Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

On the topic of McManaman's prior form, and whether or not he's a loose cannon (for this sort of s***).

The kid he hacked down in the reserves fixture against City. It was reported the foul more or less took place in in the 90th min (after Wigan had fallen behind behind) as the match was winding down. So i'll put this out there if he did in fact take out the youngster in injury time. By the same logic of managers (protecting a lead, trying to control tempo, possession & time on tje clock) introducing a token 90th minute substitution , when chasing a game that late you simply don't go lunging-in & forcing added stoppages. What's the possibility that McManaman (contrary to what you should do in that situation) simply lost his head, and simply thought f***-it i'm take this c*** out. I'm thinking along the line that he's a loose-cannon, with possibly a nasty streak when he does take to the field, and this overrides the ability to demonstrate composure in particular match scenarios, because he certainly didn't show any composure at all, in the most counterproductive way (which should have cost his team a man), on his full debut.

I think Martinez has got a live-one, or loose cannon, on his hands.

Everything Barnes has said and done since leaving Liverpool has been a total disaster. Don't know why anyone gives him the time of day, especially after backing Suarez with what he went through as an England player.

I can't work out if he's a massive douche or the best WUM ever. Either way I'm surprised Talksport don't give him more time.

Barnes is as thick as whale spunk so I doubt he's doing it on purpose.  :lol:

On the topic of McManaman's prior form, and whether or not he's a loose cannon (for this sort of s***).

The kid he hacked down in the reserves fixture against City. It was reported the foul more or less took place in in the 90th min (after Wigan had fallen behind behind) as the match was winding down. So i'll put this out there if he did in fact take out the youngster in injury time. By the same logic of managers (protecting a lead, trying to control tempo, possession & time on tje clock) introducing a token 90th minute substitution , when chasing a game that late you simply don't go lunging-in & forcing added stoppages. What's the possibility that McManaman (contrary to what you should do in that situation) simply lost his head, and simply thought f***-it i'm take this c*** out. I'm thinking along the line that he's a loose-cannon, with possibly a nasty streak when he does take to the field, and this overrides the ability to demonstrate composure in particular match scenarios, because he certainly didn't show any composure at all, in the most counterproductive way (which should have cost his team a man), on his full debut.

I think Martinez has got a live-one, or loose cannon, on his hands.

It is something to factor in. Particularly when you think about how the 'challenge' that took Haidara out was in such a nothing part of the pitch and how needless that was.

Pardew should have taken more of a stance over this and stood up for his club and his player. We've taken this lying down.

When you look back at the reds given to Tiote vs the mackems and Colo vs Liverpool, it's incredible Mcmanaman won't miss a single game. Colo was apparently sent off for intent and now there are people trying to justify Mcmanaman's 'tackle'. Makes you wonder if our league is any less corrupt than places like the Serie A.

Didn't care before but would like to see Wigan go down. Their conduct over this has been pathetic.

I must say, I am getting lots of enjoyment at how bad Wigan are coming out of all this.  Serves the shit little club right.

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan defended midfielder McManaman following the tackle by claiming he won the ball as “clean as a whistle”.

Guest reefatoon

What the hell is wrong with that :lol:

Just because I have empathy :huff:

Just find it funny that you have posted 3 times about wanting to cry/in tears/all emotional about it.  If you stand back and look at why you are crying. A man kicked another man in the knee and bruised it.  Bless your cottons you delicate little flower.  :lol:

While the dabate over the FA's lack of action and refereeing incompetence continues, I'm actually surprised there is any debate regarding the tackle itself.

He went out to do Haidara, he succeeded in doing him good and proper, and that's about all there is to say.

Just find it funny that you have posted 3 times about wanting to cry/in tears/all emotional about it.  If you stand back and look at why you are crying. A man kicked another man in the knee and bruised it.  Bless your cottons you delicate little flower.  :lol:

Aye, just finds it disturbing with the lack of sympathy in media etc that I though I wanted to share a bit of that :)

PhysioRoom.com Ltd ‏@physioroom 44s

#NUFC are hopeful that a 2nd scan next week on #Haidara will confirm the injury is not as bad as first feared, he may return this season

Lets hope so

#NUFC are hopeful that a 2nd scan next week on #Haidara will confirm the injury is not as bad as first feared, he may return this season

That would be a silver lining to all this - however, just because the injury (hopefully) might not be as bad as feared, it shouldn't detract from the fact that it was still a wildly reckless challenge that McManaman should have faced action over.

Guest reefatoon

That's good news if true.  Also Haidara is a lucky boy that Mcmanaman is about 4 stone wet through. Any other bloke built bigger and stronger would have took his leg off.  Just shows what a little pussy Mcmanaman is. Soft as shit.

Another quite sobering fact from this is that left back is a position we've had a problem with for a while and certainly no real cover.

Carr, Pardew, Dekka and Ashley went about rectifying that and in Haidara most of us have seen a great player with potential to go on and achieve big things.

One moment of unpunished thuggery may have taken that away and put us back to square one and ended a very promising career.

Let's hope not but the more I see that tackle the more I fear for him.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew should have taken more of a stance over this and stood up for his club and his player. We've taken this lying down.

Has it really took 125 pages to find some reason to attack him? :lol:

Every time the FA wheel one of their mouthpieces out it makes me sick. They just ramble on about the "process" and "agreement". The whole time I'm just  hearing a load of crap empty excuses that they are hiding behind. If they had wanted to punish him then they would have quite easily. Plus absolutely no one would have kicked off about rule e3 blah blah the sacred "process" etc and would have just accepted it and moved on. The whole thing is an absolute joke and there is more to it than the shit they have tried to justify so far.

If that's the case he is incredibly lucky, must be made of rubber or something.

An early return and a Wigan relegation - if the FA won't punish Wigan, fate will.

Aye, just finds it disturbing with the lack of sympathy in media etc that I though I wanted to share a bit of that :)

If it makes you feel better I'm shaking with rage, mate.