Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Mapou is pure quality, that will shine through. Pleased for him but gutted for us.

could have been a club legend with the proper management

also as must have been raked over 1,000 times but he's one of the only ones we had not that susceptible to injuries :lol:

we've kept the shite 3, and the 3 that get injured the most

Re: Mapou singing Garcia's praise, and taking a pop-shot at Pardoo's football philosophy.

I remember seeing clips of Mapou in France. Looked comfortable taking the ball out from the back - quick bursts through the middle.  Had the pace beat a forward team press, providing there was passing & movement to drag the forwards around.

This aspect of his game reminded of Gallas. I'm sure Pardoo would have destroyed a 'young' Gallas too, if fate had somehow deposited Gallas to the doorstep of Pardoo's brand of career guidance.

Re: Mapou singing Garcia's praise, and taking a pop-shot at Pardoo's football philosophy.

I remember seeing clips of Mapou in France. Looked comfortable taking the ball out from the back - quick bursts through the middle.  Had the pace beat a forward team press, providing there was passing & movement to drag the forwards around.

This aspect of his game reminded of Gallas. I'm sure Pardoo would have destroyed a 'young' Gallas too, if fate had somehow deposited Gallas to the doorstep of Pardoo's brand of career guidance.

He never did that at our place. He was very obviously under clear instructions to 'lump it up top'.

I remember the home game with Hull last season where he tried to bring it out from the back, lost the ball and they almost scored. Pardew screamed at him and waved his finger as if to say 'don't ever do that again.' Pretty sure part of Mapou's game died that day (for us anyway).