Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

If by some f***ing luck he's just terrible strained or bruised then this kid will go down as some legendary hard as nails b******.

Haidara > Tiote if that happens.

One good thing to come out of this is that he's seen the support you'll get from us.

Was never in doubt surely? one of the biggest reasons we are so highly thought of by the French based players is the support we gave Ben Arfa after his injury.

Guest Brazilianbob

Millwall will suddenly find themselves with a lot of Geordie supporters for the Fa cup semi against Wigan.  Gonna take the roof off in the toon when Millwall score.

Guest Roger Kint

Millwall will suddenly find themselves with a lot of Geordie supporters for the Fa cup semi against Wigan.  Gonna take the roof off in the toon when Millwall score.

Wont be the first time in a FA Cup semi :lol:

Massadio Haidara ‏@MassadioHaidara 2m

Al Hamdoulillah. I go better and better, I hold has all to THANK YOU for every messages of supports, Im really affects me

EDIT: Giggs?

Nah, someone else translated it properly :pow:

Imagine a Mcmanaman winner... :lol:

One good thing to come out of this is that he's seen the support you'll get from us.

Was never in doubt surely? one of the biggest reasons we are so highly thought of by the French based players is the support we gave Ben Arfa after his injury.

One thing hearing about it, but I'd imagine receiving it while being a relatively unknown compared to hba must be canny. :)

When he comes back and plays again (hopefully - and as soon as possible) he will get a huge response from the crowd.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor believes the fallout from Callum McManaman's tackle on Massadio Haidara has underlined the need for a disciplinary review panel.

Wigan Athletic forward McManaman escaped punishment during Sunday's Premier League game despite a high challenge, which forced Newcastle United's Haidara off with a knee injury, and the Football Association is unable to take retrospective action.

As they wait to learn the full extent of Haidara's injury, Newcastle have been left furious at the FA's inability to act after the incident and have branded current disciplinary procedures as 'not fit for purpose'.

And Taylor, who was on Wednesday involved in a meeting between various stakeholders in the game and was consulted by the FA on their decision, thinks there is a need to change the procedures in order to address issues, such as unpunished fouls, simulation or controversial red cards.

"I feel there is a need for a review system. We have been asking for some time for a panel of experienced people from within the game to look on a Monday morning at simulation, any abuse or tackles or red cards."

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor

"I feel there is a need for a review system," Taylor told Sky Sports News. "We have been asking for some time for a panel of experienced people from within the game to look on a Monday morning at simulation, any abuse or tackles or red cards.

"I think there is going to be a similar inquiry into how we can deal with a situation when the referee says he has not seen it and the assistant referee was quite some way away from it."

Taylor added: "There is an overriding principle that the referee has got to be in charge of it.

"But I think that when we have technology there has got to be an ability to look at things with a few views of the incident and then take appropriate action if necessary for the good of the game."

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor believes the fallout from Callum McManaman's tackle on Massadio Haidara has underlined the need for a disciplinary review panel.

Wigan Athletic forward McManaman escaped punishment during Sunday's Premier League game despite a high challenge, which forced Newcastle United's Haidara off with a knee injury, and the Football Association is unable to take retrospective action.

As they wait to learn the full extent of Haidara's injury, Newcastle have been left furious at the FA's inability to act after the incident and have branded current disciplinary procedures as 'not fit for purpose'.

And Taylor, who was on Wednesday involved in a meeting between various stakeholders in the game and was consulted by the FA on their decision, thinks there is a need to change the procedures in order to address issues, such as unpunished fouls, simulation or controversial red cards.

"I feel there is a need for a review system. We have been asking for some time for a panel of experienced people from within the game to look on a Monday morning at simulation, any abuse or tackles or red cards."

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor

"I feel there is a need for a review system," Taylor told Sky Sports News. "We have been asking for some time for a panel of experienced people from within the game to look on a Monday morning at simulation, any abuse or tackles or red cards.

"I think there is going to be a similar inquiry into how we can deal with a situation when the referee says he has not seen it and the assistant referee was quite some way away from it."

Taylor added: "There is an overriding principle that the referee has got to be in charge of it.

"But I think that when we have technology there has got to be an ability to look at things with a few views of the incident and then take appropriate action if necessary for the good of the game."

Wasnt expecting a statement from the PFA given that they represent both players

Massadio Haidara ‏@MassadioHaidara 2m

Al Hamdoulillah. I go better and better, I hold has all to THANK YOU for every messages of supports, Im really affects me

EDIT: Giggs?

Nah, someone else translated it properly :pow:

As I hadn't seen the other "translation" it took me a while to get this  :lol:

One thing hearing about it, but I'd imagine receiving it while being a relatively unknown compared to hba must be canny. :)

When he comes back and plays again (hopefully - and as soon as possible) he will get a huge response from the crowd.

Definitely :thup:

Guest TheGreatBeardo

this Matthew Wilkes SOB should never work a football match again!  i don't care if he was instructed to only call throw-ins, etc by the ref--- the "i was just following orders" line has a dark history.

Is that a nazi reference?  :lol:

Do you have a source?

I was surprised to see the PFA saying something needs to be done, if anyone these were one of the last people I'd have expected to say he needs to be punished.

you reckon ? they were brought into it last night when the FA said they (PFA) agreed with the set up (as did the LMA). with everyone slagging it off it's only to be expected that a pragmatist like Taylor would wait till he sees which way the winds blowing before speaking out.

this Matthew Wilkes SOB should never work a football match again!  i don't care if he was instructed to only call throw-ins, etc by the ref--- the "i was just following orders" line has a dark history.

Is that a nazi reference?  :lol:

too far?    :whistle:      seriously though--you see something like that your conscience should pang you into action & raise the damn flag! 

Saw this online:

Unsurprisingly this letter relates to a particular challenge during a Premier League game that went unpunished last weekend. I don’t even need to name the people involved and which challenge it was, because everyone knows which incident I’m referring to, and everyone knows the utterly insane decision (or should it be lack of decision) made by the FA in response to this ‘challenge.’ I call it a ‘challenge’, but maybe ‘assault’ would be a better term? I call you ‘the FA’, but maybe ‘inept fools’ would be a better term also?

I don’t know precisely which inept fools were responsible for this decision, but maybe whoever they are should pay a visit to Newcastle Royal Victoria Infirmary and explain the decision in person to a certain 20-year old French youth international who has just had his knee shattered into God knows how many pieces. A few years ago, before the recent advances made in treating sports injuries, that ‘tackle’ would almost certainly have ended this young lad’s career. Luckily, he probably will return, but as is very often the case with young players who receive terrible injuries, the likelihood is that he will never truly fulfil the promise he has shown in his brief career in French football and the few games he has played and shone in for Newcastle. And the punishment  for the player who’s inflicted this? Nothing. The consequences for the assistant manager who ran on the pitch to remonstrate with the player I can’t even bring myself to name? A charge of misconduct. To charge him and not the player is absolutely beyond belief. I know the apparent reason why the ban wasn’t given, because the FA don’t want to be seen ‘re-refereeing games.’ If that’s the case, why do bans get rescinded? Is this not re-refereeing? Good contradiction there guys. 

I note that the FA are trying to improve standards in grass root football and have also in recent years introduced the Respect Campaign. It was also my belief that the FA and officials have a duty of care to protect players? And I look at these points and then look at what has happened in the last few days and I struggle to believe how the FA can justify anything they say or do. Would it therefore be ok for 10-year old lads on a Sunday morning to fly in knee high and put another young lad in hospital? I would hope that a Sunday league official (you know the type, fat Dads with glasses on, running the line because no-one else will / he’s the least hungover) would be able to see that incident, ‘full extent’ or not, and see that that was a red card offence. Never mind fully trained professional officials.

Which brings me on nicely to the FA statement made in regard to the incident. I’ll quote it for you in case you’ve forgotten:

‘In the case of McManaman, it has been confirmed that at least one of the match officials saw the coming together, though not the full extent of the challenge.’

So let me get this right – one of the officials saw the coming together (I’m guessing the linesman who you can see looking at the incident on Match of the Day footage) but not all of it? So, he didn’t actually see the challenge then? And the reason no action has been taken is: ‘where one of the officials has seen a coming together of players, no retrospective action should be taken.’ But hang on, we’ve already established from the first quote that the official didn’t see the full extent of the challenge. I thought the decision makers and press officers at the FA would be able to cobble together a statement over the course of 48 hours that didn’t contradict itself in the space of roughly 20 words. There’s me and my crazy thinking again though.

Going by this statement, maybe in the Tyne-Wear derby we could get Steven Taylor to dance around in front of the ref whilst Cheik Tiote slowly approaches Lee Cattermole with a sawn-off shotgun. Then at the last minute, Cheik goes on the blind side of the linesman and blasts Lee’s face off. The ref didn’t see it (nice one Steve) and the assistant saw Cheik approaching Lee with a shotgun and his face spread all over the East Stand, but didn’t actually see the bullet make contact with Lee’s lovely face. Play on lads, no retrospective action to be taken here. A ridiculous exaggeration but the principle remains exactly the same.

What else did I want to say? No-one has probably bothered to read this far given the fact that it doesn’t suit one of the FA’s agendas but I’ll carry on regardless. I was wondering though if the situation would have been different if a French youth international had made that challenge on someone the FA was bothered about? Someone like Wayne Rooney, Jack Wilshere or ‘Stevie’ Gerrard. I somehow doubt the FA would have had the balls (excuse my French) to let that go unpunished if it was on one of our own over-hyped, over-paid, under-performing superstars. Which begs the question, what does the FFF make of all this? I don’t know what the relationship between the FA and the FFF is like, but I imagine it is no longer a good one. After all, this is a football federation who actually take retrospective action on terrible tackles (such as the one made by Valentin Eysseric on Jeremy Clement a couple of weeks ago which resulted in an 11-game ban)and protect players under their jurisdiction, whether one obviously inept official half saw a challenge or didn’t half see it. Sounds like a plan, eh? I’ve been told that football these days is all about politics. I think I’d rather have the Monster Raving Loony Party in charge than you lot.

I honestly hope that some good comes of this, and that in the future tackles like this that can have no defence (despite what a senile chairman may say) are justly and correctly punished. I live in hope, but after what has happened I don’t think anyone believes in the FA any more. And I hope the next unlucky set of players to be officiated by the same officials can feel safe on the pitch, because I’m not sure I would.

Anyway, I know no-one read this and probably never will, but at least I got it off my chest. I’m off to sharpen my studs for my five a side match tomorrow night, I’m thinking of throwing a neck high challenge in. ‘Don’t do that!’ you say! Don’t you worry, I’m taking my iPad with me. I’ll pull up a video of a certain assault and a certain statement of some inept fools. No arguing with that is there?

I’ll leave you with this from Steve Froggatt: ‘From someone who lost his career through a bad tackle I find the decision from the FA shameful, embarrassing and above all gutless’. Well said Steve. Couldn’t have said it better myself.