Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Thought he was absolutely ghastly down at Morecambe so relieved to hear he played well today. He's as much a footballing CB as I've ever seen for us, so I guess he suffered from the small pitch in that last game - dodgy passes n that.

Guest icemanblue

Love his positioning with an oncoming player. Has absolute confidence he's going to come out with the ball. So quick to recover as well. Really good game from him.

The perfect partner to Colo in games like this where were not under much trouble and he can just mop up with his pace. Away games maybe slightly different, like next game up against Benteke. Still think I'd have him ahead of Taylor everytime though.

Love his positioning with an oncoming player. Has absolute confidence he's going to come out with the ball. So quick to recover as well. Really good game from him.

His quickness was especially apparent today. Made Bent look like Shola.

The perfect partner to Colo in games like this where were not under much trouble and he can just mop up with his pace. Away games maybe slightly different, like next game up against Benteke. Still think I'd have him ahead of Taylor everytime though.

Taylor was great last time he was up against Benteke like...

Taylor was great last time he was up against Benteke like...

Inb4 he was just coming back from injury excuse.

Not really tbh. But i've seen it in other games.

I'm one of the least biased posters on this board. I have no dislike for any players nor any favourites. I just judge them based on what I see and not because they've won a few caps for France.

It's a pattern on this board where I point something out and i'm told i'm wrong for weeks. Until the penny finally drops and it's obvious to everyone. Happened with Santon, Colo, Ciise and Sissoko and if Mapou keeps playing like this it won't be long before people actually see what's happening on the pitch.

MYM was perfect today but now I feel a bit depressed after just finding out that eventually he'll be s****.

He was comfortable against West Ham as well and they hardly play to his strengths.....

I just think not only is this the most talented back 4 we have its also the one with the most understanding and chemistry.

Mapou and Debuchy feed off each other very well, as do Colo and Santon ( seeing as they both speak Italian) and obviously for the most part Colo and MYM seem to understand each others strengths and weaknesses very well.

That is 3 competitive games together now.... Metalist, West Ham and Fulham and not a single goal conceded, obviously bigger tests are to come but the signs are good.

what i mean is they played in front of him, tried to shift ball round him. on the occasions they tried to go over him it was left to colo to stretch (very nearly worked on a couple of occasions) and they didn't really have much pace against him. all reasons why,again, fulham will struggle away this season.

Interesting test will be Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe even Spurs. Obv will be nice to see if RVP gets one on him or not too, but Scum doesn't play possession like Pool f. ex. so it doesn't matter. His pace will help him alot if he can just keep up positioning and falling off at the right time.

Guest hatem garrincha

What a fucking player man. And fucking Deschamps didn't pick him. He gets 2 Koscielny in each leg. And how old is he ?