Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Let's switch it around, if that tackle is Tiote on Figueroa, is Martinez so forgiving then?

Made himself look like a right fool defending McManaman.

Pardew would certainly hold his hands up too, and that's not black and white bias because I hate the prick.

Horrible little shit bag... I think after that its safe to say there has been no apology of any kind from player or club.

Martinez has shown his true colours throughout this, total tosser.

He keeps going on and on about Ryo Miyachi getting injured, but wasn't that because he slid off the pitch at Everton and into some advertising hoardings?!  Slightly fucking different to a knee-high dropkick tackle.  Complete prick.

Searching for Miyachi Everton on a certain video streaming service will bring up the tackle comparable to the knee-high dropkick.

Honestly hope these fuckers go down more and more whenever thier fucking ball-sack manager speaks now.  A new Wenger / Ferguson in the making.

Wigan had a plan from the minute the full time whistle went and that was to muddy the water sufficiently to a) avoid a ban for their player and b) try and protect McManaman. Fuck them.

They're actually making it worse for him.  Had everyone at Wigan just admitted the obvious (that the tackle was at the very least reckless) and the player apologised the day it happened this wouldn't still be going on.

Guest neesy111

Wigan had a plan from the minute the full time whistle went and that was to muddy the water sufficiently to a) avoid a ban for their player and b) try and protect McManaman. Fuck them.

:thup:

Horrible little shit bag... I think after that its safe to say there has been no apology of any kind from player or club.

He keeps going on and on about Ryo Miyachi getting injured, but wasn't that because he slid off the pitch at Everton and into some advertising hoardings?!  Slightly fucking different to a knee-high dropkick tackle.  Complete prick.

Searching for Miyachi Everton on a certain video streaming service will bring up the tackle comparable to the knee-high dropkick.

Honestly hope these fuckers go down more and more whenever thier fucking ball-sack manager speaks now.  A new Wenger / Ferguson in the making.

Well if so then my bad; I can only remember him laying off the pitch.

Still though, even if the tackles were comparable (which I'm assuming they're not exactly otherwise Everton would be getting the same treatment as Wigan now?), Martinez's attitude towards this whole thing has absolutely stunk.

Guest icemanblue

Carver fined by the FA. Other guy banned from the touchline.

Look, we're dead sorry. See?

Love,

The FA.

Well if so then my bad; I can only remember him laying off the pitch.

Still though, even if the tackles were comparable (which I'm assuming they're not exactly otherwise Everton would be getting the same treatment as Wigan now?), Martinez's attitude towards this whole thing has absolutely stunk.

Sorry mate, was actually being sarcastic with the comment that the tackles were comparable - doesn't really translate well on a message board.

He did indeed seem to do more damage when he hit the hoardings.  It was a late challenge that caught him but for Martinez to use that as a measuring stick to defend what was really indefensible is ridiculous.

When did he get declared 'not fit'?

Disco edited the title yesterday afternoon but there doesn't seem to be any discussion about it :dontknow:

Newcastle United will be without Davide Santon and Cheick Tiote for their trip to Man City this weekend.

And Mathieu Debuchy is still not fit from the hamstring injury picked up at Wigan.

Tiote and Santon are out with muscle strains and will miss the clash at Eastlands.

Alan Pardew has also ruled out Massadio Haidara from the game with the injured left-back still recovering from a strong challenge from Callum McManaman.

But there was better news on the injury front with Tim Krul back in training and in with a chance of facing Benfica while Fabricio Coloccini could be two or three weeks away from a return from a back injury.

Pardew said: “We are missing both of our full-backs this weekend and that is a blow for us.

“Cheick has picked up a strain in training too.”

And after Roberto Martinez defended McManaman again today, Pardew said: “I was surprised by comments from their manager and chairman that they thought it was a fair challenge.

“I think everybody could see it wasn’t.

“He won’t play this weekend but fingers crossed he will play against Benfica.”

Pardew also too stock of the Haidara situation for the first time and said: “I think sometimes it’s good to reflect on the situation.

“We are particularly aggrieved that we don’t have professional linesmen in the Premier League.

“With the money and finances we have that should be a team.

“I would be very interested to know how many times Mark Halsey has worked with that linesman.”

Still, could have been massively worse. Says a lot to be disappointed by him missing our next game, given the bleak outlook shared by many after the assault by McManaman.

Their Everton match was before our match and his despicable tackle. Not sure what relevance it has here?

Fixture mix-up, on my account, in terms of timeline ie. if he had started at Goodison, after said tackle, then Martinez wouldn't be deliberately sheltering him.

Anyway what's his return, from his first two starts? A goal, and an assist? Counterproductive to Wigan's survival chances to put a youngster (who has made an immediate impact) like on the backburner. This episode, and the attention given to him/McManaman, should be character/development building, if harnessed the right way. I tend to think he's carrying a slight knock.