Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I really don't get the comments from people saying they'd understand if Pardew doesn't start him.

He's a fucking idiot if he doesn't.

This is my thinking as well. Would be different if Saylor had been playing regularly, but he hasn't.

What if he promised Saylor a start last week thinking Colo/MYM wouldnt be here? If he starts i would imagine it was due to this rather than a basic one or the other selection.

Then that would be ridiculous.

Seeing as we have the option to ease Taylor back in from a(nother) long injury, we should take it.  He hasn't played a full game for fuck knows how long so don't see the point in rushing him into 70-90 mins straight away.

Guest Roger Kint

If he promised Saylor a start then he should change his mind.

Not great man management though, with reserve fixtures at a premium lately and two big games coming up it could be over a month without a game for Saylor(on the back of several months out) when he needs minutes in case Colo/MYM are injured. Unless we all dont mind Williamson coming back in as the fresher option :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I really don't get the comments from people saying they'd understand if Pardew doesn't start him.

He's a fucking idiot if he doesn't.

This is my thinking as well. Would be different if Saylor had been playing regularly, but he hasn't.

What if he promised Saylor a start last week thinking Colo/MYM wouldnt be here? If he starts i would imagine it was due to this rather than a basic one or the other selection.

Then that would be ridiculous.

Who said it wasnt? Just trying to see a reason why it could happen rather than piss my knickers over it :lol:

He better start v Chelsea. All I'm going to say.

Gutted he's not starting. If we play well and win it means he won't be starting the next game either.

Sorry, but those are just stupid statements.

We're talking about a player, having arrived less than a week ago, never played in that league.

Why playing him straight away when Taylor is available, who's proven at that level. It's a completely different case with Debuchy, Sissoko and Gouffran, but I 100% agree with Pardew on that one.

Guest firetotheworks

He better start v Chelsea. All I'm going to say.

so if we win 3-0 are rock solid,  Colo scores and Taylor gets two who are you going to drop?? 

My head into blender, because it won't happen.

I've held off slating Pardew throughout this season, when at times it was the obvious / easy move.

But christ on a bike, he's a fucking goon! Not starting MYM is like starting shola wide on the right.