Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

@mattspiro: Montpellier confirm #NUFC have made a bid for Yanga-Mbiwa, but will not say how much or whether it's been accepted

@F8Piraux: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is on the pitch today probably for his last game with Montpellier. For now, nothing is official for his transfer to #NUFC

Maybe the added mystery will help us out fending off other teams :lol:

You can't rely on Taylor for anything with his shocking injury record. Best way to approach Taylor is to pretend he isn't in the team, then it's a bonus when he is available. We need two CB's this window if Colo goes, if we get Mbiwa we're only half way there.

At least with return of Taylor our starting 11 defence will be better even if it is a Colo replacement.

:idiot2:

?

Taylor and Mbiwa > Colo and Williamson

And when Taylor gets injured? We'd be no further forward whatsoever, can't believe I'm having to post this.

I'm not proposing it as good long term plan, I'm saying I'd be happier with the defence on the pitch in February than  I am now, if this guy's a Colo replacement.

...because Taylor is back from injury, which he is irrespective of this potential signing.

I'm not proposing it as good long term plan, I'm saying I'd be happier with the defence on the pitch in February than  I am now, if this guy's a Colo replacement.

...because Taylor is back from injury, which he is irrespective of this potential signing.

... I know. I was just saying thanks to the return of Taylor, I don't think the team (on the pitch) is about to get worse than it is now due to the replacement of M'bwia with Colo - in fact it will probably be a better.

I'm not suggesting that I don't want both, just that I don't think it will make much of a difference in coming matches.

If he's got a brain cell in his head he'll wipe his arse with the contract offer.

Aye.  Debuchy must feel like strangling Cabaye after being dragged here by his 'mate'.

Not a bit of it. He'll at least be more visible to English football fans and they'll be keen to have him and Cabaye sign for them when we're relegated. This is just a shop window for them.