haidara.

Let’s be absolutely clear: this is not a matter of application of the laws of the game and it is not something dictated by the law-makers (IFAB) or the world governing body, FIFA.

What they do say is that when a referee issues a red card, the player must serve at least a one-match ban — unless it is a case of mistaken identity.

The FA, however, choose not to support our referees. They overturn red cards that their disciplinary panel decide are incorrect. All too often a former referee is not part of that appeals panel.

The FA’s inability to take retrospective action against McManaman — when any neutral observer can see that they should — follows a short-sighted decision before the start of this season.

The FA announced: ‘Following consultation with the game’s stakeholders (the Premier and Football Leagues, the Professional Footballers’ and League Managers’ Associations, Professional Game Match Officials Ltd and the National Game), it was agreed that retrospective action should only be taken in respect of incidents which have not been seen by the match officials.

‘Where one of the officials has seen a coming together of players, no retrospective action should be taken, regardless of whether he or she witnessed the full or particular nature of the challenge. This is to avoid the re-refereeing of incidents.’ Yet by overturning red cards the FA do re-referee incidents and undermine officials.

Good referees know that the one thing their decisions must have is credibility. Their bosses must know the same; yet the FA’s position has cost referees a huge amount of credibility.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296099/Callum-McManaman-tackle-Massadio-Haidara-The-FAs-position-cost-referees-huge-credibility-neutral-observer-shouldve-taken-action--Graham-Poll.html#ixzz2O3jIMsrl