Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

A guy I work with asked me on Wednesday if I saw that Ba had gone to Chelsea. I was like "Yeah, dickhead, he's scored like three goals for them already."

The worst is 'so we are signing *insert Newcastle player here* with a smug face, me 'what?', them 'didn't you read the sun this morning!?' In the sort of tone thats like god don't you know anything about your team!!?

I have this issue with member of family who always goes on and i'm like yeah i've got access to the internet also fool. And also fools at work that clearly don't know how to use twitter and nufc forums (And I work in IT gawd)

A guy I work with asked me on Wednesday if I saw that Ba had gone to Chelsea. I was like "Yeah, dickhead, he's scored like three goals for them already."

The worst is 'so we are signing *insert Newcastle player here* with a smug face, me 'what?', them 'didn't you read the sun this morning!?' In the sort of tone thats like god don't you know anything about your team!!?

"Do you reckon we'll be in for Defoe?"

"Not a fucking chance"

"He's a good striker though"

"We've had this conversation a million times man"

Guest Roger Kint

The main reason I can't give up on the forum, people who get their information mainly from the tabloids and the Chronicle drive me mental. I honestly don't know where else you would get a decent football chat.

My brother rang me this morning after nightshift with a list of players that the lads he worked with were expecting to sign. All rubbish like Ngog, Aliadiere & Gourcuff ffs. I told him the ones off here and he didnt know what i was talking about :lol:

My dad is horrible for transfer rumours like. He goes on newsnow and reads every fucking article posted on there, no matter where it comes from, and then asks me what I think about us possibly signing Darren Bent :anguish:

Guest BrightonMag

Definitely starting to think this deal hinges on the Colo situation

I don't see why, given we desperately need a player like this whether Colo stays or goes. And I suspect ashley and pardew will have been shocked enough recently to actually accept the fact that we need transfers in very soon. It's 22nd Jan, and we've had one transfer. We were at the stage where getting three in in the first week could have actually made a significant difference to our league position. We can still use the argument that getting one or two players in before Villa could get us important points.

Definitely starting to think this deal hinges on the Colo situation

I don't see why, given we desperately need a player like this whether Colo stays or goes. And I suspect ashley and pardew will have been shocked enough recently to actually accept the fact that we need transfers in very soon. It's 22nd Jan, and we've had one transfer. We were at the stage where getting three in in the first week could have actually made a significant difference to our league position. We can still use the argument that getting one or two players in before Villa could get us important points.

We need him regardless of whether Colo stays or goes.  The concern is though that if Colo does end up staying and his "head is not right" that he becomes more of a liability than an asset and without backup, we would be well and truly stuffed.  And it does appear that off the field issues can affect Colo's game.

The fact numerous flights from/to all over the parish were cancelled yesterday is completely overlooked.

The fact Newcastle were just as baffled as we were by the no-show yesterday is worrying