Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

I think he is good enough as backup, prefer he doesnt go on loan.

handful of games as a young french import. what the hell were some of you expecting he would do in the Prem league? sheesh (do you remember Enrique in his first season???????)

I expected no better. Enrique got better by playing games. Haidara won't get that same opportunity as 3rd choice (at best) LB here.

I think he will be 2nd choice LB behind Santon, with MYM coming in if we have an injury crisis.

He will definitely play his part next season. One of only 3 left footers in the team which we need if we are getting Gomis.

If Santon can't play it'll be Mapou 100%.

Sammy Ameobi has not improved one bit between playing his first game 3 seasons ago and now. Why? Because he's not playing against men. Haidara will stagnate in exactly the same way if we don't get him out for a bit.

Sammy Ameobi has not improved one bit between playing his first game 3 seasons ago and now. Why? Because he's not playing against men. Haidara will stagnate in exactly the same way if we don't get him out for a bit.

Are you taking into account how injury prone Saylor is?

I'm fairly certain Colo and MYM will play the majority of games at CB next season.

Are you taking into account how injury prone Saylor is?

I'm fairly certain Colo and MYM will play the majority of games at CB next season.

It's a fair point, but Anita can play LB too, apparently. And he isn't getting into that midfield 2/3 any time soon.

Sorry but we've all (some more than other inc me) berated the club over the years for not loaning out players when they've needed it, so if the club deem a loan is best for his career i'm 100% behind it. I just hope they do the right thing and keep him in the country, Championship is perfect for him.

I do however think he's good enough to keep around, i can only assume (sorry assumption police) Dummet is shining in training and looks a better player currently, if so then its down to one thing, last seasons loan.

Sorry but we've all (some more than other inc me) berated the club over the years for not loaning out players when they've needed it, so if the club deem a loan is best for his career i'm 100% behind it. I just hope they do the right thing and keep him in the country, Championship is perfect for him.

I do however think he's good enough to keep around, i can only assume (sorry assumption police) Dummet is shining in training and looks a better player currently, if so then its down to one thing, last seasons loan.

Normally the case when a young 'un hasn't had much first-team football. Haidara was playing regular Ligue 1 football last season and a few games for us. Give him a few months around the club and then send him out.

Sad for Haidara, but a Geordie coming through the ranks and starting to look a real player can not be overlooked.

Even if Dummett is not a world beater, there is the incontrovertible truth that he can in the future become a homegrown player, which will reduce the future need to have to sign an English player at an English premium. Haidara is too old for this.

So if both are to have a Newcastle career, they are going to have to shift Santon, either becoming better than him, or by showing us its time to cash in on Santon, or by Santon getting moved to a new position. In fact, the most obvious player to remove and cash in on in a year or so could be Debuchy.

But if Santon isn't shifted, Dummett has won.

Rightio :lol:

Read my post in your thread: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92060.75.html

It shows what the problem is.

We've reached the point where to buy a foreign player we have to sell a foreign player, and we are almost at a point where we cant replace Williamson or Gosling unless we buy English or promote from the academy.

I do see your point, but Haidara is already here (i.e. not a player we are trying to bring is, as you allude to in your post), and as long as out on the pitch he's a better player than Dummett, he will remain in the squad. Also, Dummett was given a new one year deal in June. Not exactly a sign that we consider him a realistic long term prospect for the first team.