Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I hope when MYM plays if he isn't amazing straight away this thread doesn't go completely :anguish:

Centre backs can generally take time to settle at a new club, even more so in a new league with a struggling side. All that said I do think he should be in the side immediately, any growing pains will be worth it in the long term.

Taylor is so injury prone, been out for ages played 90 mins on Tuesday under the cosh for the entire 2nd half, so surely Mbiwa will start o Saturday

That's a good shout Skirge, especially as it was a hamstring injury too.

m'biwa should start because he is better suited to the way chelsea play.

Guest icemanblue

I hope when MYM plays if he isn't amazing straight away this thread doesn't go completely :anguish:

Centre backs can generally take time to settle at a new club, even more so in a new league with a struggling side. All that said I do think he should be in the side immediately, any growing pains will be worth it in the long term.

You know for a fact it will.

Taylor is so injury prone, been out for ages played 90 mins on Tuesday under the cosh for the entire 2nd half, so surely Mbiwa will start o Saturday

That's a good shout Skirge, especially as it was a hamstring injury too.

m'biwa should start because he is better suited to the way chelsea play.

Fwiw I'd rather see Mbiwa start on sat too. He's a lump of a bloke but also has the recovery pace needed to add that extra bit of security at the back.

I rate Taylor but how could you say he wasn't terrible If Benteke had his scoring boots on he would have had at least 2 or 3 goals.Theres no point saying well he played better than Williamson If that's the case play me then.To be fair he will be rusty for his few games but It's up to the manager to decide If he's ready to play.We can't afford for him to be rusty against Chelsea otherwise we will get a hiding

I really can't remember Benteke having many chances, although generally I don't remember anything from the second half. Benteke is also a beast and will always give defenders hard time.

Can't believe the Taylor bashing. He did fine in his first game in months. MYM will most likely be better but Taylor is great as 3rd choice CB.

Aye, Debuchy and Anita are testaments to that.

The debuchy hate on here was ridiculous. People wanting Simpson back ffs. For me its a dream come true having two full backs who can actually play the ball...

The debuchy hate on here was ridiculous. People wanting Simpson back ffs. For me its a dream come true having two full backs who can actually play the ball...

Were some people really saying that?  Who were they so I can add them to my ignore list..

This was a thing? :anguish:

I say start him if he has great pace and recovery. Our fullbacks are getting exposed and beaten so these defensive attributes are better than those that Taylor provides.

He may well help stop some of the goals we concede so our "3 in last 6" striker can hopefully win us the game.

I say start him if he has great pace and recovery. Our fullbacks are getting exposed and beaten so these defensive attributes are better than those that Taylor provides.

He may well help stop some of the goals we concede so our "3 in last 6" striker can hopefully win us the game.

You raise a very good point in the first part of your post.

Would be really handy having a CB with his attributes, for covering purposes, as we have full backs that get forward more.

This was a thing? :anguish:

There was one or two people being WUMs man. :lol: