Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

signing a left back when you need a striker or winger, fantastic

We've needed cover at left-back for 8 years.

we may need cover but we need starters in attack and centre half

We're a Santon injury away from seeing Ferguson left-back, or Perch, or Simpson. That's equally as scary to what would happen if Cisse was injured.

Ok if we sign 2 players and he is 1 of them would you be happy that we are short  at cb or striker ?

Guest Slippery Sam

signing a left back when you need a striker or winger, fantastic

I haven't been to SJP for over three years (personal boycott), and cannot watch on telly due to my nerves (I'm a terrible 'telly watcher'), but can someone who has seen them tell me if it's conceivable for Santon to play left wing/midfield if this kid signs and plays left back?  From what I hear, Santon is much better going forward than playing lb.

Shite, or what??

Santon could play the wide left position better than Jonas right now but what is worrying is why Marveaux isn't tried there when the subs round begins on 70 mins if we need to bolster midfield. I guess we just need a bench who are first team standard so we can rotate a bit.

Santon could play the wide left position better than Jonas right now but what is worrying is why Marveaux isn't tried there when the subs round begins on 70 mins if we need to bolster midfield. I guess we just need a bench who are first team standard so we can rotate a bit.

you'd never think marveaux is viewed as a winger in france would you ?

Santon will prove to be one of our best ever defenders as soon as we get a decent manager in.

He's not up against much but he'll have to learn how to defend/use his left if he's going to be what he can be.

http://www.maxifoot.fr/football-rss172296/nancy-haidara.php

Nancy will Haïdara spinning Newcastle

- By Pierre-Damien Lacourte

After André Luiz and Helder, back to Brazil, AS Nancy Lorraine will lose another of his supporters in the coming days. The left side Massadio Haïdara (20 years, 17 games this season L1) will indeed engage with Newcastle.

Information confirmed Saturday night by the club president Lorraine Jacques Rousselot. The ASNL should recover 2.5 million in the transaction.

(By Pierre-Damien Lacourte)

Shows how depressed this forum is tonight , a 'reputable' French source says Haidara is spinning his way into Newcastle which has also been confirmed by their president and Dave comes up with the first gif.

:lol:

This is decent news but unless Pardew magically resigns there's no point. Sorry for the negativity.

And a new manager is suddenly going to sign quality players for 3m quid andkeep the few we have , what is it like on that planet you inhabit

Our manager has no control over transfers, he just sorts the team out - or tries to, in his case. I inhabit Earth, funnily enough.

Do you have comprehension problems too

This is decent news but unless Pardew magically resigns there's no point. Sorry for the negativity.

And a new manager is suddenly going to sign quality players for 3m quid andkeep the few we have , what is it like on that planet you inhabit

i'd doubt many other managers with the squad we have at our disposal would have had shola playing yesterday, let alone a shola supposedly playing on the right.

i reckon out the 48,000 or so newcastle fans in the ground, none would have came up with that formation or personnel.

Guest firetotheworks

i'd doubt many other managers with the squad we have at our disposal would have had shola playing yesterday, let alone a shola supposedly playing on the right.

i reckon out the 48,000 or so newcastle fans in the ground, none would have came up with that formation or personnel.

I think most couldn't bring themselves to start Shola regardless of if he was the only striker available.