Pep Guardiola

ExiledGeordie

League suggests a collection of competitors. I reckon the Premier has the best group of teams in any top tier league.

Same. Premier League is top heavy, but the has the largest amount of good teams and generally offers more entertaining games despite some of the s*** at the bottom of the table.

Like your sig man :lol:

And I don't disagree, but if you look over the whole 20 teams I think Germany and Spain probably edges if you did a #1 v #1 and #2 v #2. All I'm saying it's not as clear as Ronaldo always makes it to be.

I've said that the Premier League and La Liga are the best by a distance.

Like I said, I find the German league far underrated but I know you enjoy that league as well. I think in terms of quality the Spanish League is the best in the world closely followed by both PL and German. In terms of excitement and entertainment, I think the PL wins by quite a distance.

League suggests a collection of competitors. I reckon the Premier has the best group of teams in any top tier league.

Same. Premier League is top heavy, but the has the largest amount of good teams and generally offers more entertaining games despite some of the s*** at the bottom of the table.

Like your sig man :lol:

And I don't disagree, but if you look over the whole 20 teams I think Germany and Spain probably edges if you did a #1 v #1 and #2 v #2. All I'm saying it's not as clear as Ronaldo always makes it to be.

I'm not one of these types that think that the premier league is undeniably better than every other league but I think it is probably better than the German league bar the top two. Leverkusen are third best in Germany and have got hammered by Man Utd and also PSG in Europe. I don't think saying that the English league is the best in the world is anything to be proud of though given how much money is spent in the premier league compared to every other league.

While the German League should be praised til the sun comes up regardimng its off field structure, people over rate it vastly regarding the quality.

It's so far behind La Liga, PL and I'd even say Serie

A is back in third.

Leverkusen got beat 5 at home by a horribly average Man Utd, 4 by PSG and they're second. Schalke just got beat 6 by Madrid and Dortmund got through by absolute skin of their teeth.

Whereas Spain continue to do it in Europe, Betis v Sevilla in next round so fap worthy.  Betis

Bottom of La Liga and knocked out Kazan.

Ronaldinho is my favourite ever player, but his attitiude, partying and going out with other players was having too much of an effect. 

Rikkaard had lost the dressing room and Ten Cate was too much of a loose cannon. Guardiola

Came in like Simeone did at Atletico and installed a discipline. Aswell as that, his high pressing and several second demand for the team to win the ball back was a different level. They were as good to watch off the ball than on.

I hope people are now starting to realise now that Barca's dominance was mainly down to him and how Barca have looked without him shows up that bullshit that " anyone can manage them lerl".

or this bloke martino just isn't cut out for the top level

Fuck the German league, man. It's still a way behind. Bayern or no Bayern.

Agree.

It's worse than La Liga in terms of competition for the title this season, which I thought was impossible some time ago.

Bayern killed it and will kill it even more so buy getting the likes of Lewandowski, Draxler and so on - some of them to only sit on the bench alá Podolski.

I can understand the Lewandowski thing as he will improve them but the signing of Rode stinks of just getting him so nobody else could.

Especially as they let Emre Can go last summer who would be more suited to how they play now than what Rode would be.

While the German League should be praised til the sun comes up regardimng its off field structure, people over rate it vastly regarding the quality.

It's so far behind La Liga, PL and I'd even say Serie

A is back in third.

Leverkusen got beat 5 at home by a horribly average Man Utd, 4 by PSG and they're second. Schalke just got beat 6 by Madrid and Dortmund got through by absolute skin of their teeth.

Whereas Spain continue to do it in Europe, Betis v Sevilla in next round so fap worthy.  Betis

Bottom of La Liga and knocked out Kazan.

How the Serie A has managed into this I don't know. If there's one thing for sure it's that the German team overall pisses all over the Italian teams at the moment. Juventus didn't even get through the group stages in the CL and Milan got through in possibly the easiest group. Also I don't necessarily disagree about the PL, but wouldn't it be weird if the best league in the world only has one team in the quarter-finals of the CL? Possibly none?

I hope people are now starting to realise now that Barca's dominance was mainly down to him and how Barca have looked without him shows up that bullshit that " anyone can manage them lerl".

Or Guardiola took over the team with Iniesta, Messi and Xavi at his prime. Credit where it's due, but I think Martino isn't at fault for Xavi, Messi, Iniesta not caring enough about the smaller games. I mean we've seen what they can do against both Real and Man City. Obviously a manager has to be at fault for not motivating his players enough but they quite frankly just don't give a shit at the moment and I can't put that on Martino.

I think so far Moyes has shown it isn't just a case of taking over a good set of players and they will do the job.

By no means do I think Man Utd have the best squad in the league but they won it last season and it is certainly far better than their current position suggests.

Like I said, I find the German league far underrated but I know you enjoy that league as well. I think in terms of quality the Spanish League is the best in the world closely followed by both PL and German. In terms of excitement and entertainment, I think the PL wins by quite a distance.

I find the Bundesliga matches more entertaining and exciting the Premier League in its current guise. The quality might not be as good but it reminds me of how the matches in the Premier League used to be.

I find the Bundesliga matches more entertaining and exciting the Premier League in its current guise. The quality might not be as good but it reminds me of how the matches in the Premier League used to be.

The matches possibly, the league in itself isn't though. There's not one league that beats the PL, with 7 teams still practically competing for European spots and four in the hunt for the title. But I do find matches in the Bundesliga excellent, I like the quality. You can get a Hamburg v Wolfsburg match and the quality is very good in my opinion. Rather watch them than Spurs - Crystal Palace.

I think so far Moyes has shown it isn't just a case of taking over a good set of players and they will do the job.

By no means do I think Man Utd have the best squad in the league but they won it last season and it is certainly far better than their current position suggests.

:thup:

Guardiola and I've said it for a long time, is the best manager in the game at the moment.

Or Guardiola took over the team with Iniesta, Messi and Xavi at his prime. Credit where it's due, but I think Martino isn't at fault for Xavi, Messi, Iniesta not caring enough about the smaller games. I mean we've seen what they can do against both Real and Man City. Obviously a manager has to be at fault for not motivating his players enough but they quite frankly just don't give a shit at the moment and I can't put that on Martino.

if you say so, on the other hand you could look at it like real employed a top class manager with a history of proven success at the top level in european competition with the highest level of footballer, barcelona most certainly did not employ that calibre of manager and they're being rewarded for it imho

Or Guardiola took over the team with Iniesta, Messi and Xavi at his prime. Credit where it's due, but I think Martino isn't at fault for Xavi, Messi, Iniesta not caring enough about the smaller games. I mean we've seen what they can do against both Real and Man City. Obviously a manager has to be at fault for not motivating his players enough but they quite frankly just don't give a s*** at the moment and I can't put that on Martino.

if you say so, on the other hand you could look at it like real employed a top class manager with a history of proven success at the top level in european competition with the highest level of footballer, barcelona most certainly did not employ that calibre of manager and they're being rewarded for it imho

Only 2 months ago Barcelona was sitting a top the league with not one defeat and highest total points that far in the league ever. Without Messi and everyone was praising Tata for playing a different brand of football than they've been used too. Now, they lose couple as soon as Messi is back in the team and it's all Tata's fault? Just two weeks ago they beat Man City convincingly away from home. I think it's better to judge Tata when the season is over. If he's won nothing then he will surely have to go as it's unacceptable. As for now they've won the Supercopa with him, will play Copa del Rey final and are almost a given for the quarter-finals of the Champions League. It's just the league where he's failed at the moment and for me it's very clear that it's down to the players at the moment. There's not one player doing a bit of running or so on.

I don't buy that. Real Madrid have by far the best squad with the most depth in La Liga. I don't think it's all down to Carlo that they're there. They've spent wisely, brought in Isco, Illarramendi, Bale and Carvajal.

I think you have to lay blame towards Zubizarreta for some of Barcelona's problems - mainly those ones defensively. It's been glaringly obvious for a few years now they need a centre back (Pique is inconsistent now, Mascherano not being a natural there despite doing well, Puyol injured and Bartra being more of a Pique type than a more physical type that they need) and yet he still hasn't bought them one.

There's been examples out there of players they could have bought and yet you saw them try to buy David Luiz who just isn't what they need at all.

For a start in the summer they should go out and buy Balanta from River Plate but they still need somebody more accomplished that will need less time to adjust. Why not go for Mangala?

How exactly isn't David Luiz the type of defender they need? I think he's the perfect fit, good on the ball but above else excellent athleticism. Never seen Balanta so don't really know, but David Luiz is for me the exact type of defender they need. He's the complete package and I think that just like with the national team he'd be more comfortable in a team that holds onto the ball more.

I think Barcelona need a defender that is more focused on just defending, they don't need one that is as good on the ball as Luiz is and sometimes forgets what his role is. Aye by all means buy somebody that can distribute the ball on to somebody else but get somebody in that just wants to defend first.

I think Barcelona need a defender that is more focused on just defending, they don't need one that is as good on the ball as Luiz is and sometimes forgets what his role is. Aye by all means buy somebody that can distribute the ball on to somebody else but get somebody in that just wants to defend first.

They should've just spunked the money on Thiago Silva when they had the chance.

We'll see, I've never seen Balanta and only heard good things about him so he might solve their problems. It's like you say though, quite clear that the defenders they have now aren't good enough. Also buying Alba was a mistake. They did so well when Abidal played at the left and could convert into a CB and let Dani play more advanced. Now they've got two fullbacks bombing forward and Busquets unable to cover for both.