Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I definitely wouldn't advocate changing our transfer policy to suit an outdated, and frankly s*** manager. It's not Carr's fault Pardew can't utilise technical players.  We'd have ended up with Darren bent and James Tomkins if pards had his way.

Dare I suggest we'd be probably be 7th if we had those two?

In sure we would be, doesn't mean we should be anywhere near them two mind

Think he's a 'Carr signing'. Not the type of player Pardew wants.

Well Pardew has mentioned to the effect we need a big dominant CB, which we are desperate for but we got Colo's replacement in first. It's always going to cause some sort of confusion when the manager isn't in full control of transfers but i don't think Pardew will be moaning about the type of players coming in.

I'm afraid i disagree there. If he had full control of transfers i don't think he would choose to buy MYM, Anita, HBA, Marveaux or Cisse.

I'm not saying he would buy those players. I just don't think he's twisting his face and causing a fuss when those players are signed though. From what he says him and Carr seem to have a good working relationship and they talk things through together. It's just always makes things slightly awkward when a manager doesn't have full control of transfers and players maybe bought which the manager wouldn't buy himself.

AVB had that problem at Spurs, standard of players wasn't in question but when they aren't your signings it can make things more difficult.

It seems you think if he did complain it would be unjustified. Twisting his face and causing a fuss. Tbh, i don't think many managers would want someone buying players for them that they wouldn't pick themselves. We have done this too often (when we've bothered to buy anyone at all).

It's got to be in excess for £20m for MYM, Anita and Cisse. I'm sure Pardew could have thought of a different way to spend that.

With agents fees, wages, foreign aid and the bank bailouts we're looking at hundreds of billions.

If it wasn't for an overrated, loud mouthed, chest beater that Pardew's too scared to drop he would be playing regular and just the type of player that should be partnering Williamson in Colo's absence. I'm sure we wouldn't be getting spanked as much as we are right now.

Yes he's a little naive and rash at times but he's young and just needs a run of games to settle and grow.

As far as the Pardew/Carr relationship goes I don't want anything to change,  I'd much rather Pardew struggle with what he's got and get sacked/leave than upset the apple cart and lose the best scout we've had on our books.

We will see plenty of him after Colo leaves in the Summer.

Kind of makes it even more tragic that we aren't bedding him in now.

That's not how it works here though, we continue flogging the dead horse (excuse the pun) until our only option is to throw something new out there and hope it works from day one.

Absolutely.

How are you finding things at the club at the moment Ian? This isn't a dig at all I'm just wandering what you think of the direction things seem to be going in.

More worried recently, just hoping we get a couple of results soon and everything won't look so bad. I've said before that the bigger picture is fairly depressing, and that's coming to the fore more in recent weeks.

It's really in these times that the limitations of Pardew get shown up. For a guy who comes across as quite confident I've never understood why he has so little faith in players and struggles so much to arrest a decline.

That said, I think injuries are shafting us at the moment, though we are still making selection errors.

Genuinely  dismayed by Pardews treatment of this lad. After the Chelsea and Spurs games Pardew said he couldnt look MYM in the eye and it was the hardest decision he had to make when Colo came back. Then he doesnt get a look in since.

Absolutley shocking.

Genuinely  dismayed by Pardews treatment of this lad. After the Chelsea and Spurs games Pardew said he couldnt look MYM in the eye and it was the hardest decision he had to make when Colo came back. Then he doesnt get a look in since.

Absolutley shocking.

This. I was genuinley shocked first time it came down to MYM or Taylor and he opted Taylor. Given his comments you mentioned and how well Willo/Mym played during that spell, it's baffling to see why Taylor was brought back in. If there's anything i'd want Pardew out for, this reason would be high on my list. Mym did himself no favours at Chelsea but he could have had a stormer game and still found himself bench warming.

Absolutley shocking.

He likes to keep the lads happy. People don't like it when Mascherano and Tevez gets brought up, but it was basically the same thing. They were dropped because Pardew felt playing them was affecting the team spirit of his championship cloggers.