Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Just read that.

I'm sure Mapou would be on the next flight back to Newcastle if he knew he could play backup to Mike Williamson and maybe get a couple of cup games at fullback.

What a shower of s*** our club is.

Sorry, what a shower of shit Pardew is.

Most people think part of Ashley's plan is buying players cheap and selling them on at a profit. I certainly thought it most likely true. To that end Carr was assigned the task of finding such players, though I doubt he was so aware of the sell them on bit in so many words.

So when Pardew turns round and says these guys, Ben Arfa and MYM, just can't cut it in the EPL where does that leave Ashley? Does he think Pardew is a great judge of talent and Carr must have got those two wrong? Then Ashley sees Roma falling over themselves to tie up an early deal and MYM gets recalled to the French squad. Ashley sticks his fingers in his ears and shuts his eyes and chants 'Not listening!'? Doesn't cross his mind Pardew might have fucked, up or not be the guy to manage Carr's player finds?

Something doesn't add up in all that, but perhaps it never does where Ashley is concerned. It's beyond my ability to second guess what is going on. Maybe he truly is thick as pigshit when it comes to football and has to rely on others for their input. People like Kinnear and Derek 'wormtongue' Lambias.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Most people think part of Ashley's plan is buying players cheap and selling them on at a profit. I certainly thought it most likely true. To that end Carr was assigned the task of finding such players, though I doubt he was so aware of the sell them on bit in so many words.

So when Pardew turns round and says these guys, Ben Arfa and MYM, just can't cut it in the EPL where does that leave Ashley? Does he think Pardew is a great judge of talent and Carr must have got those two wrong? Then Ashley sees Roma falling over themselves to tie up an early deal and MYM gets recalled to the French squad. Ashley sticks his fingers in his ears and shuts his eyes and chants 'Not listening!'? Doesn't cross his mind Pardew might have f***ed, up or not be the guy to manage Carr's player finds?

Something doesn't add up in all that, but perhaps it never does where Ashley is concerned. It's beyond my ability to second guess what is going on. Maybe he truly is thick as pigshit when it comes to football and has to rely on others for their input. People like Kinnear and Derek 'wormtongue' Lambias.

If I was Carr I would be getting fed up with finding decent players such as Yanga-Mbiwa only to see their talent wasted by United.

Problem with all this is Mbiwa, for whatever reason never looked like a quality defender for us. He had a decent run in a few games, but there are so many reasons for him looking good for Roma and not for us.

For a start they're a better team that don't have a clown managing them. He has good players around him in defence and protecting him from midfield. And of course the fact that arguably the Premier League is a harder, more physical league. If he does come back, with things the way they are for the club currently, I have no doubt he'll perform badly when he gets the odd game here and there and then is forced into playing right-back. That'd be Pardew's way of saying "I told you so".

Problem with all this is Mbiwa, for whatever reason never looked like a quality defender for us. 

Not true.

Go on then, I'll bite. Which of these games did he look like a 'quality defender' for us? - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mapou-yanga-mbiwa/leistungsdaten/spieler/57480/saison/2013

There are certainly a few games in there, and the season before, where he looked quality at centre back. You also have to take into account who he had along side him.

To say he never looked like a quality defender at all in his time here is simply not true.

He had some shockers at times, for sure, he was also often playing alongside a clown and was messed around so much with being played at full back on both sides at times.

He's a quality player and showed that at times, needed time to settle in and not be messed around so much by an incompetent manager.

Shame really, I'd rather have him in my side than Coloccini right now.

Coloccini was poor in his first season for us and he was playing most games in his correct position.  Had we bought him under Pardew, he would probably have never been given the opportunities to settle into the English game either.

Someone on here said that the club thought MYM was a bit weird which if true is probably the real reason they have got rid.

Between November and January Yanga-Mbiwa was our best defender, him and williamson is our best partnership.

Looking at that, he only played three times between November and the start of January of which he played one at right-back. In January he played RB twice and CB for 25 minutes when losing to WBA. In one of the games where we won and kept a clean sheet, our goalkeeper had to make a record amount of saves in a Premier League match. In the other our defence was playing against a completely out of sorts looking Torres, and we were lucky when a unmarked Terry header hit the bar and one where Santon cleared off the line. I'm not doubting he has quality, but I think he's a benefactor of the "he's not here but he's better than what we've got." In too many games I've watched he's played he's looked like a mistake waiting to happen and I just can't say a defender like that can be considered a quality defender. But it's just my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

He's a footballing defender, he's not suited to playing as Pardew demands - backs to the wall, give the ball away when possible, grind the game out, bore everybody to death.

Coloccini's even less suited to that than him.

He's a footballing defender, he's not suited to playing as Pardew demands - backs to the wall, give the ball away when possible, grind the game out, bore everybody to death.

Dude, it's getting weird now.  Like the crazy guy on Alan Partridge.

Strange that his best performances were against Chelsea and Spurs then.

Not really, although I think Spurs is labouring the point given Krul's performance. Great overhead off the line though.

I'd expect him to do better against teams who keep it on the ground. I'm not knocking him. He'd be one of the first names of the teamsheet if I had my way but then my way wouldn't involve playing this nihilistic football that the manager insists on. Pardew's football doesn't suit good footballers, full stop, no matter what position they play.

Dude, it's getting weird now.  Like the crazy guy on Alan Partridge.

What's crazier is people pretending that Coloccini isn't a big part of the reason our best defender is at Roma and the fact we're going down.

Exactly. You watch him for Roma and it's as if the keeper has been ordered to pass it out to him, regardless of the situation. They are exploiting the hell out the fact they have a ball-playing CB.

Cannot do any worse than the current lot. Just cannot see him coming back, why would anyone want to leave Roma for this current shower. I am sure he will think he has moved onwards and upwards with his move to Roma. Only thing I cannot see Ashley selling at a loss if his form continues, so hopefully we will get a good fee for him.