Harry Redknapp

MyPalAl

He can be brazen about it, too. Redknapp tells one story, going back to when he was managing West Ham, about Slaven Bilic having a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for £2.5m. Bilic came to see Redknapp one day to say he was fed up playing for a struggling team, at a club that had no money for new players, and that he had heard that Spurs wanted to pay the release fee. His information was correct and it was then Redknapp told him to check the small print. The clause had been carefully worded so it was only applicable if West Ham agreed to it. In other words, it was worthless if West Ham did not want to sell. "Bilic is a fully qualified lawyer and must have thought his contract was watertight," Redknapp recalls. "But I went to the University of the Street in Stepney and I had done him up like a kipper."

What a self appreciating shithouse he is.

Guest icemanblue

Already started during the Fulham match. Remember the commentator saying something along the lines of '..well, this is an example of circumstances beyond the manager's control. How can a manager be expected to save a team when they fail to take his instructions on board?'. :lol:

He can be brazen about it, too. Redknapp tells one story, going back to when he was managing West Ham, about Slaven Bilic having a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for £2.5m. Bilic came to see Redknapp one day to say he was fed up playing for a struggling team, at a club that had no money for new players, and that he had heard that Spurs wanted to pay the release fee. His information was correct and it was then Redknapp told him to check the small print. The clause had been carefully worded so it was only applicable if West Ham agreed to it. In other words, it was worthless if West Ham did not want to sell. "Bilic is a fully qualified lawyer and must have thought his contract was watertight," Redknapp recalls. "But I went to the University of the Street in Stepney and I had done him up like a kipper."

A 'fully qualified lawyer' because he has a law degree from some Mickey Moose Croat uni? Aye, right. Redknapp's such an abomination.

Redknapp, however, now insists that the fact the FA would have had to pay Tottenham £10 million compensation to prise him away put them off, and ensured they opted for Roy Hodgson instead.

"I wouldn't take it [the England job] now, no, not now, not in the future," Redknapp told the current issue of Twentyfour7 Football magazine.

"That was my time, really, if I was going to get it. Last year, there were a lot of things that went against me surrounding that massive contractual clause. People will always deny that is the reason, the FA couldn't say that and I won't say, but it didn't help me.

"I had such a badly loaded contract it was crazy, in Tottenham's favour. That's what you get for not reading your contract properly. It was a massive amount that someone would have had to pay to get me out of it. If they sacked me it wasn't so massive and that was a bolt out of the blue, a shock, I genuinely never saw it coming.

Karma bites back.

Guest bimpy474

This Harry Redknapp dealing with contracts the same one who said he can't read or write? :lol:

If only a journo had the balls to ask him that, really love one of them to pull him on his bullshit.

Redknapp, however, now insists that the fact the FA would have had to pay Tottenham £10 million compensation to prise him away put them off, and ensured they opted for Roy Hodgson instead.

"I wouldn't take it [the England job] now, no, not now, not in the future," Redknapp told the current issue of Twentyfour7 Football magazine.

"That was my time, really, if I was going to get it. Last year, there were a lot of things that went against me surrounding that massive contractual clause. People will always deny that is the reason, the FA couldn't say that and I won't say, but it didn't help me.

"I had such a badly loaded contract it was crazy, in Tottenham's favour. That's what you get for not reading your contract properly. It was a massive amount that someone would have had to pay to get me out of it. If they sacked me it wasn't so massive and that was a bolt out of the blue, a shock, I genuinely never saw it coming.

Karma bites back.

As soon as that second article came out I put both quotes side-by-side on a Spurs forum. It's not karma, he knew full well the implications of his contract as much as he knew the implications of Bilic's. It's just bullshit. The man's a bullshitter, which is fine, as long as (a) everyone knows that, which surely they do by now (b) he isn't managing your club, so it doesn't actually matter. As I said on the Spurs forum, I'm very grateful for the job he did for us, yet I'm also very grateful he's no longer doing it.

Guest Dontooner

Just Reuniting the Harry thread and this, if QPR goes down i would like us to have a look at him again. I know he has alot of baggage and anti fans but what the hell he is miles better than Alan Brazil Pardew.

Just Reuniting the Harry thread and this, if QPR goes down i would like us to have a look at him again. I know he has alot of baggage and anti fans but what the hell he is miles better than Alan Brazil Pardew.

You're wasting your energy, man. Not gonna happen, and I'm glad. Pardew's a shit tactician and all that but I'd rather him than that thief.

• 4 weeks later...