Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

He'll start looking excellent next season IMO. This is regardless of whether Pardew stays or goes fwiw, just to break the trend a bit :lol:

Tbf Pardew's idiocy doesn't tend to effect the defenders performances as much as it does the midfielders and the forwards for obvious reasons.

It is a bit worrying that we've conceded the 2nd most goals this season in the league. Though I attribute that to:

1) Extended periods of Mike Williamson at CB and a banged up Tim Krul.

2) No continuity on the backline this season, as Simpson, Debuchy, Colo, Saylor, Perch, Williamson, Santon, MYM, Haidara and Jonas have all made appearances there. A solid and hopefully healthy (knock on wood) back 4 of Debuchy, Saylor, MYM, Santon/Haidara plus Krul should produce better results next season.

3) 'Fortress Newcastle' being the worst fucking defensive scheme in Toon history.

I'll chuck this in, when taking a lead we sit back deep and hope to hang on. This with a terrible defensive record. Managers a chump.

Yeah that's what I've coined "Fortress Newcastle." :lol:

Throwing all 10 men in our half, bunkering in and allowing the opposition 75% possession after we've gone ahead. Works 6% of the time, every time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-fabricio-coloccini-finished-rumours-1855678

[Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa] says relegation has not been mentioned in the United camp.

The young France international said: “Above all, the most important thing is to remain aware of the situation in which we find ourselves, it’s also very important to remain really together.

“Amongst staff, players and team-mates, we have to have the attitude that we’re all in this together. Whenever we go out on the pitch, we have to know that we’re involved in a battle and make sure we give our all for 95 minutes in each match.

“With the experience we all have, we have to make sure that we’re always going out there and doing just that.

“Newcastle have shown me that they want to get back up there with the very best, the elite.

“No one is talking about relegation. No, I’m not worried, we’ve got some fantastic players and a lot of confidence, we haven’t lost any of that. We work hard in training, and we’re serious out there.

“It’s important we stick together until the last match and if we’re playing against one of the best five teams in the league, we’ll still be confident we can go out and get a result.”

Pardew and Mbiwa both see hope for next season as long as United get the job done and survive this term.

With a bit of good fortune with injuries and extra energy from not being in Europe there is a believe that better is to come next season.

Mbiwa said: “I can see that Newcastle have a really strong strategy and a real project to move forward in future seasons. First of all, we have to make sure that we can get back up into the top seven or eight.

“Next season, if we can be really motivated from the outset and start the season well, there’s no reason why we can’t challenge the top three or four.”

Sounds like he wants to leave.

Not if you compare them at the same stage of their United careers.

Not having that, like, Colo may have struggled with the physicality in his first season but he always looked a class act on the ball.

Guest bimpy474

Not if you compare them at the same stage of their United careers.

Not having that, like, Colo may have struggled with the physicality in his first season but he always looked a class act on the ball.

Sometimes too casual, but always class on the ball like you said.

Guest Affy

He played very well today and looked confident whenever he had the ball unlike some of his other games.

Take it Santon was injured?

:lol:

Wey, obviously I gathered he was. The second half of the post was the 'point' I was making.

Buh. Feel completely limp about football. Please God, just let this fucking season end.

Guest hatem garrincha

MoM for me. Very good on the ball. Technical defender. I would like to see him play central with Colo.

MoM for me. Very good on the ball. Technical defender. I would like to see him play central with Colo.

I thought Colo was myself but aye was very impressive, sometimes he shows his age and lack of experience but he's very talented.