Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Haidara displace Santon. That'll be the day.

Santon may get injured, rested, move back to Italy, but it'll take a far stupider manager than Pardew to take him out permanently for Haidara.

Exactly just how highly do you rate Santon? Seriously, how often is he one of our stand out performers? I know he's still young, but he's virtually the same player he was the day he arrived. It really wouldn't take all that much for Haidara to prove himself a better option at left back. Not saying he will for certain, but to ridicule the suggestion is quite frankly staggering.

Nobody said it was. Thought it doesn't help that the only defender giving him instructions is one who doesn't speak the same language, doesn't know the game as well and is at the other side of the defence.

Not true, Coloccini speaks Italian.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pont-toon

I like the cut of this lads jib , however I am slightly tainted as I much prefer a left footed left back

Gonna be a cracking player in seasons to come

I like the cut of this lads jib , however I am slightly tainted as I much prefer a left footed left back

Gonna be a cracking player in seasons to come

My favourite bit about him is he looks like he could tear your head off and spit down your throat. Tough looking fucker!

For a team full of cheese eating surrender monkeys I certainly wouldn't want to fuck with Debuchy, Cabaye, Haidara, Sissoko, Gouffran or MYM. They all either look a bit nails or play like they don't give a fuck about their own safety :lol:

Always liked the look of this boy - when he was in the side last night, he was always looking to attack them and he has a purposeful way of coming into the play as if he really means it. Adds better balance to the side than Santon because he can cross with his left foot...Santon nearly always checks back and switches to his right, or cuts in...so predictable. Haidara needs games, but Sunday is going to be tough no matter who is in the side....

Guest firetotheworks

I'm going to reserve judgement going by that game saying as we were up against 9 and Ben Arfa on the other side was being doubled up on. He was putting in some lovely crosses though.

Shame I will never get over his shambolic performance at home to Liverpool when we got hammered 6-0.

What's the point? I dare say you're being tongue-in-cheek, but it was one game. Better players have had similarly shit performances and recovered from it. Haidara's been average at worst every other time he's played. Plus he brings us balance, which is something I think we lack in an attacking sense, especially when Davide won't even try to cross on his left.

I'm at the point with Santon where I think he's had his chance. Haidara's got to be banging on the door to get a crack at the first team on a longer basis. I think he deserves it.