Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

I thought people were happy with Mike Ashley and not paying more than we should for players ?

It is all about having some flexibility.  If a player is going to seriously improve our squad then is it really disastrous to offer another £500k and especially if a player is of the potential where we expect to make a profit if he sold on.  We were supposedly outbid by Wigan for Moses when the player wanted to come here by about £500k and Wigan sold him for £10m.

I would have thought that the fact we are supposed to pay the full amount up front to hold some sway (perhaps the reason for the lower bids) as I cannot imagine clubs like West Ham doing that.

That isn't what I said. People were happy with cheap and minimal signings and the policy of running the club like a business is not spending more than we can afford and paying more for players that we want to. Why do you think we should buy cheap players and sell them on too ?

Are we just scouting targets for other teams?

Yes - they don't even need to recruit Carr on a bigger salary, they just watch who we bid for, then trump it.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I did say in the summer I was very uncomfortable about the amount of media Carr was doing and the attention he was bringing to our scouting system... Also the way others at the club including AP were bragging about it almost... I felt then this would be the result of it all and it's proving to be so... I couldn't name a scout at another club and before Carr I wouldn't of known who our scouts were...

Yeah, Dennis Wise certainly kept a low profile...:lol:.

Yes - they don't even need to recruit Carr on a bigger salary, they just watch who we bid for, then trump it.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I did say in the summer I was very uncomfortable about the amount of media Carr was doing and the attention he was bringing to our scouting system... Also the way others at the club including AP were bragging about it almost... I felt then this would be the result of it all and it's proving to be so... I couldn't name a scout at another club and before Carr I wouldn't of known who our scouts were...

He wasn't a scout... He was taking recommendations off 2 agents...

He done his scouting on youtube

He done his scouting on youtube

Post agent recommendations...

I thought people were happy with Mike Ashley and not paying more than we should for players ?

If my memory serves me right we could have bought Wilfried Zaha for a fraction of the price being asked now by Palace ,speculate to accumulate

If my memory serves me right we could have bought Wilfried Zaha for a fraction of the price being asked now by Palace ,speculate to accumulate

Everyone is happy not paying more money than we should......until we don't sign anyone.

Laurent Salvaudon ‏@LSalvaudon

Info @beinsport : Massadio Haïdara, latéral gauche de Nancy, dispute son dernier match ce soir à Toulouse avant de signer à Newcastle.

Massadio Haidara left side of Nancy, played his last game tonight at Toulouse before signing for Newcastle.

Haidara, Yanga-Mbiwa and a forward (thinking it might be Gouffran now) and we might have a chance. Though I am not sure we would do well if we had Messi and Ronaldo - they would probably get subbed for Perch and Williamson every game.

Haidara, Yanga-Mbiwa and a forward (thinking it might be Gouffran now) and we might have a chance. Though I am not sure we would do well if we had Messi and Ronaldo - they would probably get subbed for Perch and Williamson every game.

I don't even think it matters who we bring-in anymore. They'll just be woefully misused. Mapou's supposedly played at DM before, wouldn't shock me in the slightest to see him shoe horned in there under Pards.

Could bring-in Pique and Thiago and Pards would still find a way to get Williamson minutes.

Pardew would find a way to f*ck it up tbh, anyway it is good news.

Given the lack of quality that we currently have in wide areas if we sign this kid and Mbiwa I'd like to see us try this

Krul

Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Debuchy                Anita              Haidara

Marv      Cabaye    Ben Arfa

Cisse

Debuchy and Haidara as wing backs, with the 3 behind Cisse playing more central but with good movement.

Might be FMtastic

Given the lack of quality that we currently have in wide areas if we sign this kid and Mbiwa I'd like to see us try this

Krul

Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Cisse

Seriously, anything that keeps Obermong and Shola out of the side get's my vote.

Krul

Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Cisse

Debuchy and Haidara as wing backs, with the 3 behind Cisse playing more central but with good movement.

Might be FMtastic

No  :lol:

Krul

Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Cisse

Might be FMtastic

Santon as a CB  :facepalm:

Krul

Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Cisse

Might be FMtastic

No  :lol:

It would be pretty much how Wigan line up at the minute, they use Figueroa who was always a left back as the left side centre back.

I realise it looks horrific when you type it out like that but if the other option is Shola or Cisse on the right hand side I'd rather experiment a bit.