Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Every side big team in the league has a striker that si handy in the air man.

I'm pretty certain Stoke conceded less goals than us last season. Defenders play on the deck is of tertiary importance to me. Especially as we have a ball playing CB anyway. Defenders that can defend is all that really matters. Tony Adams was hardly Franco Baresi. Nemanja Vidic is hardly a great footballer but he's an awesome defender.

I'd have one of Huth/Shawcross starting

I'm not sure what point it is you're trying to make here. Are you saying Yanga-Mbiwa can't defend?

How was the CB pairing?

Both looked good individually. Still a couple of clear headed chances for them mind

One of them was due to poor positional sense on Colo's behalf which allowed Nolan to sneak in than actual lack of aerial ability tbf.

Thought they looked very good myself.

I've not been impressed with MYM to date but he was good on the whole yesterday. Hopefully him and Colo get a good run together so that when Mr Newcastle is back he remains firmly on the bench

Anyone going to mention how crap he was yesterday?

Very slow and casual on the ball. Could've given away a penalty too. Wasn't a calming influence at all. Boumsong-esque that performance.

He was shite, especially in the first half. Both good and Dummet looked like the senior players while he and Debuchy played like kids.

It might just be Dummet & good know that level better so were ready for it.

He looked like he had earned the right to have time on the ball and take as many touches as he wanted but that being said it was a total makeshift side. Better performances come from an understanding between the team and that comes from game after game along side the same players.

Thought he had a shocker last night. Easily his worst game for us.

Looked very shaky, and it was actually Good who seemed like the first teamer full of confidence, whereas Yanga looked like a nervous rookie.

I think Yanga is probably a better defender than Taylor, but last night he looked League 2 standard. Don't know what went wrong.

I thought Debuchy did well in the air.

I agree - perhaps Good/Dummet have that advantage.

Still.. MYM was very poor.

It was a good sample of the lower leagues for Debuchy, still wasn't overly impressed with him for someone of his experience but I'm hoping there's things he can take with him in to Fulham. He took a bit of a beating in the first and and didnt react, that's a good sign as I've been worried about his temperament.

MYM was very poor, but he was taken on Colo's job, and colo with all the class he has finds it tough to keep everyone in order at the back so hopefully some experience for MYM there.

Anyone going to mention how crap he was yesterday?

Very slow and casual on the ball. Could've given away a penalty too. Wasn't a calming influence at all. Boumsong-esque that performance.

He had a shite game, that's just a fact but we all know he's a reet canny player. All other times I've seen him he's been quality, so I'll just mark down last night as a blip for him. As others have said, Good and Dummet had a very promising game.